ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations, Coach Satterfield!

All the naysayers were putting down Coach Mack and now the same guys and gals are putting down Coach Scott Satterfield. Well, I think we are blessed to have these new skilled honorable family men as our new coaches. It is good there is no filth attached to them like Pitino and Petrino had! Well, the sky is not falling folks. I see a new ERA of greatness rising for University of Louisville Football and Basketball.
Agreed, it will be nice to have a program that we can actually be proud of for more than just winning games. I just hope the "delusionals" give the man a chance.

Agreed, it will be nice to have a program that we can actually be proud of for more than just winning games.

LOL, sorry, had to.

krag.jpg

Reactions: CommodoreCard
One fan wrote Tyra only offered the new coach 1.2 million for 6 years with a 8 million dollar buyout.

That is hard to believe.
If Tyra could negotiate a bigger buyout than the aggregate contract - that would indeed be impressive - lol. Not even that would be enough to have zipp remove the quotation marks from his name though. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cue Card
So he played Georgia as close as Kentucky did, while he was at a sunbelt school? I am ok with that.
Except that what you don’t realize is most of these opponents pulled their starters at halftime and played their 2nd and 3rd stringers. There’s no benefit running up the score on a lesser opponent (unless it was Petrino 1.0).

Except that what you don’t realize is most of these opponents pulled their starters at halftime and played their 2nd and 3rd stringers. There’s no benefit running up the score on a lesser opponent (unless it was Petrino 1.0).

Except what you don’t realize is that Satterfield has been coaching a Sun Belt school in the Sun Belt Conference. He has dominated his peers for 3 years straight. We have never hired a coach with that kind of resume coming in (except for Howard, who had won a national title at Miami).

We can do this all day along........Brian Kelly 3 years @ Central Michigan.

IU 10-41
Mich St 7-24
IU 13-20
Penn St 3-40
BC 24-31
Michigan 17-41

I think he is doing pretty well.........
And everybody with sense watching Kelly at UCM knew that he could win big in Major college football.

I think Satterfield is like Kelly. I think he can win big.
Not a bad fall back guy after missing out on CJB. Winning big, I don't think so. It's going to take a while to rebuild what has been destroyed there.

Please don’t pick and choose. Let’s be honest.
2013 - Georgia. Lost 45-6
2014 - Michigan. Lost 52-14
2015 - Clemson . Lost 41-10
2016 - Tennessee Lost 20-13
- Miami Lost 45-10
2017 - Georgia Lost 31-10
2018 - Penn St Lost 45-38

The rest of his record is filled with wins against Georgia St, Texas st, coastal Carolina, south Alabama and those other juggernauts. For him to succeed he’s going to have to overachieve. I hope he can!
I definitely did pick and choose. The ones I chose were great accomplishments for a fledgling FBS school. The ones you pointed out were early in his job at App St and the last one was to a CFP finalist last year.

We’re all hoping. This guy gets my hope rolling in a hurry.

Reactions: GoldCard
If Tyra could negotiate a bigger buyout than the aggregate contract - that would indeed be impressive - lol. Not even that would be enough to have zipp remove the quotation marks from his name though. :rolleyes:
Especially since "Vince" was supposed to be negotiating the OPPOSITE--SMALLER buyouts.

Which of course he didn't get with Satterfield... Because the rest of world doesn't bow to "Vince", at least separate from this message board...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT