ADVERTISEMENT

Data on Macks play book #3 in country

It was an interesting read. Like most coaches, Mack has things he can improve on but I like much of what I've seen so far. One example was the way the Cards dismantled the Cuse zone this past season.

When did it become a high crime to have criticisms about a coach? Some of you defend the guy like he’s your son. He’s a coach that makes $4.2m and he’s not perfect. Discussing things coaches and players can improve on is why sports message boards were created. Everyone has flaws and things they can improve on. Mack is no different.

Nobody ever said he was a perfect coach no one is. My defense that I bring is toward the naysayers whom this past season attempted to say he didnt k ow what he was doing constantly. However the analytical data and comments from what national professionals seem to say otherwise. That he is a dam good coach. Everybody doesnt ha e to like him but I find it funny that the detractors never bring anything to the table on paper supporting their negative views other than opinions.

How about we try discussing the topic at hand instead of turning every single thread into an argument, everyone?

If someone wants to criticize Macks play calling it is okay. If someone wants to defend his play calling it is also okay.

How about we try discussing the topic at hand instead of turning every single thread into an argument, everyone?

If someone wants to criticize Macks play calling it is okay. If someone wants to defend his play calling it is also okay.
Agreed. I love Mack but I’m not sure this means much considering the two teams above us.

Very few knew the game of basketball and how to play it AND executed it worse at the time he retired than our own legendary Denny Crum.

There's more to the basketball puzzle than a couple of pieces like a deep playbook...

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
It’s great to have a coach that has top shelf basketball acumen and the chops to execute the plan.

“It's kind of surprising that Mack's already half a hundred, but he's obviously in a prime spot to win a national championship. Forget what may or may not happen with any NCAA sanctionslooming over the program -- Mack's likely to settle in for years and years and build Louisville into a national title contender with some regularity. Any hurdles in the short-term aren't going to clip Mack's prospects in the big picture. The Cardinals should play at eye level with Kentucky for the most part of the next decade, which incrementally helps in recruiting, which helps the overall objective. Mack has a near-flawless coaching record in regard to the NCAA Tournament: he's only missed it once since he became coach at Xavier a little more than a decade ago. If you have Mack, you're going to the tournament. And if you're Louisville, the chances only increase.”

Reactions: cardinalrod
It’s great to have a coach that has top shelf basketball acumen and the chops to execute the plan.

Bingo what more can you ask for ! I like having a coach that knows how to coach.

In all seriousness my only concern with Mack is the downward trend we have seen at the end of the last two seasons. I'll note that the last season didn't get to end properly, but there was some considerable sleepwalking going on. And it's not a "concern" per se, but after Crum/Pitino I miss the intensity of the fullcourt press but a Final Four will remedy that I'm sure. I'm very happy with him as a person, recruiting (especially with everything going on) and overall W/L record, especially in year 1.

Reactions: cardinalrod
Very few knew the game of basketball and how to play it AND executed it worse at the time he retired than our own legendary Denny Crum.

There's more to the basketball puzzle than a couple of pieces like a deep playbook...
Crum was the best at making adjustments during the game and finding opponents' weaknesses. Miss those big guards and how he posted them up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT