ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Seniors on Defense

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Have some pride. Hustle and make some plays even if you are a step slow. Set a positive example for the guys that are younger than you. I realize you’ve been dealt a crummy hand from a coaching perspective but to not have maximum effort reflects on you. If you want to play at the next level every play is on film and NFL teams are looking at every bit of tape. You could’ve stomped a backup QB. Instead you let him make plays and gave him confidence. Have an alpha dog mentality. Don’t let some ill-equipped backup make you look pedestrian.

It is very frustrating watching the defense. Too many blown assignments and missed tackles. Same can be said for the offense. They make losing plays instead of winning ones.

Good programs don’t beat themselves and this isn’t a good program. I was OK with rebuilding but Year 4 they shouldn’t still be having these issues.

It is time for a "Players only team meeting", with a little hugging, high fives and a lot Axx kicking. Man up or go home. No excuses.

Go cards, win the next six games!

It is time for a "Players only team meeting", with a little hugging, high fives and a lot Axx kicking. Man up or go home. No excuses.

Go cards, win the next six games!
Didn't you hear? They had that after the Syracuse debacle... Oh you said Axx kicking. I thought you meant Axx kissing. A lot of that already going on with this team. We were right there!

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Didn't you hear? They had that after the Syracuse debacle... Oh you said Axx kicking. I thought you meant Axx kissing. A lot of that already going on with this team. We were right there!
Last one to leave the field, please take Brown.

The difference between average-good-great defense is almost completely about tackling. It's also the difference between Saturday and Sunday guys.
We were sticking some guys in that first half,not so much in the second.

The difference between average-good-great defense is almost completely about tackling. It's also the difference between Saturday and Sunday guys.
We were sticking some guys in that first half,not so much in the second.

For some reason, and I can't figure out why, but I think the teams somehow thinks that they can just "throw their helmet on the field" and get a win in some of these games.

I noticed that the coaches and players seem to coast if they get a lead and/or in the second half.

noticed that the coaches and players seem to coast if they get a lead and/or in the second half.
Sixty minutes...simple as that. Hell,check out the NFL and what happened in the Ravens and Raiders games. They do it too and it usually ends up with an L.

Anytime you step on the field or court in any sport and you can't give maximum effort you are a loser. If it doesn't mean enough to give your best effort then just quit..

Reactions: SpotHogCard
My biggest complaint with the staff especially on defense is when players miss a tackle-assignment they keep playing the guy. We have 2 veteran guys missing tackles. When your defense is built for you SS and LB’s to make tackles the last thing you need is for those guys to miss tackles.

You can forgive 1 but not 2 on the exact same move. From day one defensive players are thought to set the edge. When a guy falls for the inside move losing contain 2 times he shouldn’t be playing. Both led to touchdowns because the back got the corner. That is not acceptable for a senior.

I think Brown understands the game but he is terrible on getting his guys to execute. It really boils down to accountability. I don’t think he holds some players accountable. Is that a depth thing. I don’t think so. We will see but the 1st tackle Saturday by a LB or SS they better sit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT