ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching carousel

Dec 16, 2015
Slowly spinning up. I just cannot see Satterfield leaving Louisville. I HAVE heard some concerns over the defensive slot...and there's a guy named Mason Vanderbilt just released that did a great DC job at Stanford.
South Carolina is hunting....but that's gonna be a tricky slot. There seems to be a move toward Neal Brown....but that would be a sideways move for him, and he has been less successful at WVU than Troy for sure.
The guy from Liberty gets his name bandied around a bit...but he definitely has had baggage.
Frost has gone from home town hero to -meh- at Nebraska, Hermann is fast falling out with Texas. Harbaugh seems to be in a hate/hate relationship with Michigan and the Happy Valley folk are NOT pleased with James Franklin right now.

At Kentucky, we hear the yearly promise of a change needing to be made in offense....but anyone who coaches under Mark Stoops seems to forget a football is designed to be able to pass. OC Eddie Gran seems to be the primary scapegoat....but I'm not sure how much Gran has to do with the lack of team discipline that is a continual shadow under the Coach Mark Stoops regime.

Gonna be an interesting off season to a season of tears and misery. Here's to a vaccine taking the worst problem out.

Reactions: gocds
It could have been pure BS but Brown at WVU tried to shut that down this morning. " I am not a candidate ". Whatever, the hell that means. Also, he's only been at Morganhole for 2 seasons although it probably seems like a decade to him.

• Haha
Reactions: billoliver40
What I've learned is that a coach really isn't interested UNTIL they see the dollars.

I DO agree that Brown is in a spot that a lot of schools would be sideways moves.
Trading WVU for SCjr ain't much. Trading WVU for Michigan, Penn State, Texas money I could see. I don't think his record will get him that kind of jump.

Reactions: gocds
It could have been pure BS but Brown at WVU tried to shut that down this morning. " I am not a candidate ". Whatever, the hell that means. Also, he's only been at Morganhole for 2 seasons although it probably seems like a decade to him.
Sounds like it means he is not a candidate. That’s just a guess, though.

The ironic part is, how much money would anyone have bet that Harbaugh, Franklin, and maybe Frost all three would fail?

How happy would we have been to get any of them?

Ain’t nothing dead solid perfect.

I’d say we have as good a chance of Satt being winner as anybody else we got.

Let it play out

The ironic part is, how much money would anyone have bet that Harbaugh, Franklin, and maybe Frost all three would fail?

Let it play out
Two years in is often either a bust or bonanza. The Cards have been hit really harder than a lot of teams with covid, injury, and just crap luck. I WILL say that by and large your kids play hard, and the speed you have is really amazing. The size/strength/speed of both lines is something that is going to take some time to get fixed...and that old devil depth is always right around the corner. Next two years will be a fair judgement bracket.

Two years in is often either a bust or bonanza. The Cards have been hit really harder than a lot of teams with covid, injury, and just crap luck. I WILL say that by and large your kids play hard, and the speed you have is really amazing. The size/strength/speed of both lines is something that is going to take some time to get fixed...and that old devil depth is always right around the corner. Next two years will be a fair judgement bracket.
This isn’t BB two years is nothing in FB. In FB it’s minimum of three usually 4 years before change comes. Two years? WTH

I hope we can keep our staff together for 2 more years I am tired of coaching changes every year. How can you develop good players if you keep changing your system every year.

I wonder if the 4 year plan, or giving a coach time to get his players in the system, are reflected in Coach Satterfield’s buyout? Could our A. D. be signaling to future hires “We’ll give you a reasonable timeline to produce if you come here.”

This isn’t BB two years is nothing in FB. In FB it’s minimum of three usually 4 years before change comes. Two years? WTH
Two more years gives a sophomore, junior, senior class. I think it will give an indication of progress.
Used to be five, but in the money game today that doesn't usually happen.

Let it play out
Penn State is struggling in an odd, odd year. But he has hardly failed at Penn State. They won 11 games three of the past four years. The 42 wins are the most they’ve had in a four year span since 93-96. They could do worse.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT