ADVERTISEMENT

Decisive Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
The new President is earning her pay. She made a quick, informed decision on the stadium name and business school center. I also think she smartly showed empathy for the thousands of other people that work at Papa Johns the company and that his values don’t represent the corporate values. Well done.

She knows what she's doing.....she chose the "soul" of the University over the lure of big $$$$$
Well General, "soul" doesn't pay bills, at least in my house. $47 Million is a lot of money-over a word. Its great to have principals, and there is no way I am excusing what he said-but sometimes you should keep a cool head and take criticism for a greater good. I just think there is a rush to judgment here that will be very painful later on.

Well General, "soul" doesn't pay bills, at least in my house. $47 Million is a lot of money-over a word. Its great to have principals, and there is no way I am excusing what he said-but sometimes you should keep a cool head and take criticism for a greater good. I just think there is a rush to judgment here that will be very painful later on.

Not sure what you mean by "criticism" or "greater good".....but I stand by my remark....the university should stand for something more. If that donor is truly "contrite" and doesn't want to cause a "distraction", then he can do the right thing.....not going to bet on that happening though....either way I believe the university will be just fine, maybe even better

Reactions: wilkie01
It would have cost the university far more than 47 Mil. not to do the right thing. Just look at what happened at University of Missouri. Their still suffering from poor decisions there.

Exactly. Missouri saw a 30% drop in new enrollment and a 13% drop in total enrollment following the university administration’s bungling of their situation.

Knucklehank1 I believe your comments are correct. CardsFirst plus I think $47 million in one year is overstated. I believe that to be a total investment of both is personal and the corporate funds to UofL athletics and academics since around 1996 to today. I wish you’d do a check on that. Papa John’s got a great deal of exposure with the name of the stadium but if that’s enough for you then go for it. When it’s disclosed that you’re a racist then there will and should be a great price for that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Knucklehank1 I believe your comments are correct. CardsFirst plus I think $47 million in one year is overstated. I believe that to be a total investment of both is personal and the corporate funds to UofL athletics and academics since around 1996 to today. I wish you’d do a check on that. Papa John’s got a great deal of exposure with the name of the stadium but if that’s enough for you then go for it. When it’s disclosed that you’re a racist then there will and should be a great price for that.

I was just using the figure Cardchipper throughout. Not sure what the figure is. As I understand the figure remaining on the Stadium naming right is around 40 Mil. That maybe where the 47 Mil is coming from.

John Schnatter contributed $47 MILLION dollars to the university in 2016 alone. Man, I sure hope she knows what she is doing.

U of L is a liberal echo chamber in terms of the administration and the Board. There was no serious discussion or input of differing view points. She was told what to do by the same group of people that demanded Ramsey apologize for wearing a sombrero and immediately took the easy way out. The media will be her cheering section of course. What we really need to do is tear down some more historic statues.

According to reports I have read, this may be sour grapes over a company that didn't have it's contract renewed with the pizza company.

U of L is a liberal echo chamber in terms of the administration and the Board. There was no serious discussion or input of differing view points. She was told what to do by the same group of people that demanded Ramsey apologize for wearing a sombrero and immediately took the easy way out. The media will be her cheering section of course. What we really need to do is tear down some more historic statues.
No one will accuse the media of intelligence or open mindedness. If some thing is said on the street, report and check the facts or sources.

According to reports I have read, this may be sour grapes over a company that didn't have it's contract renewed with the pizza company.

I assumed that there would be some folks that opposed what our University President did yesterday. First, I’m pleased that you folks are in a small minority. Second, I’ll always defend your right to your opinion. You’ve said nothing that would change my opinion that our President did absolutely the right thing, period.

A lot of sour grapes including from the thug NFL kneelers and the cucked NFL leadership that refuses to do anything serious about them that Schnatter called out.

Reactions: LocoCard
And yet there'e an arena 80 miles east with a mans name on it that used the word on a daily basis like it was nothing.

Reactions: GoldCard
Don't have to go 80 miles east to find such an arena. The guy Papa was talking about in his comment, Colonel Sanders, has an arena named for the company he started on the corner of 2nd and Main St. downtown Louisville. KFC still uses a Colonel Sanders look alike in their advertising.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Don't have to go 80 miles east to find such an arena. The guy Papa was talking about in his comment, Colonel Sanders, has an arena named for the company he started on the corner of 2nd and Main St. downtown Louisville. KFC still uses a Colonel Sanders look alike in their advertising.

Please find us some evidence that “the Colonel” used racial remarks. Source please.

Please find us some evidence that “the Colonel” used racial remarks. Source please.

And, by the way, he did use the term “negro” on a regular basis until he was told that “they” preferred the term black. From then on he used that term instead of Negro. Nice try uahkay fan but no deal.

Getting kinda tired of your obviously racist opinions.....sad to be you.

Not going to give this kind of crap a pass anymore

BTW....you've joined to ranks of the ignored

You also forgot to mention narrow minded. You know he is coming off more and more as a uakay/cayut fan.

Reactions: Louisvillian
A quick google search, and I found an article detailing that Schnatter, his wife and his companies combined donated $47.8 million in 2016, and very little since. He was named to the board in 2017. I thought it incredible, but I guess it is true. Losing a donor like that is a very big deal, no matter what people think of him.

A quick google search, and I found an article detailing that Schnatter, his wife and his companies combined donated $47.8 million in 2016, and very little since. He was named to the board in 2017. I thought it incredible, but I guess it is true. Losing a donor like that is a very big deal, no matter what people think of him.

That is probably skewed, due to some large donation in 2016, maybe stadium expansion, IDK. However, when someone says he donated it that means him, not the company. My next question would be why nothing since? Being on the BOT does not mean you can’t donate. That right there tells me he had issues with Pitino and Jurich, which he denied yesterday.

Reactions: CardsFirst
The article I referenced was in the Louisville Cardinal student newspaper. It itemized the donations, which were $20m from Schnatter, $20m from Mrs. Schnatter, and roughly $8m from various Schnatter companies, in 2016. Very little since. Weren’t Ramsey and Jurich still there at that time. Big donor to lose.

$48 mil would be hard to renew on a yearly basis for even PJ.

That’s about 6.5-7% of his net worth last year

Getting kinda tired of your obviously racist opinions.....sad to be you.

Not going to give this kind of crap a pass anymore

BTW....you've joined to ranks of the ignored

What I said was 100% correct and Missouri paid the price for it. Sorry if it hurt your feelings.

It would have cost the university far more than 47 Mil. not to do the right thing. Just look at what happened at University of Missouri. Their still suffering from poor decisions there.
Except Missouri caved to political correctness just as we are doing.

Whatever your views of what happened at the University of Missouri should have least given you look into what could have happened here had it not been handled the correct way, which it was. And it wasn’t caving it was doing what was right. As far as Pizza Mans comments. He made those comments in a meeting with a PR firm that was suppose to improve his image. And wasn’t just the word it was the entire comment. There’s going over board with PC but this wasn’t that this was plain stupid and a glimpse into his thought process. He was a BOT member for a major university and a global company it’s bad for anyone to say that, but especially for someone representing those two entities. Those kind of comments fuel racism plain and simple. And that’s not what UofL, PaPa Johns (Company), or this country needs or represents.

If you don’t understand that you need to really evaluate your thought process.

Whatever your views of what happened at the University of Missouri should have least given you look into what could have happened here had it not been handled the correct way, which it was. And it wasn’t caving it was doing what was right. As far as Pizza Mans comments. He made those comments in a meeting with a PR firm that was suppose to improve his image. And wasn’t just the word it was the entire comment. There’s going over board with PC but this wasn’t that this was plain stupid and a glimpse into his thought process. He was a BOT member for a major university and a global company it’s bad for anyone to say that, but especially for someone representing those two entities. Those kind of comments fuel racism plain and simple. And that’s not what UofL, PaPa Johns (Company), or this country needs or represents.

Keep biting the hand that feeds you. Hopefully one day soon the stupid white people who keep funding people like Ricky Jones and enabling his brand of racism and hate will some day get a clue and send him where he belongs.

Keep biting the hand that feeds you. Hopefully one day soon the stupid white people who keep funding people like Ricky Jones and enabling his brand of racism and hate will some day get a clue and send him where he belongs.
You don’t have to support Ricky jones, but you don’t have to support papa John either. I’m surprised anyone on this board is a fan of papa John. He gave us a lot of money once or twice, but he shouldn’t be a representative of our university. The guy has had problems with alcohol, and has been taking a nose-dive in PR. It’s not really being PC to distance yourself from a guy who clearly has personal issues that affect his ability to serve on our board. And the Mizzou situation got out of hand because the leadership wasn’t quick in attacking racism. The kids didn’t handle the situation in the right way at all, rioting is never the answer unless you are being starved, your life is threatened, or you are enslaved. However, it wouldn’t have gotten to that point had the school acted quickly as Dr. Bendapudi did. I do agree that U of L is a liberal university, but in this situation the right action was taken. We can’t lose the players and they felt wronged by PJ.

You don’t have to support Ricky jones, but you don’t have to support papa John either. I’m surprised anyone on this board is a fan of papa John. He gave us a lot of money once or twice, but he shouldn’t be a representative of our university. The guy has had problems with alcohol, and has been taking a nose-dive in PR. It’s not really being PC to distance yourself from a guy who clearly has personal issues that affect his ability to serve on our board. And the Mizzou situation got out of hand because the leadership wasn’t quick in attacking racism. The kids didn’t handle the situation in the right way at all, rioting is never the answer unless you are being starved, your life is threatened, or you are enslaved. However, it wouldn’t have gotten to that point had the school acted quickly as Dr. Bendapudi did. I do agree that U of L is a liberal university, but in this situation the right action was taken. We can’t lose the players and they felt wronged by PJ.
But Schnatter has now been removed from his position and publicly hanged. When are the cucks at U of L going to deal with the real racists like Ricky Jones, who has done NOTHING for our school? Far as I know, that isn't even on the table. Schnatter says one word and is crucified. Racists like Jones, who should be riding on a garbage truck, are doing fine.

Reactions: pmurt61

Yes racism flows both ways but Ricky Jones had nothing to do with the comments Pizza Man said. It was pure ignorance and that ignorance fuels the very thing you speak of. Ignorant people shouldn’t get a pass because they have money. Whether Pizza Man gives a dime to UofL will not cause its demise. It’s greater than one donor or person. He may have donated money for the stadium but he doesn’t have 55,000 butts to put in the seats. And if he understands what he did then he will hold himself accountable and not hold a grudge towards UofL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT