ADVERTISEMENT

Death, taxes, and UK...

As someone who has spent a lot of time on the UK free board, I can tell you that what you have to realize is that you're in enemy territory over here. Develop a very thick skin and respond to about one out of ten of every UK posts that you see here. Some people on here might even get annoyed enough with you to bait you into saying something that will get you banned, so it's important to keep that in mind. The one time I got banned for a few months over at the UK board was in 2013, when I said all preseason that UofL was a very good team and would beat UK by about two TD's, maybe more. UKErik was one of many who took exception to that opinion, so we made a $100 bet. I told him that I would spot him whatever the line was for the game. It turned out that the line was 13, and UofL won by 14. To his credit, UKErik paid his bet, but then I got banned from the site for doing nothing more than winning the bet and being right that Louisville was indeed two TD's better than UK in 2013.

It wasn't fair that I was banned but then again I wasn't shocked that I wasn't treated fairly, either....

All of that to say that you can express your pro-UK sentiment over here, but the large majority of the responses you will get will be negative. The reason for that is that those UofL fans who agree with you or have no opinion will often not respond at all, because: (1) agreement tends to lead to very little in the way of interesting discussion and (2) UK football isn't what we care about over here; UofL football is. The large majority of UofL football fans only care about UK football to the extent that we play you at the end of November or that we go head-to-head for some recruits in the very limited recruiting base that is Kentucky. And since you are in enemy territory, most of the threads about UK will either belittle their accomplishments when they are successful or express satisfaction when UK struggles.
Funny you bring UKerik up. Apparently he has vanished from their boards and there are theories that he may have passed away or something but nobody knows.

As someone who has spent a lot of time on the UK free board, I can tell you that what you have to realize is that you're in enemy territory over here. Develop a very thick skin and respond to about one out of ten of every UK posts that you see here. Some people on here might even get annoyed enough with you to bait you into saying something that will get you banned, so it's important to keep that in mind. The one time I got banned for a few months over at the UK board was in 2013, when I said all preseason that UofL was a very good team and would beat UK by about two TD's, maybe more. UKErik was one of many who took exception to that opinion, so we made a $100 bet. I told him that I would spot him whatever the line was for the game. It turned out that the line was 13, and UofL won by 14. To his credit, UKErik paid his bet, but then I got banned from the site for doing nothing more than winning the bet and being right that Louisville was indeed two TD's better than UK in 2013.

It wasn't fair that I was banned but then again I wasn't shocked that I wasn't treated fairly, either....

All of that to say that you can express your pro-UK sentiment over here, but the large majority of the responses you will get will be negative. The reason for that is that those UofL fans who agree with you or have no opinion will often not respond at all, because: (1) agreement tends to lead to very little in the way of interesting discussion and (2) UK football isn't what we care about over here; UofL football is. The large majority of UofL football fans only care about UK football to the extent that we play you at the end of November or that we go head-to-head for some recruits in the very limited recruiting base that is Kentucky. And since you are in enemy territory, most of the threads about UK will either belittle their accomplishments when they are successful or express satisfaction when UK struggles.
I can also say I made a few wagers with UKErik and he did pay up with me as well. I hope he is still alive, healthy and happy; he was a good guy...to me anyways.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
If it;s the same UKEric I am thinking of, I got banned shortly after an argument we had over a high school baseball game. Then again, it may not be the same guy. Whoever it was also played against me in baseball - in a 17 inning marathon, Owensboro against Shelby County - in the semi's of the state tourney in Lexington. The thread came up because Mike Casey was the subject and he played shortstop for SC, just as I did for Owensboro. I pressed him for details when he said he played in that game - and with all due respect because I would easily salute anyone from a team I went o such a war with. Anyway, he said he came in in the 10th inning in the game - which is possible. But he busted up my respect when he mentioned our pitcher - who pitched every inning, lol - "was not that good". I was, like - "Huh? - the dude struck out 27!!" It remains the record, lol, but he wasn't that tough. I laughed a bit too hard and was a goner the next day. Truth is, I was relieved.

Now, ESPN insider Mel Kiper Jr. has released his list of top NFL prospects at each position for the 2018-19 college football season, and two Kentucky players are listed as the No. 1 overall prospects at their respective positions.

Josh Allen is listed as the No. 1 overall outside linebacker of all draft-eligible players next season, with CJ Conrad listed as the No. 1 draft-eligible tight end in all of college football.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-11-at-6.14.25-PM.png

I can also say I made a few wagers with UKErik and he did pay up with me as well. I hope he is still alive, healthy and happy; he was a good guy...to me anyways.

Hey man...if any of you guys that had contact with UKErik have any contact info for him please contact a mod on the UK board. He's a legend on our board and has been for some time and has been MIA since before the season.

TIA

I don’t know why, but it’s kind of cool having a psycho killer as a line backer lol. As long as he keeps it between the ditches I’m cool with it. I believe he led the sec in tackles a couple years ago. Allen seems to keep him straight during the game. I definitely am curious to see his wonderlick (sp?) score haha.

LOL, roid rage is never pretty. He was responsible for 3 consecutive unsportsmanlike penalties in his Lamar rage game. The announcers were embarrassed for him. We went from the 30 to your 30 as a result, by just hiking a ball, lol.

I'm sure Bill Romanowski is available to coach willing ragers. After all, he set the standard. The problem with a psychotic on a UK team is their already secured reputation as chippy if not dirty. Shortcuts to success such as trying to intimidate Louisville by sending grayshirts out to fight active players, committing 4 personal fouls in one ball game.......we all understand why but, worse for you, we understand how often.

Hey, it looks like UK will have a player get drafted this season!! It is now proven fact!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

We's gon' be rich!!

Reactions: STLNBSE
Just curious. What do ul fans consider a successful season as far as a regular season win total? Not just this year, but in general?

Just curious. What do ul fans consider a successful season as far as a regular season win total? Not just this year, but in general?
You mean you can't tell by reading 1,000 posts in here?

Are you just being coy or are you just starved for attention?

I wonder if you understand how hilarious it would be if we asked UK fans that question.

Reactions: gocds and STLNBSE
This year I would say UK should win 8 regular season games. Normally, I would say 6 or 7 wins.

It seems like I remember ul fans talking about Orange and Sugar bowl victories but it seems like some of the fan base thinks those might be a bit lofty now. Seems like there is a divide over Bobby 2.0.

I'm always in the "meet or exceed" expectations category as far as determining success or failure of a season. And to determine what the expectations are, I buy the Phil Steele magazine and go straight to his Power Poll to determine our expected level.

This year, per the Power Poll, UofL has:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
18. Florida State
19. Boston College

31. Louisville

39. Georgia Tech
43. NC State
46. Wake Forest
75. Kentucky
82. Syracuse
90. Virginia
117. Western Kentucky
Unranked: Indiana State

So this to me says the expectations should be 8-4.

I also tend to look at "groupings", by seeing teams that are ranked within 20 spots of us as "swing games". So that puts FSU, BC, GT, NC State and Wake Forest as swing games, meaning that we could end up 5-7 worst case or 10-2 best case, depending on whether we go 0-5 or 5-0 in the swing games.

8 wins minimum, anything short isn’t good.

And some of you guys are in for a rude awakening, Kentucky won’t play a team that will have a winning record until game 4, win that andyou have a reason to be optimistic. Florida will not win enough to go bowling, they aren’t good.

Reactions: STLNBSE
Hey man...if any of you guys that had contact with UKErik have any contact info for him please contact a mod on the UK board. He's a legend on our board and has been for some time and has been MIA since before the season.

TIA
Damn...I used to have some e-mail exchanges with him regarding bets we had, which also had his home address in them, but I can't find those e-mails anymore. Hope he is doing alright. :(

LOL, roid rage is never pretty. He was responsible for 3 consecutive unsportsmanlike penalties in his Lamar rage game. The announcers were embarrassed for him. We went from the 30 to your 30 as a result, by just hiking a ball, lol.

I'm sure Bill Romanowski is available to coach willing ragers. After all, he set the standard. The problem with a psychotic on a UK team is their already secured reputation as chippy if not dirty. Shortcuts to success such as trying to intimidate Louisville by sending grayshirts out to fight active players, committing 4 personal fouls in one ball game.......we all understand why but, worse for you, we understand how often.
Sorry...but I have to agree with the UK fans on this. Lb's are a different breed and any good ones have this type of personality. Romanowski was a damn beast and legend. Btw...I played Lb in high school and college.

Reactions: Rockfly78

I enjoy the good discussion on this board, that post I made earlier was just a little "trash talk" and good fun. I'm a UK fan who knows where we stand...but I think the gap between UK/UofL isn't as large as it was during the Charlie/Joker period.

I really come here because my grandfather lives in Louisville and is a season ticket holder for football. Remember a lot of good times going to games with him and I've kept up with the Cards/Hilltoppers/Racers my whole life...but I just prefer the CATS.

My best friend is a huge UofL fan/Alumni, and went to med school at UofL. He can out trash talk any of you on here and loves his Cards more than anyone...he texted me the other night "We suck right now, like we really are not a good team. If we played today you would run us off the field. Terry Wilson is gonna be good if you let him play through his mistakes."

There's only been 1 time since Krag left that he predicted us to win...and that was 2016 and I didn't even believe him.

Nobody considers uk a dirty program on the field. That’s rivalry talk.

If you’ve ever been around football jones is just the right amount of crazy to play LB. He flipped out in the game last year but it’s not common and he doesn’t have off the field issues. It’s all good.

I enjoy the good discussion on this board, that post I made earlier was just a little "trash talk" and good fun. I'm a UK fan who knows where we stand...but I think the gap between UK/UofL isn't as large as it was during the Charlie/Joker period.

I really come here because my grandfather lives in Louisville and is a season ticket holder for football. Remember a lot of good times going to games with him and I've kept up with the Cards/Hilltoppers/Racers my whole life...but I just prefer the CATS.

My best friend is a huge UofL fan/Alumni, and went to med school at UofL. He can out trash talk any of you on here and loves his Cards more than anyone...he texted me the other night "We suck right now, like we really are not a good team. If we played today you would run us off the field. Terry Wilson is gonna be good if you let him play through his mistakes."

There's only been 1 time since Krag left that he predicted us to win...and that was 2016 and I didn't even believe him.

Since our quarterbacks are very inexperienced, and Petrino's forte' is offense, I'd tend to agree with your best friend. It's too bad this year for UK fans that the UK administration didn't agree to keep the Governor's Cup game as the first one each year.

The inexperience of our QB's will be gone by game 12, so that observation doesn't have a great deal of meaning for our rivalry game. Petrino has a pretty good reputation for getting his team to play its best at the end of the regular season. Stoops may eventually develop that same reputation, but so far he hasn't earned it.

Reactions: Mayoman
Damn...I used to have some e-mail exchanges with him regarding bets we had, which also had his home address in them, but I can't find those e-mails anymore. Hope he is doing alright. :(

Agreed man. He posted a long weekly game breakdown for every game for as long as I've been a member, 10+ years. Then this year no breakdowns...and no sign after the Florida win which has thrown up red flags.

I hope he is well too...you guys take care.

Edit: And he's back. Was out of the country and no wifi.

Agreed man. He posted a long weekly game breakdown for every game for as long as I've been a member, 10+ years. Then this year no breakdowns...and no sign after the Florida win which has thrown up red flags.

I hope he is well too...you guys take care.

Edit: And he's back. Was out of the country and no wifi.
Great to hear !!

Since our quarterbacks are very inexperienced, and Petrino's forte' is offense, I'd tend to agree with your best friend. It's too bad this year for UK fans that the UK administration didn't agree to keep the Governor's Cup game as the first one each year.

The inexperience of our QB's will be gone by game 12, so that observation doesn't have a great deal of meaning for our rivalry game. Petrino has a pretty good reputation for getting his team to play its best at the end of the regular season. Stoops may eventually develop that same reputation, but so far he hasn't earned it.
I think 2020 is the year you guys will shoot for to be really good. You lost the best player in the nation...45 TD's and 5,000 total yards to replace, along with 2 running backs. You lost some really high level guys on a defense that wasn't a strength to begin with last season. Just a lot to replace and it just will take time to get them going.

A lot of youth all over the roster. It's harder to re-load when you're in a tough division like you guys are in when you aren't in the top 25 recruiting. Bobby is the type to "coach em up" and he just needs time to get the guys ready. By the end of this season and starting next year, those guys will click and Bobby should have a really good team ready to take on Clemson.

Clemson and the other BIG DOG programs can just reload with talent year after year, but Bobby has to build up for 2-3 years to get a team ready to be a top 10 team. But you all are ticking up in recruiting and Bobby is building a strong foundation. Now he's never been anywhere longer than 5 years, so he's never had to completely re-tool a team before...but I think he will get it right.

And some of you guys are in for a rude awakening, Kentucky won’t play a team that will have a winning record until game 4, .

You keep saying this, but it doesn't make much sense. Our first game was also our opponents first game, so we were both unbeaten, our second game was Florida, they were 1-0, so we have already played a team with a winning record, and as you mentioned, our 4th opponent will have a winning record. So out of our first 4 opponents, when we play them, 1 will have a losing record. That's a far cry from what you are portraying.

You keep saying this, but it doesn't make much sense. Our first game was also our opponents first game, so we were both unbeaten, our second game was Florida, they were 1-0, so we have already played a team with a winning record, and as you mentioned, our 4th opponent will have a winning record. So out of our first 4 opponents, when we play them, 1 will have a losing record. That's a far cry from what you are portraying.
I’m talking about a winning, end of the season record. Florida looks like the same 4 win team as last year, and CMU got steamrolled by Kansas....

Last edited:
Reactions: Chapman123

If you’ve ever been around football jones is just the right amount of crazy to play LB. He flipped out in the game last year but it’s not common and he doesn’t have off the field issues. It’s all good.
Louisville considers the yuts a dirty program under stupes - and there’s plenty of evidence to back up that assertion.

If you consider losing your composure enough to spit at opposing fans, commit multiple personal / unsportsmanlike fouls that cost / negatively impact your team in crucial spots and, actually push and otherwise completely disrespect your own coaches to be acceptable - then yes, jones is just the right amount of crazy. Of course it might mean that you yourself are either crazy, or don’t understand winning football. The fact that stupes continued to play him in last year’s game says all you need to know about him.

Beyond his mental issues, jones simply isn’t a very good football player. His reads are typically shitty so he’s frequently out of position - he gets burned in the passing game on the reg. He has zero chance of playing at the next level.

Only kentucky fans could support a guy like jones. Further, it is painfully obvious that Stoops encourages the bush league, low-rent pregame stuff and supports a culture where playing dirty is acceptable. So basically, UK sucks and lacks fundamental sportsmanship. It is what it is.

Reactions: gocds and BPGhost
Sorry...but I have to agree with the UK fans on this. Lb's are a different breed and any good ones have this type of personality. Romanowski was a damn beast and legend. Btw...I played Lb in high school and college.
I played with and against LB's who went pro. No, it;s not acommon trait. Mesomorphs? Certainly, but even they had souls, lol.

Playing like a meth head is no one's idea of efficient nor worthwhile. Dick Butkus was surprisingly cerebral about defense. You have to know where people are going to stop them.

"Dirty" implies varied things. Such as cheering Tebow's injury which Florida fans find difficult to forgive, or likewise Bush's broken leg. Sucking up whatever it takes to salvage pride or to get an edge, such as the freakouts 2-3 years in a row against UofL in one form or another. Get real. Know your history

I played with and against LB's who went pro. No, it;s not acommon trait. Mesomorphs? Certainly, but even they had souls, lol.

Playing like a meth head is no one's idea of efficient nor worthwhile. Dick Butkus was surprisingly cerebral about defense. You have to know where people are going to stop them.
Yea you didn't play at any significant level...I dont care what you say. Line backers are a different breed, and for good reason. You sound stupid.

Reactions: Rockfly78
I would love to have 2 nut job Lbs behind our defensive line. It's an Intimidation factor. I'm sure senor thinks his church league flag football teams LBs went pro. You continue to post the weirdest, most dumb shit on this board. Too much LSD bud.

Yea you didn't play at any significant level...I dont care what you say. Line backers are a different breed, and for good reason. You sound stupid.
That's pretty stupid. There is a big difference in playing aggressive intelligent football and acting like a punk looking to cheap shot people.

Reactions: BPGhost
You seem to get more infantile every time I piss you off.

I can't wait to see how far this goes, lol.

Just because you learned how to growl when you made a tackle does not qualify you as near crazy, lol. I played against pros in 3 sports, lol. Kentucky used to have some great athletes.

Last edited:
You seem to get more infantile every time I piss you off.

I can't wait to see how far this goes, lol.

Just because you learned how to growl when you made a tackle does not qualify you as near crazy, lol. I played against pros in 3 sports, lol. Kentucky used to have some great athletes.
Senore you from Owensboro?

That's pretty stupid. There is a big difference in playing aggressive intelligent football and acting like a punk looking to cheap shot people.
It’s a really stupid - and super unintelligent take. UofL has had some aggressive, physical and flat out great LBs thru the years and none of them played like the embarrassment that is #34.

I would love to have 2 nut job Lbs behind our defensive line. It's an Intimidation factor. I'm sure senor thinks his church league flag football teams LBs went pro. You continue to post the weirdest, most dumb shit on this board. Too much LSD bud.
You can have all you want of that tool, he is garbage.

Y’all acting like this is Sunday school. It’s big boy football. You’ve seen jones melt down one time and you act like he’s forever dirty. That’s small picture stuff right there. The dudes awesome and any team would be happy to have him. Watch some football.

Chapman is right. There’s an intimidation factor with certain athletes in sports. Linebackers, hockey goons, closers in baseball, etc. don’t think for a second that running backs aren’t thinking about 34 when they hit the hole.

Don’t be so soft.

Reactions: Chapman123
Y’all acting like this is Sunday school. It’s big boy football. You’ve seen jones melt down one time and you act like he’s forever dirty. That’s small picture stuff right there. The dudes awesome and any team would be happy to have him. Watch some football.

Chapman is right. There’s an intimidation factor with certain athletes in sports. Linebackers, hockey goons, closers in baseball, etc. don’t think for a second that running backs aren’t thinking about 34 when they hit the hole.

Don’t be so soft.
He was suspended a game before he acted psycho against us, don’t come here with your BS. He’s a NUTJOB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT