ADVERTISEMENT

David Johnson on this years team

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
I'm going to really lower my expectations on this years squad . I wasn't overly impressed with some of the comments he made about the team not that he said anything we didnt know at least some of us. he pointed out first we are lacking in our shooting from last year expected and that we are going to have to find ourselves early by defense oh boy. And that he would have to get in the lane to create offense for everybody and that they are much smaller also. I kinda see a very ugly team for awhile.

I'm going to really lower my expectations on this years squad . I wasn't overly impressed with some of the comments he made about the team not that he said anything we didnt know at least some of us. he pointed out first we are lacking in our shooting from last year expected and that we are going to have to find ourselves early by defense oh boy. And that he would have to get in the lane to create offense for everybody and that they are much smaller also. I kinda see a very ugly team for awhile.

He also said we have a lot of offensive weapons. Its not really shocking we lose shooting though. I think we become more a get to the rim team over the shooting team's we've had. Mack's Xavier teams weren't shooting dependent as we've been.

Didn't see where he said we were going to be a lot smaller. Is that really true though? We know the players measurements and we aren't smaller than we were last year.

He also said we have a lot of offensive weapons. Its not really shocking we lose shooting though. I think we become more a get to the rim team over the shooting team's we've had. Mack's Xavier teams weren't shooting dependent as we've been.

Didn't see where he said we were going to be a lot smaller. Is that really true though? We know the players measurements and we aren't smaller than we were last year.
He said it go listen Nwora ,Enoch,Sutton those three are pretty big guys . Personally not being a dependent shooting team might just be a positive because the last few years they lost games by wanting to just jack up shots . And had plenty of cold nights doing that

He said it go listen Nwora ,Enoch,Sutton those three are pretty big guys . Personally not being a dependent shooting team might just be a positive because the last few years they lost games by wanting to just jack up shots . And had plenty of cold nights doing that

Sutton was not a big guy he was undersized but played with an oversized heart. Everybody said Nwora and Enoch were "soft" so their size would be inconsequential.

Reactions: Shonda97
Sutton was not a big guy he was undersized but played with an oversized heart. Everybody said Nwora and Enoch were "soft" so their size would be inconsequential.
Sutton was physically imposing he was nowhere near a small guy maybe not a real tall but he physically a muscle guy .

Sutton was physically imposing he was nowhere near a small guy maybe not a real tall but he physically a muscle guy .

He was 6-5 ...He was giving a way a lot of length. Didn't really have handles to exploit bigger longer guys. Can't measure heart though for sure!

Everybody complained he was undersized.

To be clear I love the guy wish he could play here forever.

Reactions: SoulSr
He was 6-5 ...He was giving a way a lot of length. Didn't really have handles to exploit bigger longer guys. Can't measure heart though for sure!

Everybody complained he was undersized.

To be clear I love the guy wish he could play here forever.
He was undersized in height for the position which he had to mostly man which was the power forward spot.

If Withers does in fact start we would go 6'5, 6'1, 6'7, 6'9, 6'11 to start. Nickelberry, Minlend 6'4, Igeihon 6'10, Slaz 6'8, then the FR. I sure don't see how we are small! Not a lot of wide guys, but good size and length! I see this team being good in transition with several guys that can handle the ball and go.

If Withers does in fact start we would go 6'5, 6'1, 6'7, 6'9, 6'11 to start. Nickelberry, Minlend 6'4, Igeihon 6'10, Slaz 6'8, then the FR. I sure don't see how we are small! Not a lot of wide guys, but good size and length! I see this team being good in transition with several guys that can handle the ball and go.
I still question Igeihon's height at 6' 10". He looked more like 6' 8" next to Williams and Enoch last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT