ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Rumor

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Being reported from an App State reporter that Tee Martin (WR) and John Settle (RB) will be joining the UofL staff. Martin is a great WR coach and excellent recruiter. Getting Settle to come from Wisconsin would be an impressive haul. He has an amazing stable of RBs he has coached over the years.

Tee Martin would be a great addition, he’s a hell of a recruiter. He was smart and got away from Lexington before it killed his career.
Hold on didn’t Tee Martin coach at UK? That should automatically rule him out.

It is a good to have a mix of coaches. Can't please everyone that is for sure. The knock against Satterfield is he didn't have any experience recruiting at the power 5 so he gets Martin whose has been known to be a great recruiter in 2016 he landed 11 of the 20 USC class. Satterfield hired him as a WR coach not OC people complain because he was let go at USC. I am not real sure what the down side is here.

You have to recruit at a high level Martin has done that and if they happen to bring in Dennison then Louisville has a staff that will recruit at a very high level. The defense recruiting will pick up and it is young hungry guys.

I only negative is they come and leave, but I hope they committed for 3-4 years. At that point both parties have hopefully prospered.

Hold on didn’t Tee Martin coach at UK? That should automatically rule him out.

Actually no. Difference between him and Neal Brown is, Brown is a SuCkS alum.

If he was UofL's HC, he would jettison it for SuCkS once they get rid if stoopID. No point in hiring him.

tHE SAME tEE mARTIN WHO WAS DEMOTED AT usc!!!! gRAEAT

Dont worry, Martin wont be around for long.

The bluebloods and big boys love poaching coaches from non traditional teams. They even wont play home and home with most teams.

Last edited:
USC has been toxic lately.
They’ve been toxic since Pete Carrol left.
They have no clue how to run The Atheletic department nor do they have the qualifications.

Lynn Swann , Pat Hayden, Mike Garret have been in way over their head for way too many years!

Actually no. Difference between him and Neal Brown is, Brown is a SuCkS alum.

If he was UofL's HC, he would jettison it for SuCkS once they get rid if stoopID. No point in hiring him.

Actually he isn't a UK alum, well he didn't graduate there which I consider an alum. He graduated from UMass. I do agree I hope he is our next Head Coach.

Actually he isn't a UK alum, well he didn't graduate there which I consider an alum. He graduated from UMass. I do agree I hope he is our next Head Coach.
How’s the extremely low gpa going to affect y’all’s bowl game? There has to be multiple players on the roster that failed last semester, right?

Both Martin and Settle would be great additions to the staff. Martin would be more of a recruiter than he would a coach. Martin is not a UK alumni. He coached with his buddy for a few years there. I'm really impressed with this staff Coach Satterfield is building. Just seems like he gets it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT