ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Michael Bush!

bigloucards

800+
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2007
Congrats on the ‘22 kentucky HOF induction!

Michael Bush is a UofL living legend and from all accounts a great individual.

Bush may have been the best overall recruit to ever put the pads on for the Cardinals, and quite possibly the greatest athlete as well.

Absolutely a beast @ RB but could play everywhere on the field. The year that he rushed for 23tds was and is one of the all time great seasons.

When he broke his leg vs UK after rushing for 128yrds and 3tds was absolutely heartbreaking and made for a historical what ifs for the remainder of the season and his NFL career.

The Male v Trinity (BushvBrohm) state championship is the greatest HS championship game in Kentucky history IMO. The individual legendary games that Bush and Brohm had were performances of folk lore.

Definitely one of greats in Louisville history who left us with some great memories. The Trinity vs Male- Brohm vs Bush matchups were definitely something that will be remembered for a long time. I was doing a job in Texas the weekend after that game and overheard some people talking about it on our job site. I also remember Michael Bush being asked about it by an ESPN reporter during a Louisville football game. Bush said he would go out and orchestrate a 10 play drive and score a touchdown and Brohm would go out and throw 2 passes for a touchdown.

Reactions: bigloucards
Bush came to Louisville because Ohio State wanted him as a RB. He came here to play QB. Then the next year Louisville successfully recruited Brian Brohm. Bush could have pouted or transferred but instead he became a beast at RB. After the 05 season he likely would have been a first round draft pick but he opted to come back for his senior year with the potential of playing for a national championship. He and Brohm were both touted as Heisman candidates before the 06 season. Then came the game against UK to start the 06 season. Bush dominated the first half. The third play from scrimmage he ran right up the middle for a touchdown creating my favorite picture ever of a Louisville football player. Bush running for the end zone with the entire UK team in futile pursuit. It all came to an end on Louisville’s first series of the second half when a horse collar tackle (legal at the time) broke his leg. He was never the same. His selfless decisions to stay at Louisville as a RB and forgo the 06 draft cost him a fortune and what I believe would have been a great pro career. Had he not been injured in 06 I really believe Louisville would have a football national championship. He is my favorite football Cardinal ever.

It is a crime his number 19 is not in the Ring of Honor at Cardinal Stadium.

Last edited:
Dirty leg trip by Wesley Woodyard that broke Michael’s leg (because it’s the only way any UK players could bring him down) cost us a spot in the National Championship game against Ohio St. , assuming he stayed healthy.

We couldn’t run at all in the 2nd half at Rutgers without him.

Congrats to Michael, one of the greatest athletes this state has ever produced.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT