ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Dennis Evans Commits To Cards

Optically it is a good pick up. They were able to land a 4-5 star in the 2023 class. That wasn’t on the radar. He fits a need as well.

We won’t know until he steps on the court if he is legit.

Reactions: BPGhost
My guess is that he can make a difference defensively from the get go, but he's probably a project on the other side. I read that he will be seventeen when he arrives on campus. That is more than a bit concerning.

My guess is that he can make a difference defensively from the get go, but he's probably a project on the other side. I read that he will be seventeen when he arrives on campus. That is more than a bit concerning.
That's probably a good take. I can see him altering and blocking shots and being a good rim protector early on. Hopefully rebounding too. Big men usually take a bit longer on the offensive end.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
considering we didn't have a player the clogged up the lanes or put fear in the other team if we jsut stand him still int he lane and never run down to the offensive end he'll still play better d and score more than out current big guys lol

Reactions: shadow force
JJ is the only one that played above the rim last year. So this is another for next year now. Just guessing he'll be in a time share with somebody it's just nice to get length. So many easy baskets against the Cards last year this has to help. When does he sign?

Last edited:
Reactions: shadow force
That 70S Show Yes GIF by Laff

Reactions: earsky
Always good to pick up a 5 star. But, if he was that good why did he commit to Minnesota and not some powerhouse program.. We'll see, hope he is a second coming of Dikembo Mutombo but I'm not holding my breath..

JJ is the only one that played above the rim last year. So this is another for next year now. Just guessing he'll be in a time share with somebody it's just nice to get length. So many easy baskets against the Cards last year this has to help. When does he sign?
Weren’t we like the fourth tallest team in CBB this year?

Let’s just hope that KP can affect this big in the same way that he did the 15 F or C on this year’s team.

Oh wait,,,☹️

Reactions: Cardiac Red
Always good to pick up a 5 star. But, if he was that good why did he commit to Minnesota and not some powerhouse program.. We'll see, hope he is a second coming of Dikembo Mutombo but I'm not holding my breath..
He wasn’t part of the shoe circuit according to the video. That probably part of it.

I don’t believe the statement in the video top 5 pick in 2024. He is very young. Like the majority of bigs he will have to developed. Some will take this year only to make comments about the staffs ability to develop. We will see.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
He wasn’t part of the shoe circuit according to the video. That probably part of it.

I don’t believe the statement in the video top 5 pick in 2024. He is very young. Like the majority of bigs he will have to developed. Some will take this year only to make comments about the staffs ability to develop. We will see.
To me, that's a fair topic of discussion. The ability to develop bigs was a huge selling point in hiring Kenny. In my opinion, we didn't see it take place with this year's team, in fact our bigs regressed.

Not taking a shot or trying to be dismissive about Evans commitment but this kid was headed to Minnesota. The Golden Gophers.

I agree that he will probably be the most helpful on the defensive end in the half-court as a rim protector next year. How is he going to handle pick and rolls and getting pulled away from the basket? Getting up and down the court. His stamina?

I think taking 1 year worth of data over 10-15 years of player development is a mistake. Good or bad it isn’t enough data to make definitive statement like they can’t develop players. They have proven that they can over the course of their careers. The list of players that performed at a high level in college is substantial.

Good news is they landed a talented big now let’s see what happens.

I don’t get it! What would be the allure to play for KP?I think if I was a talented high school prospect Louisville basketball with it’s current status wouldn’t even be on my radar.

• Haha
Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
I don’t get it! What would be the allure to play for KP?I think if I was a talented high school prospect Louisville basketball with it’s current status wouldn’t even be on my radar.
These kids are not long-time UofL fans for decades feeling any of the frustration that we are, at all.

The rest of the world may see some of this a lot differently than we do.

These players might be feeling what the staff is selling them. They might like this Kenny guy. Etc, etc, etc.

That said, let's see who officially signs. But yes it does feel like things are happening.

These kids are not long-time UofL fans for decades feeling any of the frustration that we are, at all.

These players might be feeling what the staff is selling them. They might like this Kenny guy. Etc, etc, etc.

That said, let's see who officially signs. But yes it does feel like things are happening.
My point is you have a coach who never had a head coaching job

You still can’t ignore the fact a first year coach With no head coaching experience failed miserably!

This year was awful no doubt. One of the worst in the modern era. Worse than anyone predicted. He should and could have done better. I’m not a “KP supporter” and was never fully behind or excited about the hire. I want to see him do well because I want the University to do well.

All that said, KP is respected in NBA circles and on the college level by many. Right, wrong, indifferent - it’s true.

Hard to know exactly what a potential recruits specific draw is to the University but there is still a good sales pitch to be made.

I’m imagining KP and staff are more than likely pitching come help build something… none of us are quite sure what that something will be based on this season’s product and results but hey…

I’m sure they’re pitching some type of style of play he’s trying to implement and how they can fit into that. Based on comments from KP’s pressers probably throwing players under the bus “a little” right or wrong. “Hey, what you saw last year (this season) was not Louisville basketball. It’s not the type of players I want or need. That’s why guys are hitting the portal.” KP.

Louisville is still a top 6-7 program all-time with many successful current NBA players. Mitchell, Rozier (still cannot believe Terry has had the NBA career he’s had - pretty impressive) Harrell, Nwora, Lee, a few others. None of those are KP recruits or players but still part of the pitch. He can pitch how he’s helped many former UK players develop and get to the league. True or not… many of those guys vouch for KP. Excellent facilities, great fanbase, and an arena unlike many others they will play in at this level.

NIL opportunities?

Let’s see who actually signs.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Then what is the draw? They like playing before a half full arena?
Well I'm not them so it's just a guess here.

Maybe NIL, maybe playing time, maybe they like Payne maybe they see him as an honest good guy they want to play for, maybe they like whoever the main recruiter is, maybe they like the facilities, maybe the location is good for family to attend games, maybe they might like the offensive style Kenny says he wants to play, maybe they like Kenny's ties to the NBA.

Maybe they won't end up coming here.

If they do, they like lots of things about it. We'll see.

Well I'm not them so it's just a guess here.

Maybe NIL, maybe playing time, maybe they like Payne maybe they see him as an honest good guy they want to play for, maybe they like whoever the main recruiter is, maybe they like the facilities, maybe the location is good for family to attend games, maybe they might like the offensive style Kenny says he wants to play, maybe they like Kenny's ties to the NBA.

Maybe they won't end up coming here.

If they do, they like lots of things about it. We'll see.
Maybe...

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT