ADVERTISEMENT

Creepy abandoned stadiums

GoldCard

Three-Star Poster
Jun 13, 2001
It doesn't take long for a familiar venue to make an appearance on this list.

That's what happens when an NBA team comes to town. The owners want new arena's built and they are in charge of the construction. The arena cost 250 million and it turns out it ends up costing 350 million. 100 million goes in the pocket of the owner.

The pyramid should still have been used. I don't know why the university didn't continue to use it for men's and women's basketball while the Grizzlie's used the Forum.

As for Freedom Hall, aren't there still tractor pulls and other events in that place? It's still a phenomenal venue. I'd hate to see it rot like Old Cardinal Stadium.

The pyramid is now a huge Bass Pro Shop with a restaurant and a hotel at the top. It is very well done and still is a big draw for the city.

Reactions: CardinalJohn
That last stadium, abandoned in the aftermath of the Chernobyl nuclear explosion, was definitely creepy. And also creepy to think that the area won’t be habitable for another 200-300 years!

That last stadium, abandoned in the aftermath of the Chernobyl nuclear explosion, was definitely creepy. And also creepy to think that the area won’t be habitable for another 200-300 years!

It’s actually a little longer than that Pushup. Not sure where they got their data from, but I wouldn’t invest in any real estate in those parts for another millenia or two.

Reactions: PushupMan
I’d like to see Old Cardinal Stadium replaced with an Amphitheater. Maybe some better concerts would come to the State Fair with a better venue.

I’d like to see Freedom Hall become the permanent home to the Boys & Girls Sweet 16 Tournaments. Fix it up, take it back to its glory days. Also, host the something like the Crossroads Classic in Indpls. Call it the Commonwealth Classic. Louisville vs. WKU, Kentucky vs. Murray.

I’d like to see Old Cardinal Stadium replaced with an Amphitheater. Maybe some better concerts would come to the State Fair with a better venue.

I’d like to see Freedom Hall become the permanent home to the Boys & Girls Sweet 16 Tournaments. Fix it up, take it back to its glory days. Also, host the something like the Crossroads Classic in Indpls. Call it the Commonwealth Classic. Louisville vs. WKU, Kentucky vs. Murray.

Unfortunately you will probably never see that happen. People out in the state do not like the city of Louisville and the KHSAA has made it clear that they want all the major high school championships to be held outside of This area. It’s a shame too, as you would think the states biggest city would host something??

Reactions: CommodoreCard

Unfortunately you will probably never see that happen. People out in the state do not like the city of Louisville and the KHSAA has made it clear that they want all the major high school championships to be held outside of This area. It’s a shame too, as you would think the states biggest city would host something??

It’s not that they necessarily dislike Louisville their afraid of the “Big City”. I was taking a friend to the UofL one day and we were passing Zorn Ave and he says I’ve never been to a big city. That was in 1987. I said don’t get to excited because you’re not going to a big city today either. Lol that’s how many outside of Louisville view the city. It really shows the backwardness of our state wide population.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT