ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Willis arrested.

Ok. I-71, need to get my interstates right. I stand corrected! But, I still think he should be hammered (no pun intended) by the high and mighty coach up there. Instead of apologizing for the actions of a senior-to-be he's throwing darts at us! Total joke!

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Ok. I-71, need to get my interstates right. I stand corrected! But, I still think he should be hammered (no pun intended) by the high and mighty coach up there. Instead of apologizing for the actions of a senior-to-be he's throwing darts at us! Total joke!
Just read what you are referring to. Is anyone surprised? That's John Calipari in a nutshell. He knows how to deflect as well as anyone at any level. He KNEW his own player was getting slammed with a public intoxication (which obviously should have been a DUI) so he throws jabs at Pitino (without saying his name) about how coaches know about on campus violations just to deflect.

Since Willis wasn't on campus, that means Calipari is not responsible in any way for his actions, just like he wasn't responsible for Rose (and his family members on the team plane) or Camby hanging around with agents. It's never Calipari's fault. Just ask him. He'll tell you.

How is there not a DUI charge in this case? I guess his car just started and drove him and his girlfriend there. But you might expect that type of "car" to be in the possession of a uahkay player. At the end of the day another issue is how (and why) is this case being swept under the rug. Oh I get it, Mitch has total control over the media.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

HUF-Plantlife-Box-Logo-Black-%26-Green-Sticker-_217406-0001-front.jpg
tumblr_mlw63lwgr11s4oso6o1_250.gif
Obviously he was driving while drunk, and I am VERY happy this ended with no loss of life on his part. He's young, and how he responds to this mistake will define his character. I'm pulling for the young man to learn and not do it again. I'm not going to ridicule him for drinking then driving because as I shared with everyone earlier, I did the same thing in 1988 and was lucky enough not to kill or hurt anyone (other than myself). I am very grateful for that. I am equally grateful and relieved Willis had the same luck that I had so many years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneEarWonder
Yes I did the same thing as a young man and I was lucky enough not to injure anyone including myself. But, I was never arrested either. Perhaps there should be some concern that there might be a "problem" with drinking for him. I certainly hope not but it could be a possibility.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

If I'm his parents, his coach, his AD, or his fans I wouldn't be too happy about the message on his t-shirt either! I'm betting that it is part of his problem too.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
It is difficult to view that video and not see a deeper problem there. As much as I hate Kentucky ( 50 plus years ), one can only see something sad there.

No problem. You and I are in agreement but we both know how things work (or don't work) our state's #1 sports fixation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT