ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to FSU

They kicked our butts in the 2nd half. A trend against good teams that we have become all too familiar with.

I think the second half defensive disappearance phenomenon can be directly related to quality of depth. We can play with most teams 1st string vs 1st string. But when we have to sub later in the games, we don't have near the quality of depth these tops teams have. Our defense was gassed pretty early in the second half of this game.

Reactions: JWtruthsquad
I think the second half defensive disappearance phenomenon can be directly related to quality of depth. We can play with most teams 1st string vs 1st string. But when we have to sub later in the games, we don't have near the quality of depth these tops teams have. Our defense was gassed pretty early in the second half of this game.
First off, so glad Louisville is in the ACC. Enjoyed meeting some of your fans today. I was going to post the same thing Steelers2013. And nowhere does depth show up more than on the DLine. Louisville's DLine whipped our OLine for 2 quarters but was unable to sustain it for 4 quarters. Our OLine played much better in the 2nd half. Just keep raking in more recruiting classes like the one in 2014 and the one you have in 2015 and the gap between Louisiville and FSU/Clemson will close. You are already ahead of the rest of the ACC in my opinion and it won't surprise me to see you run the table and beat UK.

Last edited:
Agree with everyone that stated the obvious. FSU is the measuring stick and we just don't measure up to them this year. The better team won and deserved to win.

The only thing I'm upset about is I felt the UofL kids much gave up after going down by more than 1 score. Maybe it was more about depth than desire but it sure felt like they just quit with around 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Congrats to the Noles. They earned it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulSr
I know this sounds like the usual post game piffle, but you guys have players. If you just fill the right spots I think the ship will be righted quickly.

I know this sounds like the usual post game piffle, but you guys have players. If you just fill the right spots I think the ship will be righted quickly.

Thanks. We do have some players, but not enough, and the best ones are really young. The future looks bright, but the present...not so much. Congrats on the win.

Thanks. We do have some players, but not enough, and the best ones are really young. The future looks bright, but the present...not so much. Congrats on the win.
The good thing is your schedule for the first 6 games was brutal. Probably the toughest schedule in the country. All of your last 6 games are very winnable. That NC State win the road is nothing to sneeze at because Carter Finley is a tough place to play.

Reactions: Steelers2012
The good thing is your schedule for the first 6 games was brutal. Probably the toughest schedule in the country. All of your last 6 games are very winnable. That NC State win the road is nothing to sneeze at because Carter Finley is a tough place to play.

UofL's losses come to teams that are a combined 21-2.
4 of the 5 ACC losses have come against FSU, and Clemson.

Today was UofL's last loss. Going on a 6 game winning streak.

Reactions: Cue Card
On a lighter note, FSU coeds (in skirts) climbing the goal posts at Doak Campbell Stadium, after the UofL game. (Complete with obviously male media member commentary). Funny stuff. :p

Reactions: KerryRhodes
First off, so glad Louisville is in the ACC. Enjoyed meeting some of your fans today. I was going to post the same thing Steelers2013. And nowhere does depth show up more than on the DLine. Louisville's DLine whipped our OLine for 2 quarters but was unable to sustain it for 4 quarters. Our OLine played much better in the 2nd half. Just keep raking in more recruiting classes like the one in 2014 and the one you have in 2015 and the gap between Louisiville and FSU/Clemson will close. You are already ahead of the rest of the ACC in my opinion and it won't surprise me to see you run the table and beat UK.
Glad to meet you SchmidtyNole. We came into this game humbled and left humbled. Ya'lls marching band put on a great Star Wars halftime show, How creative. We are glad to be in the ACC which I hope will also make us better in the future. I think this calibur of competition will make our coaches get better too for they are not at the level FSU's coaches are having coached in National Championship games, but they will learn. Thanks again to the two FSU ladies in row 78. They were very kind and knowledgeable about football.

Big congrats to FSU, you're a very talented team that's very well could go a long way this season. I hope FSU or Clemson represent our conference in the playoff!!

I'm very disappointed with missed tackling and our defense as a whole in the 2nd half.

FSU is a GREAT team and measuring stick. We'll get'r done just got to be patient with our youthful team. Dang that was fun go "Noles!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT