ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Preseason AP Poll...

All we have to do is WIN and the rankings will take care of themselves! We start 3-0 and win impressively, we'll be in the Top-10 after three weeks.

Reactions: wilkie01
They choked away a game in commonwealth last year.
LOL, you could have carved a statue out of the desperation on the UK sideline that game.

When their more needy posters lament how easily they "could have beaten UofL", they conveniently forget what was required to get over this FCS school. Nothing short of a miracle, ha ha.

Reactions: Mayoman
The thread about the 3-9 prediction over on the UK board is comedy gold. If I were into saving UK threads to read at the end of the year for fun, of all the threads on that board, I think the 3-9 thread would be my choice.

If coach Stoops can manage 3 wins against the gauntlet he is facing this year he definitely deserves another contract extension.
I could not agree more. Especially inasmuch as I see Clive Barker and Krash Spaniel leading them to 2 wins, myself. Mark Elam is their only great, Hall Of Fame level player.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida State
15. Houston
19. Louisville
22. North Carolina

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

I hate preseason polls. Granted, I hope Alabama is truly the best team in the country. I hope they go 15-0. But let's be real here. As of this week, Alabama still has not named a starting QB. Whoever does start will come in with precious little experience (if any). All three RB's expected to have significant carries this year have little or no college experience. Granted, the defense should be good and the OL should be solid. The receiving corps is good as is the kicking game. But, seriously: can you really say a team with almost zero experience in the backfield coming in is still "the best" team in the country? Maybe in the end, the voters will be proven correct. But I would have voted Clemson and Oklahoma #1 and #2.

As for Louisville, is #19 right? Hell, who knows. After you get past the first 5 or 6, you can pretty much throw 30 teams into a hopper and pick them out at random. I could see UL in the top 10, at about 19, or out of the mix altogether. But to say they are the 19th best team in the country today? Sure. Whatever. Pick a number - any number.

I hate preseason polls. Granted, I hope Alabama is truly the best team in the country. I hope they go 15-0. But let's be real here. As of this week, Alabama still has not named a starting QB. Whoever does start will come in with precious little experience (if any). All three RB's expected to have significant carries this year have little or no college experience. Granted, the defense should be good and the OL should be solid. The receiving corps is good as is the kicking game. But, seriously: can you really say a team with almost zero experience in the backfield coming in is still "the best" team in the country? Maybe in the end, the voters will be proven correct. But I would have voted Clemson and Oklahoma #1 and #2.

As for Louisville, is #19 right? Hell, who knows. After you get past the first 5 or 6, you can pretty much throw 30 teams into a hopper and pick them out at random. I could see UL in the top 10, at about 19, or out of the mix altogether. But to say they are the 19th best team in the country today? Sure. Whatever. Pick a number - any number.

It just a fact of College Football...19th in AP & 23rd in Coaches Poll...but at the end of the day just win games...the opportunity is there with Houston, FSU & Clemson on the schedule.

Need Houston to beat OU in game one of the season. It helps our opportunity tremendously if they do. Both ranked ahead of us, and we play Houston late in the season.

As always, you need a little help along the way. A Houston win over OU could provide just that.

Need Houston to beat OU in game one of the season. It helps our opportunity tremendously if they do. Both ranked ahead of us, and we play Houston late in the season.

As always, you need a little help along the way. A Houston win over OU could provide just that.

I don't think so. Barring a loss to Houston, I don't think Houston matters to UL's prospects. For UL to get into the playoff it has to win the ACC. Outside of bizzarro world breaking out, that means UL beating Clemson and/or Florida State. Granted, 12-1 does not guarantee a playoff spot and, I agree a Houston win over OU could help somewhat. But I think it would be such a minor point I just don't see it as being relevant. And, just for the record, I mean no disrespect to Houston. Coach Herman has a good thing going there. I just think 12-1 and wining the ACC would be enough alone unless Alabama and LSU finish 13-0 and 11-1 in either order.

I was reading an article not long ago that was hyping this years OU team as possibly their best team ever. If Houston wins that game, it will be epic for the Cardinals. That is IF the Cardinals get over their own hurdles up to that point of the season.

This years schedule from a strength of schedule standpoint is strong enough to make the playoffs IF the Cards end up undefeated or lose just 1 to either Clemson or Florida State. Lots of IF's. Stay healthy, and focus on 1 game at a time is the key to a special season.

JMO

Reactions: Mayoman
I could not agree more. Especially inasmuch as I see Clive Barker and Krash Spaniel leading them to 2 wins, myself. Mark Elam is their only great, Hall Of Fame level player.
Well Mr. Senore, the consensus on our board is the Cats will go 9-3 or 7-5 at worse. Even though Florida, Vandy , Miss. St. and UofL have been able to eek out a few wins against us in the last couple of years we should have no trouble with those teams this year.

Reactions: atiba
Well Mr. Senore, the consensus on our board is the Cats will go 9-3 or 7-5 at worse. Even though Florida, Vandy , Miss. St. and UofL have been able to eek out a few wins against us in the last couple of years we should have no trouble with those teams this year.

Yeah, good luck with that......... LOL. Spotted you 21 points last year and you still lost to us. What's that now, 4 in a row? I think the last time you beat Florida I was still in high school.

Yeah, good luck with that......... LOL. Spotted you 21 points last year and you still lost to us. What's that now, 4 in a row? I think the last time you beat Florida I was still in high school.
The Cardinals have 5 wins in a row over UofK football. The last loss to UofK was 2010

The Cardinals have 5 wins in a row over UofK football. The last loss to UofK was 2010
We were just a dropped INT. 2 years ago and last year Stoops took his foot off the pedal. UK might not be winning on the scoreboard but we are winning the recruiting rankings which are the most important thing

Last edited:
We were just a dropped INT. 2 years ago and last year Stoops took his foot off the pedal. UK might not be winning on the scoreboard but we are winning the recruiting ranking which are the most important thing
LOL. You are AWESOME!! Please keep posting here!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT