ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson predictions?

Louisville 31
Clemson 28

My pick as well. I am going with the same score that we beat Notre Dame by in 2014.

And full disclosure here ... I actually picked Louisville to beat Notre Dame by a score of 31-28 in a wager among friends the week of that game. I won three 20 ounce Diet Mountain Dews! No way it can happen again, right?!

I don't usually make picks, and I'm not jinxing us tonite. Covering both bases, my gut tells me this will either be a close loss or a comfortable win. (Not that any U of L fan will be "comfortable" with a 20-point lead after three quarters...)

And I can live with any outcome where we don't get embarrassed on the national stage. The way I look at this game is that most of the pressure is on Clemson; they lose and their hopes for an ACC championship is pretty slim. They're the home team with the tradition, the preseason hype, and the Heisman favorite.

We can still tie for the divisional champ even if we lose. 11-1 would still be achievable, and 10-2 almost a gimme. The same for a New Year's bowl game.

As far as I'm concerned, that's playing with house money tonite. I want our guys prepared but relaxed and feeding off of their coach's confidence...

I won't pick an exact score. Just give my theory.

I don't think Clemson can get past about 30 points on UofLs defense. If UofL can't get out of the 20's, Clemson wins. If the Cards get into the mid 30's or higher, UofL wins.

I won't pick an exact score. Just give my theory.

I don't think Clemson can get past about 30 points on UofLs defense. If UofL can't get out of the 20's, Clemson wins. If the Cards get into the mid 30's or higher, UofL wins.
No way they hold Jackson alone to 20s.

Reactions: SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT