ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Wilson to transfer.

I’d say this is due, in large part, to Hassan Hall. I predict he’ll be the primary RB.

Yea...was he ever healthy enough to do anything for the Cards? Good luck young man....you gonna need it.

Reactions: gocds
I figured there would be attrition but I think this notion that every transfer is due to the athlete’s attitude or skill is unfair to the athlete. Having solid depth is very important in football is imperative so I’m a little wary of all this.

Reactions: Eddiepaul79
Coaching changes also invariably lead to roster changes too. So be it.

The transition to the new staff has begun. Get in the boat or get out now. Clean slate for all....win for all. Don't want to adapt....move along men.

Reactions: PHCARD and gocds
FWIW, when healthy, I thought he was our best RB - speed, size, power and cuts. Apparently a good receiver as well. I feel pretty strongly that "other factors" initiated this transfer. :(

Peace

FWIW, when healthy, I thought he was our best RB - speed, size, power and cuts. Apparently a good receiver as well. I feel pretty strongly that "other factors" initiated this transfer. :(

Peace

Like what....if ya know...spill the beans please.:confused:o_O;)

I have zero inside info... so this is just a guess based on past discussions on this very board. But you have to wonder if this has anything to do with Petrino’s stance on weed vs Satterfields.

Peace

WC I’d guess that “competition” at your position was the “other factor” that young Mr. Wilson didn’t like. Good luck to this young man in the future wherever he ends up. But if you can’t stand the heat in the kitchen then it’s best that you get the hell out. :rolleyes:

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
I have zero inside info... so this is just a guess based on past discussions on this very board. But you have to wonder if this has anything to do with Petrino’s stance on weed vs Satterfields.
What was Petrino’s stance?

What was Petrino’s stance?

Of course, I’m not sure but I seriously doubt this was a “weed” thing. I find it interesting that yong Mr. Wilson decided to move on after spring practice. I still think it’s a competition thing. Good luck to Colin Wilson in the future and wherever he decides to go to.

Of course, I’m not sure but I seriously doubt this was a “weed” thing. I find it interesting that yong Mr. Wilson decided to move on after spring practice. I still think it’s a competition thing. Good luck to Colin Wilson in the future and wherever he decides to go to.

I heard SS really liked what Javian Hawkins did in the spring. I think he and Allen will be the primary ball carriers. Both guys have a lot of speed.

Peace

Like what....if ya know...spill the beans please.:confused:o_O;)
I got nothin'.

I just thought, when healthy, he looked like our best RB. Good size, speed, pretty quick feet, good YAC and a good receiver out of the backfield. I thought he would be the leading candidate for the RB job.

Peace

Reactions: Mayoman
Wilson is definitely a talented back which makes me believe his work ethic wasn't great. At some point kids have to realize talent only takes you so far. At this level there is always someone as talented or even more talented. Are you willing to out work those guys?

Coaches will always play the most talented kids however when the talent difference is minimal the coach will always go with the kid that works his ass off over a kid that goes through the motions. That is where this new era of transfering isn't a good thing for the kids, but I believe in free will so they have to make that call. They transfer to a place where the player is comfortable which isn't what a kid that is "lazy" needs to go.

Birdgang, I rewatched the UKaaay and WKU games recently. From watching his play in those games, I have a feeling that Scott told him to get better or get going. This isn’t a loss at all.

I heard SS really liked what Javian Hawkins did in the spring. I think he and Allen will be the primary ball carriers. Both guys have a lot of speed.
Hawkins didn’t do anything last year though... the guy is too small. He coughed the ball up anytime he got stuck last year. Wilson ran hard in the game and got positive yardage on nearly every play.

I’ve heard satterfield’s scheme is for scat backs, but Wilson and Williams are the only guys thick enough to take the beating that they will be getting behind this line next year. Both have injury history, but they are more likely to last if they split carries between them and Hall. I didn’t get to see spring ball, but I saw nothing out of Hawkins last year that lead me to believe he could contribute. I hope I’m wrong on this one.

Hall will avoid injury because he is like Lamar (almost certainly not the same caliber though). But I don’t believe I’ve ever seen someone square him up. He’s just too shifty.

Robbins needs to nurse that shoulder back to health, but he could feasibly take wilson’s spot as a power/speed hybrid back I suppose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT