ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo crying

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
Something about that 2016 game just makes me hate that program.

His team is in the playoffs if they win. He’s gotten in the playoffs 4 years in a row and about to be 5. He’s gotten to the playoffs twice with 1 loss and both times were to unranked teams.

It could be worse, UCF went undefeated in 2016 and beat 2 ranked teams and never even cracked higher than 12th in the Playoff polls. Even went undefeated a 2nd year and beat another team that was ranked, never got higher than 8th. So I’m sure 3rd and in with a win over Virginia is a much better spot than Oklahoma/Baylor, LSU/Georgia, Ohio State/Wisconsin, Utah/Baylor. Life is sure hard.

I mean he’s sitting their crying and running down the rest of the ACC. I mean does he not get upset when refs give his teams favorable calls or his maniac players try to injure the other team?

He will get in the playoffs and then win again this year, but gosh why is he complaining so much? Just another way to fire up host team?

He’s simply got to complain. If he doesn’t, considering his very legitimate gripe, his lack of complaining would become the story.

Clemson is the undefeated defending national champion, with the best QB in college football, to go with a dominant offensive line, and top NFL talent at WR and RB. They also have the second best defense in the country, having given up only 7 more yards on the season than Ohio State. They also are the only team in the top 3 with a coaching staff that’s a proven commodity when it comes to the playoffs. Day’s next playoff win will be his first, as will Orgeron’s.

Strength of schedule is a fine metric, but people can go overboard with it. Each game starts zero-zero. If LSU plays Clemson, LSU won’t get to start with 2 more points because they beat 11 win Georgia while Clemson “only” beat 9 win Virginia.

He’s simply got to complain. If he doesn’t, considering his very legitimate gripe, his lack of complaining would become the story.

Clemson is the undefeated defending national champion, with the best QB in college football, to go with a dominant offensive line, and top NFL talent at WR and RB. They also have the second best defense in the country, having given up only 7 more yards on the season than Ohio State. They also are the only team in the top 3 with a coaching staff that’s a proven commodity when it comes to the playoffs. Day’s next playoff win will be his first, as will Orgeron’s.

Strength of schedule is a fine metric, but people can go overboard with it. Each game starts zero-zero. If LSU plays Clemson, LSU won’t get to start with 2 more points because they beat 11 win Georgia while Clemson “only” beat 9 win Virginia.
But again? What’s his complaint? He’s gotten in the playoffs 4 years in a row going on 5. He lost to a 4-8 Cuse and they gave him the benefit of the doubt that year because his QB got hurt. He can’t say they’ve been unfair in the past.

But, the committee can’t say “well Clemson looked good last year and Ohio State’s Coach has never won before” Last year does not and should not have any bearing on this year.

Ohio State has beaten Cincinatti, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan. ALL by large margins. They haven’t had 1 game within double digits. I’d say that resume is the clear #1.

LSU has beaten Florida, Auburn, Alabama(with Tua). That’s a pretty good resume. Still think ohio state would beat them easily.

I know Georgia getting in if they have 1 loss gives them more room, but they’ve beaten Notre Dame, Florida, & Auburn. If they beat a #1 LSU, yeah I think those wins justify them as a #4 seed to offset 1 bad loss. And if 1 bad loss is the argument, then Dabo should go back to 2017.

Clemson was #5 in the first poll, moved up to #3 the next week. What’s his gripe? They haven’t punished his schedule 1 bit. There hasn’t been a 1 loss team ranked ahead of Clemson all year. The only 2 teams ahead are teams that have proven to be better all years.

Dabo’s teams get better the month of December, they always do. But his resume isn’t as good as LSU or Ohio state. All he has to do is beat an average Virginia team and he’s in, then he can go beat LSU and prove it on the field. Then he can go see if they matchup against Ohio State.

He will really have something to gripe about if UVA upsets them. What will happen with a 1 loss CU to the Top 4 ratings then?

And I really don't think UVA has the horses to pull the upset...but in CFB you never know for sure until game day T + 60 what the outcome will be.

He will really have something to gripe about if UVA upsets them. What will happen with a 1 loss CU to the Top 4 ratings then?

And I really don't think UVA has the horses to pull the upset...but in CFB you never know for sure until game day T + 60 what the outcome will be.

Could be a lot of gripes. The hypothetical of Clemson, LSU, Ohio State losses and Georgia win!? That could break the system.

1 loss Ohio State and LSU. They’re in regardless. Only losses are top 10. But neither will be conference champs. (Doesn’t matter but THEY say it does)

A 1 loss Georgia. The worst loss, but wins over LSU, Florida, Notre Dame, and Auburn. If they win, I think you can’t keep them out with those wins and as conference champs.

1 loss Oklahoma or a 1 loss Baylor. Not impressive schedules, but not too bad losses. Winner will be a conference champ. Texas ruined their SOS.

1 loss Utah from a conference that feels like they never get any respect. They may gripe the most. A conference champ. Only loss at USC.

1 loss Clemson who is defending Champs, but no big wins. And won’t be a conference champion either.

Man though, you’d have a lot of people mad.
-LSU & Ohio State clearly the best resumes, not champs
-Oklahoma/Baylor & Utah sitting with 1 loss as champs.
-Clemson with 1 loss, no big wins.

Georgia would get in, but the Big 12 and PAC 12 sure would be mad with the SEC having 2 teams.

My 4 in the doomsday scenario?
Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Utah
LSU & Clemson on the outside.

If you have 6 1-loss teams, the scenario changes where I feel like you give the conference champs the bid, then evaluate the best of the others. Ohio State I’d give the slight nod because the B1G wouldn’t have a rep.

That’s why I think Dabo can’t cry. If they lose, who says 1 loss Oklahoma & Utah shouldn’t get in with better wins and a conference title. And then does their season compare to a 1 loss Ohio State or LSU?

Dabo is lobbying for his team, because the talking heads all try to justify keeping Clemson out of the playoffs. He makes a valid point, he chose to play Auburn and Texas A&M, something SEC teams rarely do. He did what he was supposed to do, and that's to play teams outside of the ACC with his out of conference games. Plus he plays South Carolina annually, so he actually played three SEC teams this season. He has no choice but to go undefeated or they will be booted from the field. He understands that and is lobbying, it's what he's supposed to do.

Dabo is lobbying for his team, because the talking heads all try to justify keeping Clemson out of the playoffs. He makes a valid point, he chose to play Auburn and Texas A&M, something SEC teams rarely do. He did what he was supposed to do, and that's to play teams outside of the ACC with his out of conference games. Plus he plays South Carolina annually, so he actually played three SEC teams this season. He has no choice but to go undefeated or they will be booted from the field. He understands that and is lobbying, it's what he's supposed to do.
They didn’t play Auburn this year

But again? What’s his complaint? He’s gotten in the playoffs 4 years in a row going on 5. He lost to a 4-8 Cuse and they gave him the benefit of the doubt that year because his QB got hurt. He can’t say they’ve been unfair in the past.

But, the committee can’t say “well Clemson looked good last year and Ohio State’s Coach has never won before” Last year does not and should not have any bearing on this year.

Ohio State has beaten Cincinatti, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan. ALL by large margins. They haven’t had 1 game within double digits. I’d say that resume is the clear #1.

LSU has beaten Florida, Auburn, Alabama(with Tua). That’s a pretty good resume. Still think ohio state would beat them easily.

I know Georgia getting in if they have 1 loss gives them more room, but they’ve beaten Notre Dame, Florida, & Auburn. If they beat a #1 LSU, yeah I think those wins justify them as a #4 seed to offset 1 bad loss. And if 1 bad loss is the argument, then Dabo should go back to 2017.

Clemson was #5 in the first poll, moved up to #3 the next week. What’s his gripe? They haven’t punished his schedule 1 bit. There hasn’t been a 1 loss team ranked ahead of Clemson all year. The only 2 teams ahead are teams that have proven to be better all years.

Dabo’s teams get better the month of December, they always do. But his resume isn’t as good as LSU or Ohio state. All he has to do is beat an average Virginia team and he’s in, then he can go beat LSU and prove it on the field. Then he can go see if they matchup against Ohio State.

His complaint is that the committee process is flawed if it is only going to consider who you played this year and how you did in those 12 games. And it is flawed in Clemson’s case, precisely because they are the defending national champs, they’ve beaten the crap out of everybody they’ve played since that North Carolina game, and because they have a coach who has won two national championships coaching them.

His very legitimate gripe is that anyone who doesn’t have his team ranked ahead of crappy defense LSU is a moron. And as a matter of fact, he’s got a pretty good case for his team to be ranked ahead of Ohio State with their rookie head coach, based on PROVEN player and coaching talent.

The difference for the UCF program you mentioned previously is that UCF had not won a national championship prior to doing what they did. Clemson did, last year, with a roster full of the same players.

His complaint is that the committee process is flawed if it is only going to consider who you played this year and how you did in those 12 games. And it is flawed in Clemson’s case, precisely because they are the defending national champs, they’ve beaten the crap out of everybody they’ve played since that North Carolina game, and because they have a coach who has won two national championships coaching them.

His very legitimate gripe is that anyone who doesn’t have his team ranked ahead of crappy defense LSU is a moron. And as a matter of fact, he’s got a pretty good case for his team to be ranked ahead of Ohio State with their rookie head coach, based on PROVEN player and coaching talent.

The difference for the UCF program you mentioned previously is that UCF had not won a national championship prior to doing what they did. Clemson did, last year, with a roster full of the same players.
So your criteria is past performance? Because I don’t feel that way, I feel like you have to earn it in the season you play. Because if Clemson does lose to UVA, what is their argument over an Oklahoma or Utah? They won a game last year that lost 3 1st round draft picks, 3 other guys in the top 5 rounds, and 5 others that were undrafted free agents?

I understand “beat the teams you play in front of you”, but they are in the playoffs despite a weaker schedule. He just wants the 1 seed and not have to play an LSU or Ohio State the first game.

That kind of thinking is what keeps programs like ours or Utah’s out of the playoffs. Even Penn State and TCU in last years. They thought, yeah Lamar is good and all, but what has Louisville really done to warrant being in the top 4? A coach who has never won a title.

It’s why a team like Ohio State, Georgia, Notre Dame, and Alabama get the biased results. People look at the past and give the benefit of the doubt. Heck Bama wasn’t even truly a top 4 team all year, but that same mindset of past performance ignoring on field this year had them still in a position to make the playoffs.

If I’m Dabo, my main complaint is about not being ranked number 1 or number 2 and therefore getting a “home” game in Atlanta in the semifinals.

Anybody who loses their championship game has nothing to complain about if they get left out of the 4-team playoff.

Take the Armageddon scenario where EVERY underdog wins each of the P5 championship games. In that case, you have to expect Georgia to be the #1 seed and Baylor is probably also in there at one of the 4 spots. After those two, NOBODY would have the right to complain if they were left out. Conference champions Wisconsin, Oregon and Virginia all would have 2 or 3 losses. 1 loss LSU, Ohio State and Clemson are all sitting there with just one loss, but that loss was their last game. If they get left out, it’s very easy for the committee to say “you blew it. All you had to do was win.” Oklahoma and Utah would have 2 losses as well.

So if I’m Dabo, I’m not even considering the “what if we lose” scenario. He just wants the easiest path to the national championship game.

Reactions: FlavRunit
If I’m Dabo, my main complaint is about not being ranked number 1 or number 2 and therefore getting a “home” game in Atlanta in the semifinals.

Anybody who loses their championship game has nothing to complain about if they get left out of the 4-team playoff.

Take the Armageddon scenario where EVERY underdog wins each of the P5 championship games. In that case, you have to expect Georgia to be the #1 seed and Baylor is probably also in there at one of the 4 spots. After those two, NOBODY would have the right to complain if they were left out. Conference champions Wisconsin, Oregon and Virginia all would have 2 or 3 losses. 1 loss LSU, Ohio State and Clemson are all sitting there with just one loss, but that loss was their last game. If they get left out, it’s very easy for the committee to say “you blew it. All you had to do was win.” Oklahoma and Utah would have 2 losses as well.

So if I’m Dabo, I’m not even considering the “what if we lose” scenario. He just wants the easiest path to the national championship game.
I will say that the #1 seed should be able to pick the team and the bowl location they will play in. Give that a little more incentive.

And by the way, my criteria is primarily how have they performed in the 12 games they’ve played this year. Past performance and playoff success like Dabo has had only comes into play for me as an additional factor to consider in order to distinguish against teams with the same record. I also consider conference championships and strength of schedule, with conference championships being my number one tiebreaker.

Bottom line for me is to propose a thought experiment where I have to place a bet that I must win. In that bet, I’ve got to pick Clemson or LSU. Who do I take? The same with Clemson and Ohio State. At this point, I’m placing my bet on Clemson over either of those two teams because of the proven coaching and player talent.

Reactions: FlavRunit
At the time of his bitch fest, they had just beaten South Carolina. He said that "if we lose the would put us out. They don't want us in. " Well dare I say that if you lost to USC lite you shouldn't be in y he CFP anyway.

At the time of his bitch fest, they had just beaten South Carolina. He said that "if we lose the would put us out. They don't want us in. " Well dare I say that if you lost to USC lite you shouldn't be in y he CFP anyway.
But that goes back to Georgia.

Yes they lost to SC. But do we discount their wins over Notre Dame(tough OOC game), beat a top 10 Florida on a neutral site, beat a top 11 Auburn on the road, and if they win Saturday a #2 LSU.

Say Clemson loses to UVa or if they lost to SC, it’s fine, but it’s not just Georgia they’re competing with, it’s now Utah and probably Oklahoma and they’d have a right to be mad too if 1 loss Clemson got in over them.

And I know if 1 loss Utah is out, they’ll be the ones who can truly cry ESPN bias as most their games were on FOX.

I’d rather see a playoff of LSU, Ohio State, Utah, and Oklahoma

Would just feel different. Bama and Clemson both have won too much and I hate seeing them both every year.

Pundits want Ohio St vs Clemson (because of Clemson’s schedule) and LSU vs Oklahoma (OU is the next best team besides Bama that would draw television market). Ohio st vs LSU for NC, provided LSU takes care of Georgia.

With that line of thinking then UGA should be out also as they too lost to USCjr. Beating LSU would offset that right?

With that line of thinking then UGA should be out also as they too lost to USCjr. Beating LSU would offset that right?

Beating LSU would offset that loss only insofar as it makes Georgia the SEC champion. At least that’s how I look at it. The CFP looks at it a little differently, but only because no one has actually won a conference championship yet.

Beating LSU would offset that loss only insofar as it makes Georgia the SEC champion. At least that’s how I look at it. The CFP looks at it a little differently, but only because no one has actually won a conference championship yet.
I think the LSU win offsets to SC loss. Then you add wins agains Notre Dame, Florida, and Auburn to that offset and it’s hard to deny them entry.

Honestly if we are being fair, if Georgia beats LSU, Georgia has more of a right to be in than LSU because of head to head. LSU’s win against Texas looks softer now. LSU then has Bama, Florida, Auburn and Georgia will possibly have LSU, Auburn, Florida, Notre Dame as wins . Head to head a win for Georgia gives them a better case than Georgia’s bad loss.

Go Clemson!!! I would love to see them win it again these talking heads are wrong more than they are right.

Resumes, eye tests, body of work, style points, it’s all ridiculous. As long as there is an opinion-based system for deciding playoff participants, no playoff is legit. This rinky-dink 4 team “playoff” is nothing but the BCS plus one. Whoever wins is still just a mythical national champion AFAIC.

ADVERTISEMENT