ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the Cardinal Baseball team

They were playing with house money at this point IMO, based on how good I thought this team really was.

And I never thought they could get within one run of advancing while playing against the umpires as well...

Reactions: gocds
They were playing with house money at this point IMO, based on how good I thought this team really was.

And I never thought they could get within one run of advancing while playing against the umpires as well...

No use for sour grapes Zipp....Tip the hat to TCU for making less mistakes and taking advantage of bringing their runners in......when UofL didn't.

Last I looked, the Umpires aren't the ones swinging those bats, or not swinging those bats. UofL failed on more than one occasion to score with runners on base. And TCU didn't. In a game of mistakes and missed opportunities....TCU just beat the Cards. It happens. Either you make your own breaks or you lose and go home...that is the way it is.

I would like to know what CDM said to the Umpire that got him tossed out of the game. First time in 10 years a coach was thrown out of a CWS game really makes a statement too. Boo on the Blue. It really is such a nasty color don't ya think?

Another great run for the Cards.

I love the way they construct their roster with great pitching and defense.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Oregon State is probably going to finish up with the greatest season in college baseball history. Oregon freaking State!

No use for sour grapes Zipp....Tip the hat to TCU for making less mistakes and taking advantage of bringing their runners in......when UofL didn't.

Last I looked, the Umpires aren't the ones swinging those bats, or not swinging those bats. UofL failed on more than one occasion to score with runners on base. And TCU didn't. In a game of mistakes and missed opportunities....TCU just beat the Cards. It happens. Either you make your own breaks or you lose and go home...that is the way it is.

I would like to know what CDM said to the Umpire that got him tossed out of the game. First time in 10 years a coach was thrown out of a CWS game really makes a statement too. Boo on the Blue. It really is such a nasty color don't ya think?
OTOH one of the worst calls that I have seen lately and deserving of some lip from CDM. However, that call did not cost the Cards the game. TCU executed.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
Kudos on the thread Steelers. I'm not going to blame the Umpires although I do understand CDM's angst. TCU deserves credit as they executed when it counted.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
A lot of good baseball players coming out of this state. Having a program in the CWS will only keep the younger kids interested in the game.

...And we will be solid again next season.

Oriente(slated to be a 2017 starter before an injury) returns in the outfield,along with Stowers.
Add Mann,Fitzgerald,Wyatt at 1st,either Snider or Lavey at 3rd and there is already a strong core of position players available.
We'll need to develop more depth at the pitching position for obvious reasons if you've watched any of the CWS.

...And we will be solid again next season.

Oriente(slated to be a 2017 starter before an injury) returns in the outfield,along with Stowers.
Add Mann,Fitzgerald,Wyatt at 1st,either Snider or Lavey at 3rd and there is already a strong core of position players available.
We'll need to develop more depth at the pitching position for obvious reasons if you've watched any of the CWS.
Unfortunately you are correct about developing more pitching depth. I also think we needed more bench depth as well. We basically had one bat that we could use off the bench and that was Snider.

McKay will be a tough one to replace but you all have a good manager. I'd bet on you all being good again next season.

We've had 17 guys drafted over the past 2 years alone. I believe Coach Mac is averaging about 8 guys drafted per year. That's some serious losses on the everyday roster front. Now, no one goes under the radar at UofL. Those days are past. I also expect to see more and more former Cards showing up in the bigs. There was a recent write-up on Nick Solak, claiming he might just work his way forward, being just outside the 4 and 5 tool "up and comers" everyone typically raves about and making his progress by "playing the game right." I would not be the least bit surprised to see Brendan get some swings later in the year at the highest level. Or even do some relieving, just to give him a taste.

I also think we will take a slight step back. It seems next year's crop of ballers is Top 5, but we need to mine the guys we currently have for this season. I doubt we are Top 10, frankly, for the first time in a while, but I also believe we will be degrees more interesting to watch.

Yes it was fun we are going to win this damn thing sooner than later Dan is a great coach we will get there just have to keep knocking on that door believe my words it WILL OPEN, thanks guys L1C4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT