ADVERTISEMENT

Coach 2

It certainly appears now that Coach Pitino not only knew about, but also helped to facilitate, the Adidas payments to Bowen. SMDH

Reactions: footnfan1
WOW. Just WOW. I. Am. Speechless. This man IS our Eddie Sutton. Never would have believed it.

The best comparison. (Am I agreeing with a Card??)
Just use the UK formula. Fire the whole staff and department members. (Sutton & Hagan) Get rid of all (if any) corrupt players and the innocent ones transfer if a ban occurs. Then hire the best AD and coach available.
Give it 5 years to work....Back to being stable with a winning program.

Reactions: American Male
If this proves to be true, then he is one the best lying sacks I've ever seen.

This would certainly justify his firing with cause and only cements my belief that Jurich was justifiably fired. He stick his neck out for Pitino and you see how that misguided loyalty left him.

As of now Jurich is only guilty of nepotism. That goes on in every work place. Nothing wrong with helping your kids.

By the way, the best scenario financially for UofL is that Pitino is "coach 2"
Exactly Hank!

The NCAA will come down on us, whether or not it is Pitino -- I doubt it matters who coach 2 really is... The main gain from this, if it is Pitino, is that we aren't in a financial hole for the future, which at this point is all that matters. If he isn't Coach 2, we will be battling the legal aspects for years to come, which will cost us a TON and delay us even further on moving forward with not only the basketball program, but the athletics program in general.

My hope is that is was him.

Reactions: FlCATFan
If this is true, then anything is possible with Pitino. Who knows, he probably lined up the strippers as well. Perhaps Magee will come out of hiding and finally drop a dime on Rick. At this point his credibility is higher than Pitino’s, unbelievably enough.

Exactly Hank!

The NCAA will come down on us, whether or not it is Pitino -- I doubt it matters who coach 2 really is... The main gain from this, if it is Pitino, is that we aren't in a financial hole for the future, which at this point is all that matters. If he isn't Coach 2, we will be battling the legal aspects for years to come, which will cost us a TON and delay us even further on moving forward with not only the basketball program, but the athletics program in general.

My hope is that is was him.

None of us can deny that this is "The Poster Child" for lack of institutional control. Sorry but the houses has to be sweep clean.

Drew Denner claims 100 percent Rick is not coach 2 from his close reliable louisville sources . For wahtever thats worth

The problem is if it is Pitino, and I hope it's not... but if it is.. .then not only has he fooled everyone, but how deep does that rabbit hole go? How far do we dig?

Because if it is him, can anyone believe it is an isolated incident? Who else did he pay? How far back does it go. His ENTIRE legacy will be tarnished if true. Do we go back to the beginning at U of L? Do we go back to UK days? Every year ever coached?

If he is "Coach-2" then things will be examined and dug up all the way back. Was this an act of desperation due to the current probation, or was this who he really was?

I hope he's not Coach-2, but I am afraid he is... and what that means for the program.

Reactions: American Male
Really messed up if Rick turns out to be coach 2. If he proves to be that guy, it would be hard to believe for most people that this was an isolated incident.

Kind of like the husband that gets caught cheating after 20 years of marriage saying "I've never done that before, I swear".

I'm going to reserve final judgement but the thought of it Is frustrating to say the least.

The problem is if it is Pitino, and I hope it's not... but if it is.. .then not only has he fooled everyone, but how deep does that rabbit hole go? How far do we dig?

Because if it is him, can anyone believe it is an isolated incident? Who else did he pay? How far back does it go. His ENTIRE legacy will be tarnished if true. Do we go back to the beginning at U of L? Do we go back to UK days? Every year ever coached?

If he is "Coach-2" then things will be examined and dug up all the way back. Was this an act of desperation due to the current probation, or was this who he really was?

I hope he's not Coach-2, but I am afraid he is... and what that means for the program.

Agree. Not only Pitino's legacy, but the Louisville athletic brand. If this is all true, you have to clean the entire house. I'm absolutely amazed how many people are still wanting to hang onto Jurich. This thing stunk before but if it turns out and is confirmed that Pitino is Coach 2, you have to obviously question everything you thought you knew about the stripper scandal, Rick Pitino and ultimately Tom Jurich.

At the least it should raise more questions.

How much did Jurich know? The adidas deal?

Where is Andre McGee? Was or is McGee being paid to stay quiet?

It truly appears we may have been bamboozled. Hoodwinked.

The Organization. The Program has to be stronger than any one individual or individuals that make it up.

Sad times indeed.

If true,

Proves point should have never hired an ex SuCkS coach.

Rupp cheated
Hall cheated
Sutton cheated
Pitino cheated ?
Tubby cheated ?
Billy clyyyyyyyyddddddeeeee cheated

Crapiperi-biggest cheater of them all at Umass , memphis and now at SuCkS.

This is a "FEDERAL INVESTIGATION", if it wasn't made public by the Feds, it's all speculation at best at this point.

If this turns out to be false, Rick's attorney is going to be collecting a lot of checks from all these media outlets.

If it's true, he'll go to prison under Rico Statutes.

The program is all but dead for the foreseeable future is what it means.

We will have very competitive games against teams like Omaha, Southern Illinois, and St. Francis once the smoke clears and we see who's left holding the basketball. Players are going to defect. The coaching staff is decimated. The athletic department is in chaos. We will probably end up with a losing record and the real kick in the nuts is it won't matter because the basketball team won't be able to go to any post season play for God only knows how long anyway.

Very sad times for UofL basketball. Times like these really test a fans loyalty and makes you really appreciate the good times.

This is a "FEDERAL INVESTIGATION", if it wasn't made public by the Feds, it's all speculation at best at this point.

If this turns out to be false, Rick's attorney is going to be collecting a lot of checks from all these media outlets.

I would love for this to be false but i don't think it is VERY SAD!

Here's what I think. The reason RP would be so foolish/brazen as to put himself in the position of COACH-2 is because he knows what we don't: this is the way blue-chip recruiting is done these days. It's college bball's dirty little secret and I'm convinced they all do it - Roy, Cal, even Ratface. They all know if you don't pay what these kids/AAU agents are demanding, they will simply go somewhere else. Remember the Feds made a point of saying - listen up, we have your playbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
DK1NVgoVAAA-LR7.jpg

not true. rp has done nothing wrong in eyes of the law. paying money to a high school kid is NOT illegal. the illegality comes in when Adidas has to file their taxes and the person receiving the money files their taxes. if they don;t report the income received that is over $13,000 they are committing tax fraud. and the feds got involved because adidas was committing that fruad then when asked they lied about it. from rp's standpoint, even though he helped facilitate the process the money never touched his hands and if both parties properly report the exchange to the irs is all good. just in the ncaa eyes the player is no longer eligible but in terms of the law rp is in the clear as well as all parties if they correctly report the money transfer. he didn't conspire because they he only has to say he doesn't do their taxes so how could he know they were breaking tax law. and if we were all requiring to report violations of law else we be complicit then every time you see someone speeding or riding in the car with them your are complicit to breaking the law. so rp while a deeyuche is in the clear

not true. rp has done nothing wrong in eyes of the law. paying money to a high school kid is NOT illegal. the illegality comes in when Adidas has to file their taxes and the person receiving the money files their taxes. if they don;t report the income received that is over $13,000 they are committing tax fraud. and the feds got involved because adidas was committing that fruad then when asked they lied about it. from rp's standpoint, even though he helped facilitate the process the money never touched his hands and if both parties properly report the exchange to the irs is all good. just in the ncaa eyes the player is no longer eligible but in terms of the law rp is in the clear as well as all parties if they correctly report the money transfer. he didn't conspire because they he only has to say he doesn't do their taxes so how could he know they were breaking tax law. and if we were all requiring to report violations of law else we be complicit then every time you see someone speeding or riding in the car with them your are complicit to breaking the law. so rp while a deeyuche is in the clear

There's that whole defraud thing, however. UofL got defrauded when certification forms claiming Player-10's amateur status were signed and filed with the university. The FBI document was pretty clear in that regard.

Almost a good defense.

The problem?

How many will turn on Pitino/Adidas, and be willing to testify that no one in the conspiracy expected that a 1099 or tax return would be filed. Or better, that Pitino knew they would not be?

Didn't Coach 2 say that discretion was a must, given that University 6 was already on probation (NCAA).

Sounds like "consciousness of guilt" is there for the federal taking.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. The Cardinals do this whenever the NCAA tells it to.

Now it places the lotion back in the basket.
And UofL will still paddle that loosier ass - even with walk-ons.

Besides, there won’t be an NCAA in a few years. But you my dear, will still be a fan of a program that hasn’t mattered since booby knight made a scene at the salad bar.

ADVERTISEMENT