ADVERTISEMENT

Despite the Loss Proud of the down 21-0 comeback

Have a question for anybody. Do you think Coach Satterfield dictates the play of the defense? The reason I ask is because everyone kept saying they were going to run the football. I think in the beginning we played to passive. Then it seems like we turned up the pressure and knocked the QB and had the other one looking shoke for the third and half of the fourth quarter. I get that we may have depth issues that might prevent us from be aggressive all game but you would think they wouldn't start to passive. Just like against Notre Dame we were giving their receivers a five yard cushion.

I would say definitely more consistent. We have already matched last season’s number of sacks... however, we cannot give up 522 yards of offense and expect to win.
but compared to the last 8 games of last year where we gave up over 50 points a game, the defense should be given the comeback players of the year in college football. we've gone from heads down to jumping with excitement during a losing game. that's a simply impressive start four games in. yes 522 is a lot but that's ,many time broken coverages of learning a new system and not poor play.

Reactions: Cue Card
Could be better technique and the fact that they give a shit this year. Also the offense is on the field longer helping the D. Not seeing the turnovers on the wrong side of the field like last year as much, maybe twice vs ND. That also helps the D morale.

I agree about the attitude. That is the culture this coach is building. With solid recruiting, we're going to be really good in a few years.

We{ve been hurt by giving up too many wide open, in the middle of the field TD passes the last two weeks. We did a tremendous job with 5star Akers. He had a less than 4 yard average he just ran it 29 times to get his 100. I dont know what{s up with the busted coverages but it has to be fixed going forward and I believe it will. Love the teams heart!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT