ADVERTISEMENT

D--n, a recruiting loss.

PRPclass76

500+
Dec 20, 2007
Big Antar Thompson has decommitted and that sucks. We can afford decommits at any position but D Line. It is our achilles heel and we have recruited very poorly at that position and it's killing us this year. Makes Gerald, Cameron and/or Alfred Thomas must gets IMHO Somebody on this staff, please get some D Linemen

A couple last-minute decommits always happen. And guys not on the radar now end up signing over the next several months. Don't sweat it...

Reactions: gocds
UK lost their 4 star commit..again. second time he decided to look elsewhere. Just me, but a kid that gets goo goo eyes twice for other schools doesn't strike as the 'leader of the team' type.

I've seen too many two and three star kids blow up into something special and too many four and five star kids not pan out to get too excited any more.

A couple last-minute decommits always happen. And guys not on the radar now end up signing over the next several months. Don't sweat it...
It does happen but its critical that we land some DTs that are capable of playing right away. What also concerns me is Chris Person hinted that Boykin may be a question mark in terms of eligibility. If we lose him too I suspect we are going to have the same, possibly worse, issues with our D-Line that we suffered with this year.

This should be Sirmon’s number 1 recruiting job. Get defensive tackles. We could use at least 3 of them.

Reactions: rentalman
Next years team defense makes me a little sick to my stomach to think about. This years defense is a disaster and we're losing nearly every big name player on it. Alexander, Hearns, Young, Washington, Thomas.

Next years team defense makes me a little sick to my stomach to think about. This years defense is a disaster and we're losing nearly every big name player on it. Alexander, Hearns, Young, Washington, Thomas.
I'm with you Strong. Thompson was one for the few reasons for optimism on the DL. Unfortunately, I guess it's time to scan the JUCO waiver wire.

Based on this year's experience, next year's priority on defense is better coaching and how we get there. That will be the greatest determinant of our success. Poorly coached 5-star linemen won't get the job done...

The most difficult position to recruit at any school is Dline. There just aren't many guys the are that big and athletic. This is a position Louisville is going to have to figure out how they are going to address. A mixture of JUCO and high school players they can redshirt every year. Can't completely whiff like they have in the last 2 classes.

They could lose all the big guys (Thompson, Goldware, Boykin) currently committed which would be tough to replace at this point. If they whiff like they did last year Saban would have a hard time stopping anyone. Part of the reason, I think, Petrino brought in Sirmon was for recruiting whiffing on Dline would not be good.

The most difficult position to recruit at any school is Dline. There just aren't many guys the are that big and athletic. This is a position Louisville is going to have to figure out how they are going to address. A mixture of JUCO and high school players they can redshirt every year. Can't completely whiff like they have in the last 2 classes.

They could lose all the big guys (Thompson, Goldware, Boykin) currently committed which would be tough to replace at this point. If they whiff like they did last year Saban would have a hard time stopping anyone. Part of the reason, I think, Petrino brought in Sirmon was for recruiting whiffing on Dline would not be good.
Why do you think we could lose all three?

I think Boykin is solid but grades could be an issue. Miami has been mentioned with Goldware(sp?). It is the nature of the beast with Louisville if they get someone highly ranked in a position the big boys come calling. They will always lose their fair share of these guys which means they have to identify kids under the radar that they believe they can develop.

I think Boykin is solid but grades could be an issue. Miami has been mentioned with Goldware(sp?). It is the nature of the beast with Louisville if they get someone highly ranked in a position the big boys come calling. They will always
I think Boykin is solid but grades could be an issue. Miami has been mentioned with Goldware(sp?). It is the nature of the beast with Louisville if they get someone highly ranked in a position the big boys come calling. They will always lose their fair share of these guys which means they have to identify kids under the radar that they believe they can develop.

lose their fair share of these guys which means they have to identify kids under the radar that they believe they can develop.
As one famous Coach once said, "you can't win the d
Derby on a mule." Sirmon has had the weakest defensive line to work with in 20-30 years, he'd be a lot better Coach if he had a Ted Washington in the middle. Our D Line recruiting has sucked badly yhe last 4-5 years, we need big hosses badly as this year glaringly points out. So, yes, I will sweat it, I've been at this so I don't need a pomous know itall telling me not to sweat it. Thompson is a huge loss and this seems to happen more at D Line in recruiting every year than any other position. Givewn our recent track record I am abolutely sweating it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT