ADVERTISEMENT

December 12th introduction

Love your optimism - hope you’re right regardless of the date.

Im just guessing when it comes to the date.

Also host games on the 15th, 21st , and a certain overrated team on the 29th

Im guessing the 12th or the 15th.

I reiterate the deal from Brohm to come here is just a matter of lining up everything.
He will be Louisville's next head coach.

Reactions: genowe and Cue Card
UofL basketball host Lipscomb University.

This would be when Coach Brohm is introduced to the basketball crowd.

The KFC Center will go into hysterics.

On sports talk they keep saying Brohm's buyout goes down $1MM on Dec 5, so your scenario lines up well with that timeline. It is going to be an awkward 3 weeks for Mr. Brohm and the rumor mill is going to swing wildly from "done deal, signed at Bonnie & Clyde's Pizza!" to "Jeff Brohm loves Purdue so much he has a whole box of IU voodoo dolls that he just can't part with." It's my opinion he's the guy but the next 3 weeks are going to be weird.

Reactions: CardsFirst

Sun, 07/30/2000? Seriously? An 18 year old article is the best you got? Tiller (may he rest in peace) went 87-62 at Purdue from 1997 to 2008 and is the program’s all-time winningest coach. That is some awesome stat right there. That's just an 8 wins per season record for the all-time winningest coach in Purdue football history. A history which goes all the way back to October 29, 1887, when its team fell to Butler College by a score of 48-6 in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I see the bar is set low in WL. Those facts above cement my feelings that Brohm will be coming home.

This is somewhat funny to me. UofL just fired a coach who averaged over 8.5 wins a season for his coaching career at UofL. Purdue to this day continues to celebrate and boast about their all-time winningest coach who won (on average) less than 8 wins a season.

Who sets the bar higher regarding expectations? I think the answer is clear.

Last edited:
This is somewhat funny to me. UofL just fired a coach who averaged over 8.5 wins a season for his coaching career at UofL. Purdue to this day continues to celebrate and boast about their all-time winningest coach who won (on average) less than 8 wins a season.

Who sets the bar higher regarding expectations? I think the answer is clear.

You do realize you have not had a coach who stayed more than nine years in 50 years! No coach in that time has retired. Tiller has the most wins because of the 11 and 12 game schedules. Jack Mollenkopf, a Hall of Fame coach, had the best modern era percentage and was there fourteen years with a 10-4 record against Notre Dame and 11-2-1 against IU. Had three Heisman runnerups in four years. Mollenkopf and Tiller both retired from Purdue.

You do realize you have not had a coach who stayed more than nine years in 50 years! No coach in that time has retired. Tiller has the most wins because of the 11 and 12 game schedules. Jack Mollenkopf, a Hall of Fame coach, had the best modern era percentage and was there fourteen years with a 10-4 record against Notre Dame and 11-2-1 against IU. Had three Heisman runnerups in four years. Mollenkopf and Tiller both retired from Purdue.
Lol - that's not the feather in your cap that you think it is. That just tells me that more than likely - no other program wanted purdoo's HC - either because they weren't good enough or too old. Face it - you guys are in uncharted water with another program wanting to hire your HC.

In comparison - the last three HC's at UofL - that have left of their own accord - did so to be the HC at: Michigan State, the Atlanta Falcons and, the University of Texas. What that tells you about UofL, is that its coaches either produce to a level that other, larger top level P5 programs - or the pros - hire them or, they get canned.

What that tells me about purdoo, is that they accept mediocrity or worse...

You do realize that we’ve only been in a P5 conference for four years right? That’s a night and day difference, we are in a much better position than ever when it comes to conference affiliation.

Last edited:
You can believe what you wish. This is America! LOL. Delusional beliefs are allowed. Fact is Purdue is not a great job. It's a good job, but not great. WL cannot compare to Louisville either regarding community. The Brohms are deeply involved with UofL and the city. That includes Jeff. His blood is UofL red, and while it is very possibly he turns down the Cards to stay in WL, it's not likely. The only thing missing right now is the timing, and he has said as much. When the timing is right, he will come back home. I have zero doubts.

UofL basketball host Lipscomb University.

This would be when Coach Brohm is introduced to the basketball crowd.

The KFC Center will go into hysterics.

Is Jeff being inducted into the Louisville HOF? He will be PURDUE’s HC for a minimum of 4 more years

Not sure if anyone provided a correction earlier or not, but for the record, Schnellenberger was the coach here for 10 years, not 9.

Lol - that's not the feather in your cap that you think it is. That just tells me that more than likely - no other program wanted purdoo's HC - either because they weren't good enough or too old. Face it - you guys are in uncharted water with another program wanting to hire your HC.

In comparison - the last three HC's at UofL - that have left of their own accord - did so to be the HC at: Michigan State, the Atlanta Falcons and, the University of Texas. What that tells you about UofL, is that its coaches either produce to a level that other, larger top level P5 programs - or the pros - hire them or, they get canned.

What that tells me about purdoo, is that they accept mediocrity or worse...

And all three failed miserably!

You do realize that we’ve only been in a P5 conference for four years right? That’s a night and day difference, we are in a much better position than ever when it comes to conference affiliation.

No he doesnt realize that. He loves to elevate UofL historical comparisons without acknowledging circumstances.

Louisville had coaches hired away because they were NOT a P5 job.

Trying to compare UofL coaches historically and their avg #of wins to any P5 school is laughable.

UofL was UCONN just a decade ago.

You guys are smart/lucky to get pulled in to a P5 conference during a reallignment period that was kicked off and lead by the B10.

That will help you remain relevant moving forward, but to look back and try to compare the illustrious history of the 2 schools is naive and lacks perspective.

And all three failed miserably!
And I should care about that why? All that I care is that they were successful here.

I do know that they were better than any coach you’ve had in the last 30 years. You guys would have chopped off your left nut to have any of the three of them.

Last edited:
No he doesnt realize that. He loves to elevate UofL historical comparisons without acknowledging circumstances.

Trying to compare UofL coaches historically and their avg #of wins to any P5 school is laughable.

You guys are smart/lucky to get pulled in to a P5 conference during a reallignment period that was kicked off and lead by the B10.

That will help you remain relevant moving forward, but to look back and try to compare the illustrious history of the 2 schools is naive and lacks perspective.

Strong was here when Louisville was accepted into the ACC.

It wouldnt even make a difference if Purdue was projected to be number one next season. Brohm is coming to Louisville.

Reactions: Cue Card

Lol - ok. Louisville had coaches hired away because they produced here - spoiler alert, pretty much the only reason coaches are hired by anyone at anytime. I don't expect a boil to understand that because purdoo's fan base thinks a seven win season is wildly successful.

The only thing potentially elevating purdoo over UConn - football wise - is it's inclusion in the B1G (as a conference wide homecoming opponent) and the welfare money that it receives. purdoo basketball isn't in the same stratosphere as UConn or UofL.

As hard as you try to prove that purdoo was somehow relevant in the last century - the reality is that purdoo was never even good enough to be considered "yesterday's news".

I can't wait until Louisville hires their coach. This constant war with Purdue fans is just exhausting.

I don't even care who it is. Obviously I hope and think its Brohm but I'm just going to be happy to have the message board back and that we finally did what I wanted us to do 2 years ago and replaced Petrino.

Lol - ok. Louisville had coaches hired away because they produced here - spoiler alert, pretty much the only reason coaches are hired by anyone at anytime. I don't expect a boil to understand that because purdoo's fan base thinks a seven win season is wildly successful.

The only thing potentially elevating purdoo over UConn - football wise - is it's inclusion in the B1G (as a conference wide homecoming opponent) and the welfare money that it receives. purdoo basketball isn't in the same stratosphere as UConn or UofL.

As hard as you try to prove that purdoo was somehow relevant in the last century - the reality is that purdoo was never even good enough to be considered "yesterday's news".

Purdue beats Ohio State in 2000, 2004, 2009, 2011 & 2018 ( most in the nation)
Purdue beats Notre Dame in 1997, 1999, 2003, 2004, & 2007
Purdue beats Michigan in 2000, 2008 & 2009

When you have 13 Wins in the last 21 years over three of the winningest programs in college
Football history send up a flare.

Reactions: idaho_bob

When you have 13 Wins in the last 21 years over three of the winningest programs in college
Your post is the best I've seen to date on how to polish a turd.

Thank you. :confused:

Lol - you boils are the kings of the obscure - yet essentially meaningless - stat. Do you know what purdoo's conference record was since 1997?

73-97

Send up a flare for that, B. :D

I don't yet understand where the Purdue fans are really arguing from.....Some are quoting decades old stats, some are quoting wins over OSU and Notre Dame and some are talking about athletic budgets.

- Purdue has a lot of money.
- Purdue has a long history
- Purdue hasn't been good in 20 years
- Purdue is improving their athletics
- Purdue has some great wins recently, despite not being good.

^All of those things can be true.

If you're trying to argue that Purdue has been better than Louisville over the last 20 years because they have some wins over OSU or Notre Dame or whatever....then I got nothing for you.

If you're trying to argue that Purdue is an ascending program in a wealthy conference and that it might be a better spot to build a future power? Fine...I'll entertain that.

If you're trying to argue that somehow his relationship with the AD or Drew Brees or his kids 8th grade friends are somehow going to factor in whether or not he takes the Louisville job? I got nothing for you. Never met Jeff Brohm in my life but I can with near 100% certainty guarantee you that if wants the UL job there's nothing Purdue is going to be able to offer to convince him otherwise. He's literally the only coach on the market that statement applies to.

Reactions: kapolei berdog
I don't yet understand where the Purdue fans are really arguing from.....Some are quoting decades old stats, some are quoting wins over OSU and Notre Dame and some are talking about athletic budgets.

- Purdue has a lot of money.
- Purdue has a long history
- Purdue hasn't been good in 20 years
- Purdue is improving their athletics
- Purdue has some great wins recently, despite not being good.

^All of those things can be true.

If you're trying to argue that Purdue has been better than Louisville over the last 20 years because they have some wins over OSU or Notre Dame or whatever....then I got nothing for you.

If you're trying to argue that Purdue is an ascending program in a wealthy conference and that it might be a better spot to build a future power? Fine...I'll entertain that.

If you're trying to argue that somehow his relationship with the AD or Drew Brees or his kids 8th grade friends are somehow going to factor in whether or not he takes the Louisville job? I got nothing for you. Never met Jeff Brohm in my life but I can with near 100% certainty guarantee you that if wants the UL job there's nothing Purdue is going to be able to offer to convince him otherwise. He's literally the only coach on the market that statement applies to.
Don’t disagree with anything you posted. Timing is everything though. Again, just my opinion. I believe he stays at Purdue.

Im just guessing when it comes to the date.

Also host games on the 15th, 21st , and a certain overrated team on the 29th

Im guessing the 12th or the 15th.

I reiterate the deal from Brohm to come here is just a matter of lining up everything.
He will be Louisville's next head coach.
The early signing day is the 19th so I think you have it right

Don’t disagree with anything you posted. Timing is everything though. Again, just my opinion. I believe he stays at Purdue.

and thats the right mentality to take in this particular discussion. There's no way to logically break this down or "make a case" for one side or the other....if Jeff wants to be Louisville's coach, he'll be the Louisville coach.

If you're looking at it based on the common opinion or odds....he's likely to be Louisville's next HC but in reality that means nothing right now.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT