ADVERTISEMENT

Defense Needs a ton of work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cherry picking evidence. Sads.

Speaking of cherry picked posts...you said you'd consider the season a success if the Cards won more than 4. You sticking with it or moving the goal posts?
I never move goalposts, and I never said anything about "success".

I predicted 4 wins which I said would be meeting expectations for fans. I also said 5 wins would be a good season, and 6+ wins a great season. Same thing I just said in this thread.

...Which has little or nothing to do with the defense or Saturday's game...

Cherry picking quotes? Lol. Find posts from any credible posters that said they thought the defense was going to be significantly better. I can’t speak for others but I predicted 3 wins primarily because I thought the defense was going to suck. It’s basically the same guys that gave up 66 points to GaTech, 77 points to Clemson, 56 points to UK, 56 points to Wake. Clearly the defense improved and the offense improved by leaps and bounds.

It does seem like you are coming around on the notion that the prior staff wasn’t ACC quality and was overpaid. Glad you are finally convinced.
I'll let you know when I change my thinking on any subject...no need to guess. And I don't need to find optimistic quotes about the defense because that's not necessary to make the points I'm making.

This year, the improvement in your offense was miles ahead of the same for your defense as the ACTUAL data I presented above shows. And you don't know any better than I do whether that's due to personnel or coaching...

I never move goalposts, and I never said anything about "success".

I predicted 4 wins which I said would be meeting expectations for fans. I also said 5 wins would be a good season, and 6+ wins a great season. Same thing I just said in this thread.

...Which has little or nothing to do with the defense or Saturday's game...

"Great" = "Success" in this context. If 6+ wins in a season is great, it's a successful season. You are now arguing the meaning of words that mean the same thing.

Sounds like Saturday's game was your Super Bowl. Weird.

And now you're trying to say the defense has/had nothing to do with season predictions. Sure.

You completely ignore or unwilling to admit the fact that the offense has really good players that received good coaching. They didn’t make that big jump statistically without good players.

The defensive coaches didn’t have much to work with talent wise. Their improvement was marginal. I think next year the growth will continue but not huge jump.

I am willing to be patient with the defensive staff you aren’t that is fine.
What I'm completely unwilling to admit is that, based on the evidence thus far, you or anyone else speaking up has a handle on the explanation for our defensive problems.

And just because you call something a "fact" doesn't make it so. Except for data, most of what we're dealing with at this point are opinions...

"Great" = "Success" in this context. If 6+ wins in a season is great, it's a successful season. You are now arguing the meaning of words that mean the same thing.

Sounds like Saturday's game was your Super Bowl. Weird.

And now you're trying to say the defense has/had nothing to do with season predictions. Sure.
Can't be my Super Bowl when I don't need to play the game. Different subject.

I was asked--and answered--a prediction on the season. Nothing else.

Satterfield had a great season, and his team shat the bed on Saturday. If that's success, I agree...

This year, the improvement in your offense was miles ahead of the same for your defense as the ACTUAL data I presented above shows. ..

Midway through the year you said the offense wasn't improved. Are you changing your mind on that, or just moving goal posts to fit your most recent agenda?

I was asked--and answered--a prediction on the season. Nothing else.

Why you, as you put it... "sand bag them" ???

bwahahahahaha

Me thinks you agreed with Knuckles, at the very least to some extent....but it hurts too much.

Hang in there.

source.gif

What I'm completely unwilling to admit is that, based on the evidence thus far, you or anyone else speaking up has a handle on the explanation for our defensive problems.

It's obviously a combination of things. And yeah, some of it probably over all of our heads.

But, when a few posters suggest talent was a problem, it's not like that's some asinine concept. Let's see what this year's NFL draft tells us on that?

Midway through the year you said the offense wasn't improved. Are you changing your mind on that, or just moving goal posts to fit your most recent agenda?
When did I say the offense wasn't improved? I'll gladly defend positions I've actually taken. Your amnesia isn't my problem...

It's obviously a combination of things. And yeah, some of it probably over all of our heads.

But, when a few posters suggest talent was a problem, it's not like that's some asinine concept. Let's see what this year's NFL draft tells us on that?
You're smearing again. Some posters think they've identified the problem, and that problem is talent. I have no argument that it could be multiple things or something besides talent.

If I were you, I'd stick with gifs. You're doing better with those...

You're missing or smearing the issue...

No one I read or recall predicted problems on defense with respect to the offense like we are seeing. The defense wasn't hit disproportionately with transfers or injuries. All of this talk about a depleted roster on defense was never heard until we started having serious on-the-field problems. Now, talent on defense is amazingly a huge problem.

That's a narrative borne out of convenience and an unwillingness to consider other potential issues like coaching. In fact, based on nothing but our own experience, coaching is what I suspect. The difference between my position and that of the coaching apologists is that I'll acknowledge we don't know for sure yet. I might THINK it's coaching, but I wouldn't remove or reshuffle any of these guys until we know more. I wouldn't make a martyr out of the D coordinator by taking him out now. If I'm right, we'll see people in this space lighting the match before I get a chance...
I recall many on this board were concerned about the defense. I thought it would improve if for no other reason than it couldn’t get worse.

Reactions: teamcanada
D line was devastated by the flu, bad enough they were quarantined for the drive up there.

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/amazing-offensive-output.46972/

"Our offensive stats thru the first four games were marginally better year over year against inferior defenses..."

10 zipp, Oct 5, 2019
At least you posted some real evidence this time, albeit lacking...

Thru five games--the time of that thread--the BC game was an outlier: 200+ yards more than we were averaging per game. I mentioned in the thread that data were not in hand for the 5th game.

My comment was that thru the first four games, we were "marginally better"--that's not "no improvement"--and supported by actual data.

Your comment above was "midway" thru the season. In the 6th game (Wake Forest), we gained another 660 yards. I don't recall you asking me about the offense at that time, and I assume you didn't or you would have linked it.

I also said if that performance (Week 5) continued, we'd be fine. Excuse me for waiting until Satterfield had proven he had a significantly better offense before acknowledging it.

Stick to those gifs...

Last edited:
I recall many on this board were concerned about the defense. I thought it would improve if for no other reason than it couldn’t get worse.
I recall many concerned about a lotta things when 3-5 wins was the common prediction for the season.

I don't recall too many who were overwhelmingly concerned about the defense and nothing else...

I don't recall you asking

Cool story. You couldn't be found with a search warrant in any post WF threads.

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/uofl-wake-forest-game-thread.47080/page-2

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/amazing-offensive-output.46972/page-2

The 2nd one is hilarious - you were directly asked about the WF D and you didn't return to the thread?

"What was the WF D rank prior to last night?"

67 Ipartiedwithhopgood, Oct 13, 2019

"I'm a troll no comment"

Zipp, 24/7

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/damn.47083/

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/exhausted.47088/

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/so-proud-of-this-team.47094/

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/and-hes-winning-with-bobbys-players.47103/

https://louisville.forums.rivals.co...tterfield-in-line-with-winning-acc-coy.47093/

That's a lot of post game WF threads and you ain't in any of them. LOLOLOL. And the offense thread, you disappeared after the WF game.

So yeah, what's up with that? Sure seems like you only got something to say when things aren't so good. Why you troll this board so much? Asking for some friends.

And... Why you sand bag your football team in the season prediction thread?

I 've asked you that 3 times.

Me thinks it's got something to do with that personnel on D.

Work up a good lie or deflection.

Last edited:
Some of you folks that keep the same ole stuff going on and on and on and on. Do you not realize that is pacifying the objector. Advice here: hit the threads/forums tab.

Some of you folks that keep the same ole stuff going on and on and on and on. Do you not realize that is pacifying the objector. Advice here: hit the threads/forums tab.

There is a common denominator for locked threads.

I feed trolls now and then, but it's not habitual. I am a generous guy, at times.

Tis the season!

Reactions: PHCARD
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT