ADVERTISEMENT

Demling makes a major boo boo and leaks it...

BleedinGold

Getting the Hang of It
Aug 17, 2001
https://247sports.com/college/louis...e-tough-emotional-decision-tonight-125462675/

Follow it there.

The original version of his article had a quote like

02iBHsB.png

So we’re just gonna ignore WDRB releasing two articles, one stating he’s coming home and the other that he’s leaving? This means nothing. Every journalist has 2 articles typed up lol

Reactions: Nieman
Demling just posted that he has two articles written - like most guys trying to stay ahead of the deadline curve.

Don't skewer me. It's all over the 247 board. U of L fans were the ones that reported it.

Interesting. Just heard Brohm to uofl is more likely now. Could break shortly, if not am tomorrow. Don’t kill the messenger. Looks like demling won’t need that article after all.

Don't skewer me. It's all over the 247 board. U of L fans were the ones that reported it.

You cant tell me your media members dont have 2 articles ready. In fact, in the story jody posted it also said “at Louisville Brohm will” but whatver fits your stupid and desperate narrative

You cant tell me your media members dont have 2 articles ready. In fact, in the story jody posted it also said “at Louisville Brohm will” but whatver fits your stupid and desperate narrative

Big10 arrogance.

Its a 14 team league, yet they stick to Big10.

Also Purdue has the best record against OSU, but cant win their division..........

The ones I follow don't. It's hard to even get one update out of them a day. Purdue runs a tight lipped ship. Almost all (a large majority) of the leaks have come from the U of L side of this.

That tells me a couple of things

1) It's amateur hour over here and no one knows anything and is just chasing clicks (which is obviously working)

2) U of L AD is controlling the narrative from a PR perspective, and is leaking certain things strategically to help placate the fanbase in case things go south. (eg Tyra has to cover his ass and make it look like he did every darn thing to get Brohm so you guys don't crucify him)

3) All of the above.

Interesting. Just heard Brohm to uofl is more likely now. Could break shortly, if not am tomorrow. Don’t kill the messenger. Looks like demling won’t need that article after all.
Dude, you didn't hear anything. I'm beginning to think nobody knows Jack shit except Jeff

The ones I follow don't. It's hard to even get one update out of them a day. Purdue runs a tight lipped ship. Almost all (a large majority) of the leaks have come from the U of L side of this.

That tells me a couple of things

1) It's amateur hour over here and no one knows anything and is just chasing clicks (which is obviously working)

2) U of L AD is controlling the narrative from a PR perspective, and is leaking certain things strategically to help placate the fanbase in case things go south. (eg Tyra has to cover his ass and make it look like he did every darn thing to get Brohm so you guys don't crucify him)

3) All of the above.
OR...

1) Noone at Purdue has gotten close to Coach Brohm for him to confide in, in his time there

2) And he doesn't trust anyone in the local media in WL either.

We have a winner, nobody knows anything other than Jeff and maybe Tyra. I guarantee if Tyra does know he is not saying anything until Brohm gives him the OK.

You don’t think boosters would find out pretty quickly?

OR...

1) Noone at Purdue has gotten close to Coach Brohm for him to confide in, in his time there

First. He has a choice to make if he has an offer from Louisville.

I am not going to speculate one way or another, but bullet point one is 100% bullshit.

There is a reason this is playing out this way and Purdue has become a place he cares about. So knock it off.

It’s a much tougher decision than you want to pretend so relax.

Andrew Luck just went on record saying Brohm to Cardinals is getting done

OR...

Lol if those two things were true, then again why the long decision process? It would have been an easy flip to just come "home" right out of the gate.

He's on the record (and so is Tyra) with how much Jeff likes it at Purdue.

If it was even remotely like you are trying to skew the narrative this would have been over awhile ago.

Reactions: Misfit1
First. He has a choice to make if he has an offer from Louisville.

I am not going to speculate one way or another, but bullet point one is 100% bullshit.

There is a reason this is playing out this way and Purdue has become a place he cares about. So knock it off.

It’s a much tougher decision than you want to pretend so relax.
Read the post I was quoting and responding to.
Also...pay attention to which board you are on when you tell someone to "knock it off".

Read the post I was quoting and responding to.
Also...pay attention to which board you are on when you tell someone to "knock it off".
Are you trying to claim ownership to a freeboard? You made a dumb response and I called you on it.

Even the news today should let you know that leaving Purdue is a tough decision for him.

Reactions: Indy_Rider

Actually, our guy doesn't need to have 2 articles. He either stays or he goes. But, he is our coach until he's not our coach. No need to write an article about that. I would only anticipate a thread being started along the lines of . . . FYI ... followed with the message: he's staying.

Now, if he goes, then yes; he does need to write an article. Not about how Louisville stole a "doormat's coach", but who's next.

Reactions: BleedinGold
When the hell did Purdue become Alabama? I’ve never seen so many people say “why would brohm leave here”?!? UHH, his entire family played for Louisville! Kind of a big deal.

Lol if those two things were true, then again why the long decision process? It would have been an easy flip to just come "home" right out of the gate.

If it was even remotely like you are trying to skew the narrative this would have been over awhile ago.
My whole "narrative" was a response to YOUR "couple of things this tells you"narrative that it was "amateur hour" over here, and that Tyra was just trying to "cover his ass". The fact of the matter is that there has been ZERO news coming out of WL; every update on the situation is coming via Louisville sources, which tells ME the 2 things I posted (there are NO inside sources to CJB in WL and the local WL media has no clue what is going on in this whole process).

Reactions: earsky and Cue Card
My whole "narrative" was a response to YOUR "couple of things this tells you"narrative that it was "amateur hour" over here, and that Tyra was just trying to "cover his ass". The fact of the matter is that there has been ZERO news coming out of WL; every update on the situation is coming via Louisville sources, which tells ME the 2 things I posted (there are NO inside sources to CJB in WL and the local WL media has no clue what is going on in this whole process).

Well when U of L's "inside sources" have articles for each scenario.... they sure aren't as "inside" as you are trying to sell it.

But keep telling us all how connected these U of L media guys are as they continue to make blunder after blunder.

Reactions: 521cat
Are you trying to claim ownership to a freeboard? You made a dumb response and I called you on it.

Even the news today should let you know that leaving Purdue is a tough decision for him.
Again, my response was to the other Purdue poster who was rudely commenting that it was amateur hour over here and that Tyra was just covering his ass.

What I'm also.telling you is be careful how you address our posters on our board, myself included.

Reactions: BPGhost
right........you heard from who??????

I just reread this...

I see how it came across as me being rude. Apologies. I shouldn't have said "over here". Apologies for any offense caused.

OR...

Long decision process? He’s talking to his assistants, Purdue AD, and players in the morning. Doesn’t want it to leak

right........you heard from who??????

A booster. And believe me, I’m a skeptic when it comes to this stuff too, so I don’t take offense at all to people saying I’m making things up. I would be the same. I just know the person telling me this so I believe it.

A booster. And believe me, I’m a skeptic when it comes to this stuff too, so I don’t take offense at all to people saying I’m making things up. I would be the same. I just know the person telling me this so I believe it.

That's fair.

Out of curiosity though, was it Papa John? (I kid).

I just reread this...

I see how it came across as me being rude. Apologies. I shouldn't have said "over here". Apologies for any offense caused.
Both of your "points" were disrespectful to our fan base, AD, and local media, who have been extremely informative as to the process IMO.

(eg Tyra has to cover his ass and make it look like he did every darn thing to get Brohm so you guys don't crucify him)

I do appreciate and respect your reconsideration of your post, and your apology.

ADVERTISEMENT