ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Coleman Hawkins Visiting This Weekend EDIT: No Longer Visiting UofL

Clark recently said he made a mistake leaving Illinois for Louisville. Hawkins would be doing the same. He convinced Trey White to choose Illinois.

Now not having an amateur as head coach should help Louisville with Hawkins. I hope so.

Clark recently said he made a mistake leaving Illinois for Louisville. Hawkins would be doing the same. He convinced Trey White to choose Illinois.

Now not having an amateur as head coach should help Louisville with Hawkins. I hope so.
I gotcha. I didn't know Clark had said that (not surprising) or helped steer White to Illinois.

Hawkins would be either the leading scorer or 2nd leading scorer at UofL. That being said, I haven't seen much video of those guards coming in. I've seen Hepburn a little and he's definitely the point guard.

Hawkins is a physical stretch forward and I'm actually surprised he didn't stay in the NBA draft. We would be instantly a top ACC team if he chooses The Villle.

Louisville this season would look like a completely new program to what's been seen the past three seasons. I believe the on-going story throughout the 2024/25 season will be how the portal has seen a team replace every player and coach with new ones and go from 8 wins to 28 wins.

Louisville will be the case study of what to do about the transfer portal.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
I expect a big time turn around for the Cards this year. Sign Hawkins and man, it could be an unbelievable difference vs the last two years. I wouldn't be shocked at all for them to be top 5 in the conference.

i donated to the 502. so it could be some of my money.

Hawkins has made it clear he wants to go pro. he will need to get his stats. his 12 points and 6 boards didn't get him drafted. what numbers does he need and what happens if he doesn't get them?

Hawkins has improved drastically from his freshman season. He is just now coming into his own. I don't believe his stats would keep him from being drafted. I think he feels he needs one more college season to cement his vast improvement.

I'm already surprised he's considering Louisville because programs like Kansas and Uconn would take him in a heartbeat. CPK is proving to one hell of a recruiter that's for sure. People around him are confident in success.

Hawkins has improved drastically from his freshman season. He is just now coming into his own. I don't believe his stats would keep him from being drafted. I think he feels he needs one more college season to cement his vast improvement.

I'm already surprised he's considering Louisville because programs like Kansas and Uconn would take him in a heartbeat. CPK is proving to one hell of a recruiter that's for sure. People around him are confident in success.
It’s all about the money for Hawkins

It’s all about the money for Hawkins
Well, it is for most today and can they really be blamed? I remember when I was 20 and the thought of making hundreds of thousands of dollars while I'm learning to play a sport would have been a fantasy.

Well, it is for most today and can they really be blamed? I remember when I was 20 and the thought of making hundreds of thousands of dollars while I'm learning to play a sport would have been a fantasy.
I’m not blaming him at all I’m just calling a spade a spade

Would have been a nice addition, but oh well, on to the next. Recruiting is such a rollercoaster, I can understand the guys who say they ignore it and just wait until November.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
When the visit is announced by their agent...I become a skeptic. Sounds like an auction call to me.

Reactions: CardFan
I thought it was odd he would come to Louisville. The roster is full with quality guys. If he did come someone was leaving.

The only question is should the staff passed on the BYU kid to leave a spot for Hawkins? I tend to think the staff played this right.

If they add it will be a freshman or a reach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT