ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations, Coach Satterfield!

Appy St didn’t cover. He’s already in my dog house.

Wink, wink.

There's other options in Holgorson and Chip Long too. Would hope Tyra's at least reached out to those guys.

Like the look of Satterfield but Norvell is looking impressive as well against UCF. Put up 24 in the first quarter. Can we taken them both?

Listening to some of the local yokels on the call-in shows, you’d think that Coach Satterfield has been coaching at an NAIA school.

The guy took App St seamlessly into the FBS a few years ago and has been kicking ass since.

*2 years ago his team traveled to #9 Tennessee and almost pulled the upset, losing 20-13.

*Last year his Mountaineers lost at the wire to Wake Forest 20-19. (The same Wake team that kicked our ass w/Lamar Jackson just a couple of weeks later).

This year Satterfield’s App St team lost in OT 45-38 to #10 Penn St in Happy Valley. (The same Penn St team that is getting ready to stomp UK in the Citrus Bowl).

He’ll have his work cut out for him next year here with the mess Petrino left but I think we are lucky to have him. The guy can flat out coach. That’s a good place to start.

Very interesting stat I heard from Jodi. Last time we has a thousand yard running back (not QB) was Bilal Powell (I haven’t confirmed that). Appy has had seven in a row including this year when their main guy got hurt early and his backup went for more than a grand. Supposedly they use something called a “zone” blocking scheme which is very effective. Being an avid Cardinal fan, I’m not familiar with effective blocking schemes but this sounds pretty good. Also, listening to Jodi interview the Appy play-by-play guy, seems Scott (yep, we’re on a first name basis now) recruits guys who are “name on the front of the jersey first” guys. Like it!! No, Love it!!!

Very interesting stat I heard from Jodi. Last time we has a thousand yard running back (not QB) was Bilal Powell (I haven’t confirmed that). Appy has had seven in a row including this year when their main guy got hurt early and his backup went for more than a grand. Supposedly they use something called a “zone” blocking scheme which is very effective. Being an avid Cardinal fan, I’m not familiar with effective blocking schemes but this sounds pretty good. Also, listening to Jodi interview the Appy play-by-play guy, seems Scott (yep, we’re on a first name basis now) recruits guys who are “name on the front of the jersey first” guys. Like it!! No, Love it!!!
Think Kyle Shanahan type offense. Fun to watch and Running backs do love playing in it.

Listening to some of the local yokels on the call-in shows, you’d think that Coach Satterfield has been coaching at an NAIA school.

The guy took App St seamlessly into the FBS a few years ago and has been kicking ass since.

*2 years ago his team traveled to #9 Tennessee and almost pulled the upset, losing 20-13.

*Last year his Mountaineers lost at the wire to Wake Forest 20-19. (The same Wake team that kicked our ass w/Lamar Jackson just a couple of weeks later).

This year Satterfield’s App St team lost in OT 45-38 to #10 Penn St in Happy Valley. (The same Penn St team that is getting ready to stomp UK in the Citrus Bowl).

He’ll have his work cut out for him next year here with the mess Petrino left but I think we are lucky to have him. The guy can flat out coach. That’s a good place to start.

Our local hacks will look for anything negative on anything UofL. They’d complain if Jesus Christ himself took over the job. “Well, Mr. Christ, the loaves and fishes were nice but most of the crowd wanted burgers and salad!” — Lochlame & Swiney

Our local hacks will look for anything negative on anything UofL. They’d complain if Jesus Christ himself took over the job. “Well, Mr. Christ, the loaves and fishes were nice but most of the crowd wanted burgers and salad!” — Lochlame & Swiney
The 2 worst. I’m sure I don’t have a voice for radio but just listening to those whining bags makes you want to stick an ice pick in your eardrums.

Please don’t pick and choose. Let’s be honest.
2013 - Georgia. Lost 45-6
2014 - Michigan. Lost 52-14
2015 - Clemson . Lost 41-10
2016 - Tennessee Lost 20-13
- Miami Lost 45-10
2017 - Georgia Lost 31-10
2018 - Penn St Lost 45-38

The rest of his record is filled with wins against Georgia St, Texas st, coastal Carolina, south Alabama and those other juggernauts. For him to succeed he’s going to have to overachieve. I hope he can!

- Miami Lost 45-10

The rest of his record is filled with wins against Georgia St, Texas st, coastal Carolina, south Alabama and those other juggernauts. For him to succeed he’s going to have to overachieve. I hope he can!
a0b5d85cceaca8f669b594f08c15a47a.jpg

We can do this all day along........Brian Kelly 3 years @ Central Michigan.

IU 10-41
Mich St 7-24
IU 13-20
Penn St 3-40
BC 24-31
Michigan 17-41

I think he is doing pretty well.........

All the naysayers were putting down Coach Mack and now the same guys and gals are putting down Coach Scott Satterfield. Well, I think we are blessed to have these new skilled honorable family men as our new coaches. It is good there is no filth attached to them like Pitino and Petrino had! Well, the sky is not falling folks. I see a new ERA of greatness rising for University of Louisville Football and Basketball.

- Miami Lost 45-10

Even the worst of the games cited here, mostly early in the App State FBS run , are generally better than anything we did this year. Things are gonna get better here.

Welcome aboard coach!

We can do this all day along........Brian Kelly 3 years @ Central Michigan.

IU 10-41
Mich St 7-24
IU 13-20
Penn St 3-40
BC 24-31
Michigan 17-41

I think he is doing pretty well.........
And everybody with sense watching Kelly at UCM knew that he could win big in Major college football.

I think Satterfield is like Kelly. I think he can win big.

Reactions: wilkie01
- Miami Lost 45-10

Let’s do 7 of those in a row, all in one season...oh, wait, we did.

We were lucky to beat Indiana State and Western this year. Petrino was “elite”.

Man, they love that guy....who can blame 'em. Was a little shocked they believed a troll reporting a 1.2/year deal for 5 years. It will be at least double that, thinking 3-3.25/year.

- Miami Lost 45-10

So he played Georgia as close as Kentucky did, while he was at a sunbelt school? I am ok with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT