ADVERTISEMENT

Death, taxes, and UK...

You play us though. Ya giddy because you beat a 4-8 Florida team? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to judge our team based on what outsiders say about us...

And the barometer here is the anger and vitriol towards the Cats when they win(I see one guy above is very angry about our win). That's usually how you can judge how good the Cards are over at Cats Illustrated when you guys are doing well.

The thing about this being the "worst Florida team of all time" is way too early to say. We lost to So. Miss 2 years back and looked like a 2 win team possibly...you all blew FSU out of the water a little bit after that and looked like a playoff team. By November, both teams were much different. Florida has a lot of talent and a great coach, I bet they will figure it out before long and Im glad we played them before they do get it right.

Flipping a car is inexcusable, and even though they were drunk college kids...they should be suspended from the University.
Dude - who’s angry? Every post is either about how insecure (running to rival message boards to puff out your chest about being 1-32), silly / immature (for weeping about being 1-32) or violently destructive (for damaging property after going 1-32) you idiots are.

Being angry about other programs’ successes is the defining characteristic of the yut “fan” base. I doubt most here give enough of a shit about uk - when UofL isn’t playing them - for it even to register.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
If you look closer you'll see a team that has the ability to dominate the LOS (offensively) against 75% of their schedule, including Louisville. There is tape on all players - makes no sense. Players make plays or they don't. Everyone had tape on Lamar, yet no one could do a thing about it.

Ignorant.

First: your lines are average at best

Second: There's nowhere near enough film on TD Terry (ridiculous nickname included for irony). Once there's a larger sample size illustrating his limitations, flaws, and tendencies, you'll see diminished performance. Lamar was nearly unstoppable early into his sophomore season because teams simply weren't prepared for him. Your guy is no Lamar.

Ignorant.

Second: There's nowhere near enough film on TD Terry (ridiculous nickname included for irony). Once there's a larger sample size illustrating his limitations, flaws, and tendencies, you'll see diminished performance. Lamar was nearly unstoppable early into his sophomore season because teams simply weren't prepared for him. Your guy is no Lamar.

You’re proving my earlier point. You’re only focused on the QB. You think teams are going to beat us because they watch film on the QB? The quarterback is always the focus but he’s just a piece of the puzzle. Our run game is our strength. You can watch film on that too. It’s not rocket science. But the truth is can you line up and stop the SEC’s leading rusher from last year? He’s running behind an above average line as well although I respect your opinion to the contrary. Time will tell. Long season.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
The reason you looked better against UF was entirely about QB play. I don't see how you missed that point. Snell was the same guy last year, but Johnson was pedestrian. Hell, he rushed for 200 yards against us and you still got boat raced. Thus my point about TDTerry coming back down to Earth stands. There's no reason for either of your lines to be improved and they aren't. Don't kid yourself.

The reason you looked better against UF was entirely about QB play. I don't see how you missed that point. Snell was the same guy last year, but Johnson was pedestrian. Hell, he rushed for 200 yards against us and you still got boat raced. Thus my point about TDTerry coming back down to Earth stands. There's no reason for either of your lines to be improved and they aren't. Don't kid yourself.
We have NFL players a several key positions. None of them are named terry Wilson. You are one of those fans that really don’t know what you’re looking at when you watch football if you think we only beat Florida because of Terry Wilson. I can’t help you there. Again I respect your opinion. Hell im just glad we won. I don’t really want to argue the reason why.

We have NFL players a several key positions. None of them are named terry Wilson. You are one of those fans that really don’t know what you’re looking at when you watch football if you think we only beat Florida because of Terry Wilson. I can’t help you there. Again I respect your opinion. Hell im just glad we won. I don’t really want to argue the reason why.

Bwahhahaha. Who are your NFL players? I'm dying to hear this.

You’re proving my earlier point. You’re only focused on the QB. You think teams are going to beat us because they watch film on the QB? The quarterback is always the focus but he’s just a piece of the puzzle. Our run game is our strength. You can watch film on that too. It’s not rocket science. But the truth is can you line up and stop the SEC’s leading rusher from last year? He’s running behind an above average line as well although I respect your opinion to the contrary. Time will tell. Long season.
Keep in mind, the Peter Sermon defense held your team to 2 td last year....2. That defense was a joke !
That was a good win and I dont care how bad that Florida team is. UK needed that monkey gone.

I swear to you I said the same thing last year when UK almost beat Florida, I told my buddy how improved they looked etc and he laughed at me and the wheels eventually did fall off. I said the same thing yesterday how improved they looked. I'll believe it when the season ends that this isn't the same old UK.

Honestly, if you know football, you will admit that Florida looked very weak. Time will tell. Congrats on the win.

Keep in mind, the Peter Sermon defense held your team to 2 td last year....2. That defense was a joke !
That was a good win and I dont care how bad that Florida team is. UK needed that monkey gone.

I swear to you I said the same thing last year when UK almost beat Florida, I told my buddy how improved they looked etc and he laughed at me and the wheels eventually did fall off. I said the same thing yesterday how improved they looked. I'll believe it when the season ends that this isn't the same old UK.

Honestly, if you know football, you will admit that Florida looked very weak. Time will tell. Congrats on the win.
Thanks. Yeah I agree with you. We do look like we have a nice squad that is much improved. But time will tell. I’ve had high hopes before. The talent level is much higher than it has been though. Fingers crossed that the wheels stay on. November 24 should be fun and stressful

Bwahhahaha. Who are your NFL players? I'm dying to hear this.

All these projections are from draftanalyst.com

Josh Allen - 1st
Benny snell - 2nd
Mike Edwards - 3-4
Jordan jones - 4
Landon young - 6
Chris westry - 6
Darius west - 6-7
Lionel Johnson - 6-7
George asafo adjei- 7
Derrick Beaty FA
Denzel ware FA
CJ Conrad FA
Dorian baker FA
Logan stenberg FA
Tavin Richardson FA
J stallings FA

Give credit for beating a team for the first time in 32 years......AD should extend his contract with a 20 million buyout for the next 10 years! Additionally, UK DOES have 3 guys that will get drafted next year which is a big jump compared to last year. Power 5 team in the SEC, not an overarching achievement, but hey I get it.......

FLA will be a 7-5 or so team (4 gimmies) as they dont have a QB and cant stop the run, evidenced by the fact that Charleston Southern ran for 200+ yards on them. Don't act like ,beyond the streak, this is a program defining win.

There is NO QB controversy at UL. Pass is the QB, but I've been a big fan of Cunningham, so I hope they find ways to get him on the field every now and then.

Last point is that I love how sUcK fans come on here nad question anything we say........its a UL board and we HATE UK, whats the problem here?

Ignorant.

I never said he was Lamar, I made a statement about tape and how players make plays. UK line is better than average. My points aren't ignorant, you're simply not being objective, which is OK, you're a fan - I get it.

Last edited:
I never said he was Lamar, I made a statement about tape and how players make plays. UK line is better than average. My points aren't ignorant, you're simply not being objective, which is OK, your a fan - I get it.
Yea, honestly, I wish we had your O line and RB.

Now back to hating you. F off!!

Reactions: gobigblue812

Josh Allen - 1st
Benny snell - 2nd
Mike Edwards - 3-4
Jordan jones - 4
Landon young - 6
Chris westry - 6
Darius west - 6-7
Lionel Johnson - 6-7
George asafo adjei- 7
Derrick Beaty FA
Denzel ware FA
CJ Conrad FA
Dorian baker FA
Logan stenberg FA
Tavin Richardson FA
J stallings FA

Yep. Loaded with can't miss guys alright

Good Lord that is sad, lol. In other words, they'd better win this season because next year they won't have enough players left to field a team. Even their waterboy will be offered a contract!

Frankly, based on a ridiculously small sample size, UK looks better than we do currently. Simply having a healthy Snell is an outsized asset in their favor. But, as someone mentioned, Florida gave up 200 rushing yards to Charleston, lol. Bearing in mind Snell will get 300 carries before the last game, and that he was injured in our game, Terry Touch Me had best develop into a passer fast. Otherwise, Snell won't make it to Game 9.

The Cards are a mystery - even to us. But we did only give up 7 points last game. Salve from the Bama destruction comes this week as well. With Virginia being beat by Indiana (the powerhouse UK refuses to play),it could set up nicely for a slowly developing team who need constant incremental improvement to get to a good record and bowl. We're incredibly young.

You asked for a list. You got one. I’m sorry it was bigger than you were expecting.

But my point is validated. We have several nfl prospects on this team none of which are named terry Wilson. Football is won in the trenches and our line is nice enough. A strong running game sets the pace and makes qbs look good. Our run game is strong. It also doesn’t hurt that our d line is pretty good. We don’t need terry Wilson to be Lamar Jackson and that’s fine. We can still win games.

You asked for a list. You got one. I’m sorry it was bigger than you were expecting.

But my point is validated. We have several nfl prospects on this team none of which are named terry Wilson. Football is won in the trenches and our line is nice enough. A strong running game sets the pace and makes qbs look good. Our run game is strong. It also doesn’t hurt that our d line is pretty good. We don’t need terry Wilson to be Lamar Jackson and that’s fine. We can still win games.

Having 1 possible first-round player (doubt you have any) and a bunch of late round or FA guys means absolutely dick. Most power 5 teams have a plethora of guys who might get a sniff.

By the way, we've seen plenty of NFL guys in the Ville (19 currently active members of NFL rosters to UKs 8).

Reactions: gocds
Having 1 possible first-round player (doubt you have any) and a bunch of late round or FA guys means absolutely dick. Most power 5 teams have a plethora of guys who might get a sniff.

By the way, we've seen plenty of NFL guys in the Ville (19 currently active members of NFL rosters to UKs 8).
Whatever man. You thought you would catch me in an exaggeration or a lie and it blew up in your face. Then you moved on to the predictable move of downplaying it. Nice.

Whatever man. You thought you would catch me in an exaggeration or a lie and it blew up in your face. Then you moved on to the predictable move of downplaying it. Nice.
To the contrary, I allowed you to make a predictably uninformed comment and watched it play out like the slappy you are. Posting potential 6th and 7th round picks as well as FAs from a website shows your absolute lack of understanding of all things football. Typical of your brethren on catspause.

Reactions: gocds
To the contrary, I allowed you to make a predictably uninformed comment and watched it play out like the slappy you are. Posting potential 6th and 7th round picks as well as FAs from a website shows your absolute lack of understanding of all things football. Typical of your brethren on catspause.
You are in the death spiral. Just let it go. It’s ok.

At this point in the season, there is no guaranteed W on our schedule. We need to improve fast. If the game was played this week, UK would most likely beat us. But it wont be played until Nov 24th and a lot will change before then.

Reactions: Rockfly78
That very informed, long as all Hail list was so awesome it reminded me of an average year for Louisville.

Behold the majesty of that Force of Nature which is UK football.

Reactions: STLNBSE and gocds

Josh Allen - 1st
Benny snell - 2nd
Mike Edwards - 3-4
Jordan jones - 4
Landon young - 6
Chris westry - 6
Darius west - 6-7
Lionel Johnson - 6-7
George asafo adjei- 7
Derrick Beaty FA
Denzel ware FA
CJ Conrad FA
Dorian baker FA
Logan stenberg FA
Tavin Richardson FA
J stallings FA

Whereas there isn't any question that there is more NFL caliber talent in lexington this year - not that the bar was set very high - akin to jumping over a broomstick - I would seriously doubt that the draft projections of any of the players listed after snell come to fruition. j. jones football IQ and stature are far too little and he is far too mental, l. young has the measurables but can't stay uninjured, westry's football IQ and toughness are in short supply and the other DBs better have significantly better years - particularly in run support this year, or they will all be lucky to sign free agent contracts.

Not hating - just the facts.

Reactions: STLNBSE
Whereas there isn't any question that there is more NFL caliber talent in lexington this year - not that the bar was set very high - akin to jumping over a broomstick - I would seriously doubt that the draft projections of any of the players listed after snell come to fruition. j. jones football IQ and stature are far too little and he is far too mental, l. young has the measurables but can't stay uninjured, westry's football IQ and toughness are in short supply and the other DBs better have significantly better years - particularly in run support this year, or they will all be lucky to sign free agent contracts.

Not hating - just the facts.
Here’s a fact for you. Josh Allen is the stud prospect of the group at this stage. Not snell.

Listen, y’all are getting way too bent out of shape about this. I said in another post that UK has NFL prospects at several positions. Another poster thought that notion was funny and basically asked to see proof. I provided the list which took me two seconds and a google search. Nowhere did I say it was a roster full of pro bowlers. There were some surprises on the list actually. I don’t think westry will be drafted and I think CJ Conrad will be one of the better TE’s coming out.

I don’t know I guess maybe the list was bigger than some of you thought or maybe it’s that we have more prospects than you. I honestly don’t know outside of jaylen smith who is probably a 2-5 rounder.

Last edited:
Mike Edwards may be the best player on UK's team. (debatable with Josh Allen)

Btw, if the Cards had this version of UK's OL blocking for Lamar, I really think you guys may have made the playoff. UK ran for 300 yards, allowed no sacks and no official QB pressures. (though I think that last stat is a bit bogus - Wilson's athleticism aided that greatly)

Regardless, long season ahead for both teams before we play. I do think you guys getting a horrible ISU, a down WKU, and a down VA as your 3 games after Bama is fortunate. Will give you time to figure out the QB position and your line play.

Mike Edwards may be the best player on UK's team. (debatable with Josh Allen)

Btw, if the Cards had this version of UK's OL blocking for Lamar, I really think you guys may have made the playoff. UK ran for 300 yards, allowed no sacks and no official QB pressures. (though I think that last stat is a bit bogus - Wilson's athleticism aided that greatly)

Regardless, long season ahead for both teams before we play. I do think you guys getting a horrible ISU, a down WKU, and a down VA as your 3 games after Bama is fortunate. Will give you time to figure out the QB position and your line play.

Well thanks a bunch for your uahkay(esq) type post. Kinda ignorant. Your first post here is beyond silly and maybe you should consider an early retirement as a poster on your biggest rival’s board. So your schedule is tougher than ours? You played a horrible Central Michigan (and needed the final quarter to beat them) team that got beat by Kansas, Yeah, that’s right Kansas and then you beat a terrible UF team on the road albeit. They won four games last year and one of those wins was against the mighty cayuts with a coaching staff that was 1/2 way out of the door.. And now you get to play mighty Murray State an FBS school. Jeeze you ought to think about your posting skills before you actually put them into place on OUR board. Idiot.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: rockycard
Yeah, Josh Allen is a stud. But your psychiotic linebacker will have a rough ride into the draft. Even then, he will have a rough ride just getting to the first practice. He put the nation on notice last season.

Westry's targeting move was also incredibly cheap. He cost himself with that, count on it.

Reactions: BPGhost
Yeah, Josh Allen is a stud. But your psychiotic linebacker will have a rough ride into the draft. Even then, he will have a rough ride just getting to the first practice. He put the nation on notice last season.

Westry's targeting move was also incredibly cheap. He cost himself with that, count on it.
I don’t know why, but it’s kind of cool having a psycho killer as a line backer lol. As long as he keeps it between the ditches I’m cool with it. I believe he led the sec in tackles a couple years ago. Allen seems to keep him straight during the game. I definitely am curious to see his wonderlick (sp?) score haha.

Westry has never been a dirty player but he’s always been a big hitter. He knocked someone out in his first home game as a freshman if memory serves. That targeting call against CM was very stupid. He knew he had made a bad decision. I’m not sure a targeting call on Labor Day weekend will cost him draft spots. Will have to see if he’s a serial offender. I do think he goes undrafted but not because he’s dirty. He’s just inconsistent thus far.

Here’s a fact for you. Josh Allen is the stud prospect of the group at this stage. Not snell.

Listen, y’all are getting way too bent out of shape about this. I said in another post that UK has NFL prospects at several positions. Another poster thought that notion was funny and basically asked to see proof. I provided the list which took me two seconds and a google search. Nowhere did I say it was a roster full of pro bowlers. There were some surprises on the list actually. I don’t think westry will be drafted and I think CJ Conrad will be one of the better TE’s coming out.

I don’t know I guess maybe the list was bigger than some of you thought or maybe it’s that we have more prospects than you. I honestly don’t know outside of jaylen smith who is probably a 2-5 rounder.
Reading comprehension is apparently such an issue for you - it extends to even your own posts. My specific comments were about the players listed “after snell”. Given that you listed Allen before snell, the comment didn’t apply to him.

I think you got caught up in that death spiral thingy - lol.

Kentucky fans, you do this every time your schedule starts out soft, calm down. You don’t even play a team that will have a winning record until your fourth game, chill on the NFL all star pumping. Lol

Kentucky fans, you do this every time your schedule starts out soft, calm down. You don’t even play a team that will have a winning record until your fourth game, chill on the NFL all star pumping. Lol
Nobody is “NFL all star pumping”. As a matter of fact I just reiterated that in a previous post. Context bud.

Well thanks a bunch for your uahkay(esq) type post. Kinda ignorant. Your first post here is beyond silly and maybe you should consider an early retirement as a poster on your biggest rival’s board. So your schedule is tougher than ours? You played a horrible Central Michigan (and needed the final quarter to beat them) team that got beat by Kansas, Yeah, that’s right Kansas and then you beat a terrible UF team on the road albeit. They won four games last year and one of those wins was against the mighty cayuts with a coaching staff that was 1/2 way out of the door.. And now you get to play mighty Murray State an FBS school. Jeeze you ought to think about your posting skills before you actually put them into place on OUR board. Idiot.

I remember way back in the day...back to 2016

We lost to a CUSA So. Miss team....and then later on that year we were losing and struggling against an FCS Austin Peay that went 0-11. A week after that Austin Peay game...we went on the road and beat the #11 team in the nation with the best player in the country behind center.

You can use the Central Michigan game if you'd like....and you can say Florida is this or that...but to be honest no one really knows at this point in the season what is going to happen. Teams play up and/or down to their competition. But hey...what do I know?

rrarararararar sUcKs!!!!! you ain't played nobody you gonnnnna lose LPT losers like always!!!! all ur players could not play at any school in the nation and u overrate them evverrrry year!!!! AHHHHHH

I would assume that's the only language that's understood here?

I remember way back in the day...back to 2016

We lost to a CUSA So. Miss team....and then later on that year we were losing and struggling against an FCS Austin Peay that went 0-11. A week after that Austin Peay game...we went on the road and beat the #11 team in the nation with the best player in the country behind center.

You can use the Central Michigan game if you'd like....and you can say Florida is this or that...but to be honest no one really knows at this point in the season what is going to happen. Teams play up and/or down to their competition. But hey...what do I know?

rrarararararar sUcKs!!!!! you ain't played nobody you gonnnnna lose LPT losers like always!!!! all ur players could not play at any school in the nation and u overrate them evverrrry year!!!! AHHHHHH

Yeah, and you still suck. You are ON OUR BOARD. Be respectful or be gone. The uahkay football program sucks and has sucked for years and years and years. Disprove that sucker.

Yeah, and you still suck. You are ON OUR BOARD. Be respectful or be gone. The uahkay football program sucks and has sucked for years and years and years. Disprove that sucker.

I don't think I ever said we were a great program. lol To be honest, me sticking through their tough losses and not jumping to a bandwagon is a strong character trait. I don't just show up when times are good.

I actually post here because I do keep up with UofL, WKU, and Murray State very closely. Do I favor Kentucky? Yes. But I don't think a sports team you cheer for makes you any less of a person. I'm a sports fan and keep up with the teams in the Commonwealth.

I think we know where we stand. But we do have a pretty good team (by our standards) this season. But I don't think I personally have ever thought of Kentucky Football as a powerhouse.

I don't think I ever said we were a great program. lol To be honest, me sticking through their tough losses and not jumping to a bandwagon is a strong character trait. I don't just show up when times are good.

I actually post here because I do keep up with UofL, WKU, and Murray State very closely. Do I favor Kentucky? Yes. But I don't think a sports team you cheer for makes you any less of a person. I'm a sports fan and keep up with the teams in the Commonwealth.

I think we know where we stand. But we do have a pretty good team (by our standards) this season. But I don't think I personally have ever thought of Kentucky Football as a powerhouse.
I honestly thought you all did last year at this exact same time...

I know I cant tell a UK fan "act like you've been here before" because you haven't. Youd think you guys just beat Dan Marino and the dolphins. I'd wait till the season pans out so you dont live up to your "laughing stock" M.O

I honestly thought you all did last year at this exact same time...

I know I cant tell a UK fan "act like you've been here before" because you haven't. Youd think you guys just beat Dan Marino and the dolphins. I'd wait till the season pans out so you dont live up to your "laughing stock" M.O
I wasn't sold on the team last year. We had lost Badet, Boom Williams, and Cole Mosier when they should've been on the team...I really wasn't sold on Stephen Johnson being able to take us to the next level without those weapons. Terry Wilson I believe has a lot of untapped potential...arm strength and high level speed/athleticism. Combine that with a stout offensive line, a top running back in the nation, and a senior led defense...I think this team can be really good...not great...but reallllly good. I also think this is a very favorable schedule outside of 3-4 games. The East is way down and outside of UGA, no one really scares me.

Stoops isn't the best, but he isn't the worst. If you guys thought Kragthorpe was bad, I'd take Krag over Joker Phillips every single day of the week. Stoops really got our roster back to being average. Our team was FCS level under Joker. He really upped the talent base with recruiting classes that have us with most of the power 5 schools. He also led the way to getting us top notch facilities, which we needed really bad.

Back to back 7-5 seasons and back to back years going 4-4 in the SEC, and the record has not taken a step back. He's beaten Tennessee, Florida, and Louisville. He had a winning record against Steve Spurrier. And yes, the East and those programs are down...but I do not care...I'll take it.

Do I think Stoops is gonna take us to a New Year's Six Bowl and a SEC Title game? No. But, I feel like we are way ahead of where we were in 2012. Similar to you guys and Jeff Brohm, I have my eyes on Neal Brown and hope he doesn't go to a big program ...but I can't complain right now. I just ask for us to go to Bowl Games consistently and compete with everyone on the schedule...and once we get to that point, then my expectations will raise.

As someone who has spent a lot of time on the UK free board, I can tell you that what you have to realize is that you're in enemy territory over here. Develop a very thick skin and respond to about one out of ten of every UK posts that you see here. Some people on here might even get annoyed enough with you to bait you into saying something that will get you banned, so it's important to keep that in mind. The one time I got banned for a few months over at the UK board was in 2013, when I said all preseason that UofL was a very good team and would beat UK by about two TD's, maybe more. UKErik was one of many who took exception to that opinion, so we made a $100 bet. I told him that I would spot him whatever the line was for the game. It turned out that the line was 13, and UofL won by 14. To his credit, UKErik paid his bet, but then I got banned from the site for doing nothing more than winning the bet and being right that Louisville was indeed two TD's better than UK in 2013.

It wasn't fair that I was banned but then again I wasn't shocked that I wasn't treated fairly, either....

All of that to say that you can express your pro-UK sentiment over here, but the large majority of the responses you will get will be negative. The reason for that is that those UofL fans who agree with you or have no opinion will often not respond at all, because: (1) agreement tends to lead to very little in the way of interesting discussion and (2) UK football isn't what we care about over here; UofL football is. The large majority of UofL football fans only care about UK football to the extent that we play you at the end of November or that we go head-to-head for some recruits in the very limited recruiting base that is Kentucky. And since you are in enemy territory, most of the threads about UK will either belittle their accomplishments when they are successful or express satisfaction when UK struggles.

ADVERTISEMENT