ADVERTISEMENT

Demling makes a major boo boo and leaks it...

Both of your "points" were disrespectful to our fan base, AD, and local media, who have been extremely informative as to the process IMO.

(eg Tyra has to cover his ass and make it look like he did every darn thing to get Brohm so you guys don't crucify him)

I do appreciate and respect your reconsideration of your post, and your apology.
I agree with his point about tyra.

Both of your "points" were disrespectful to our fan base, AD, and local media, who have been extremely informative as to the process IMO.

(eg Tyra has to cover his ass and make it look like he did every darn thing to get Brohm so you guys don't crucify him)

I do appreciate and respect your reconsideration of your post, and your apology.

Thanks, I didn't mean any disrespect.

Now I have morbid curiosity as to your thoughts on how the U of L fan base is going to react if Brohm does stay at Purdue.

Do you think I'm off base that there won't be a subset here that hold Tyra responsible for not getting their Target #1A? And that some of them will be disappointed and calling for him no matter who else they get?

For me I think it would be even worse if it didn't appear (eg lots of coverage) that the AD did every darn thing he could to get Brohm.

To be clear I'm not saying that a lack of coverage wouldn't mean that Tyra didn't try his best (I believe he is ... the same way I think MBob is without the coverage). But I think the extra coverage and interviews that Tyra has given is meant to help inform all U of L fans that he hears them, that he agrees with them and that he is doing everything he can to get the deal done.

That way if things don't work out any blow back will be at the least muted.

Thanks, I didn't mean any disrespect.

Now I have morbid curiosity as to your thoughts on how the U of L fan base is going to react if Brohm does stay at Purdue.

Do you think I'm off base that there won't be a subset here that hold Tyra responsible for not getting their Target #1A? And that some of them will be disappointed and calling for him no matter who else they get?

For me I think it would be even worse if it didn't appear (eg lots of coverage) that the AD did every darn thing he could to get Brohm.

To be clear I'm not saying that a lack of coverage wouldn't mean that Tyra didn't try his best (I believe he is ... the same way I think MBob is without the coverage). But I think the extra coverage and interviews that Tyra has given is meant to help inform all U of L fans that he hears them, that he agrees with them and that he is doing everything he can to get the deal done.

That way if things don't work out any blow back will be at the least muted.
I believe our message board fan base would react just like any other fan base (just like Purdue's fans if it doesn't go their way); you will have some that will take it poorly and react poorly, some that will take it well and react well, and the majority who will be somewhere in between...very disappointed but accepting and moving on to the next option. I don't/won't buy any narrative that one fan base is more reasonable or classy than another. People are people.

I believe our message board fan base would react just like any other fan base (just like Purdue's fans if it doesn't go their way); you will have some that will take it poorly and react poorly, some that will take it well and react well, and the majority who will be somewhere in between...very disappointed but accepting and moving on to the next option. I don't/won't buy any narrative that one fan base is more reasonable or classy than another. People are people.

Fair enough.

But my point is that Tyra has to make sure that the portion that takes it poorly and reacts poorly stays in the minority. Think back a year ago to the portion of the board that didn't like BP. If that portion of the fan base gets too big for Tyra it can undermine him and his goals for U of L athletics.

He can help do that by strategically leaking information to U of L media, giving interviews, continually name dropping Brohm's name (over the last 2-3 weeks), etc.

Reactions: mk_peters
Fair enough.

But my point is that Tyra has to make sure that the portion that takes it poorly and reacts poorly stays in the minority. Think back a year ago to the portion of the board that didn't like BP. If that portion of the fan base gets too big for Tyra it can undermine him and his goals for U of L athletics.

He can help do that by strategically leaking information to U of L media, giving interviews, continually name dropping Brohm's name (over the last 2-3 weeks), etc.
Tyra's responsibility at UofL is no different than your guy at Purdue; the ADs always have to balance the wants and needs of the fan base with the practical realities of the entire athletic program as well as the university as a whole. They all have the University President and the Board of Trustees to answer to...as well as the fan base.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOILERBOY
Kentucky was a neutral state in the civil war bubs...that is of course until the state petitioned the Union (north) for assistance.

Kentucky may be east, but we are not south.

Kentucky is south.

They may have been neutral, but held slaves.
Also several civil war battles fought in the State.

Dont hijack the thread.

Reactions: td75
Kentucky is south.

Dont hijack the thread.

Dont tell me what to post buddy. I was quoting a guy who made fun of uofl for being in the acc even though we are not on the atlantic coast, so obviously i didnt hijack the thread.

Im really not in the mood for you to give me a lesson in history. Many states held slaves in the past, even northern ones. Kentucky petitioned the union for aid, not the south. Lastly, there were civil war battles fought in states as far north as Maine. I guess by your line of thinking Maine is in the south? Kentucky is no more southern than we are northern, look at a map.

Umm...just for purposes of clarity on history. Kentucky was south of the Mason Dixon line which, for purposes of legislation, namely the Missouri Compromise, was considered a "southern state".

In the civil war, they declared neutrality and petitioned the north after attempts by the confederacy to overtake them. This has little to do with the historical geographical boundaries.

Dont tell me what to post buddy. I was quoting a guy who made fun of uofl for being in the acc even though we are not on the atlantic coast, so obviously i didnt hijack the thread.

Im really not in the mood for you to give me a lesson in history. Many states held slaves in the past, even northern ones. Kentucky petitioned the union for aid, not the south. Lastly, there were civil war battles fought in states as far north as Maine. I guess by your line of thinking Maine is in the south? Kentucky is no more southern than we are northern, look at a map.

Its UofL

My whole "narrative" was a response to YOUR "couple of things this tells you"narrative that it was "amateur hour" over here, and that Tyra was just trying to "cover his ass". The fact of the matter is that there has been ZERO news coming out of WL; every update on the situation is coming via Louisville sources, which tells ME the 2 things I posted (there are NO inside sources to CJB in WL and the local WL media has no clue what is going on in this whole process).
Rumors and clickbait are not updates.

Pitino, Petrino……...Brohm just doesn't seem to have the character you usually look for in coaches. Seems to fit in better with Painter, Tiller, Keady mold.
He sure doesn't seem to fit in with the coaches purdoo has had - I mean, he's not at all mediocre or desired by other / better programs. :)

Reactions: Cue Card
Like you guys aren't following Jody Demling on Twitter and refreshing as fast as your pudgy little fingers can refresh...just like we are. :rolleyes:
Nah, that's why I pay for a premium rivals membership. Saves me from having to check random Twitter accounts for takes based on conjecture. When the news breaks, I'll get it, and it'll be accurate.

Live look at Jody Demling:

original.gif

Kentucky is south.

Dont hijack the thread.
Maryland, Delaware and Missouri were also slave states. The "Mason-Dixon" line that is often talked about is actually the southern border of Pennsylvania. If you extend the line westward, you would find that the southern half of Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois would be below the Mason-Dixon line.

Reactions: GoldCard
On the plus side, at least now Demling gets to publish his whole article that pre-empted this mess 24 hours ago :)

Reactions: Nieman
ADVERTISEMENT