ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson must be really scared

Wow! Just, Wow!, is all I can say about his diatribe.

Gotta beat Clemson to shut these types up.

Not trying to hijack this post but, apparently Bogger is running his mouth again as well. I was watching the Around the horn replay and ol' boogs said that Lamar would be converted to a wide receiver in the NFL because he is not good enough to play QB. The Yates guy repeated and agreed with him as well. They along with everyone else thinks that we are Lamar and that is it. Here is to making them all eating some crow on Saturday night.

Reactions: Deeva
Not trying to hijack this post but, apparently Bogger is running his mouth again as well. I was watching the Around the horn replay and ol' boogs said that Lamar would be converted to a wide receiver in the NFL because he is not good enough to play QB. The Yates guy repeated and agreed with him as well. They along with everyone else thinks that we are Lamar and that is it. Here is to making them all eating some crow on Saturday night.

To be fair, I understand why they say that. LJ is forever overthrowing or underthrowing by wide margins on a frequent basis. It's his running that is so dang unbelievable.

To be fair, I understand why they say that. LJ is forever overthrowing or underthrowing by wide margins on a frequent basis. It's his running that is so dang unbelievable.
Wow, I guess I just imagined that Lamar threw for 393 yards last week at North Carolina and 3 TDs or the 373 and 2 TDs he threw for against Purdue without throwing an interception this year.

And I definitely must have dreamt that the offensively savvy Head Coach of UNC, Larry Fedora called him special and said Lamar just stands back there a throws the football like an NFL QB.

The leaps this young kid keeps making every year is scary.

Wow, I guess I just imagined that Lamar threw for 393 yards last week at North Carolina and 3 TDs or the 373 and 2 TDs he threw for against Purdue without throwing an interception this year.

And I definitely must have dreamt that the offensively savvy Head Coach of UNC, Larry Fedora called him special and said Lamar just stands back there a throws the football like an NFL QB.

The leaps this young kid keeps making every year is scary.
He keeps succeeding even though every talking head scrutinizes his every move.

I'm sorry I just can't take anyone that's named bogger and over the age of 3 seriously. He's just an A hole. When did he last coach? Dude is seriously jealous.

Wow what a bunch arrogant a$$es. Really pillbillies lol. I just hope we kick their ever living A&&. Their not afraid but they have the big green jealousy bug going on. That I love. Maybe they should deck their team out in green.

Reactions: clemsontiger993
I'd like to remind you guys that this is just one guys opinion.

As a former player, I can tell you we respect the hell out of Louisville and understand we've been very fortunate to win the last three. This game will be no different. It will be very tight and can go either way. Don't lump one bloggers opinion in with a whole fan base.

I'd like to remind you guys that this is just one guys opinion.

As a former player, I can tell you we respect the hell out of Louisville and understand we've been very fortunate to win the last three. This game will be no different. It will be very tight and can go either way. Don't lump one bloggers opinion in with a whole fan base.
Appreciate your input. I expect a great game and hope there are zero injuries.

Apparently we've been watching different games this year. He's completed 65% of his passes this year, and as was stated, just passed for 393 yards. Not sure what says wide receiver there. I do know that his NFL stock at QUARTERBACK has gone up after the first two weeks. Good to see the scouts are paying attention.

Oh dear lord, please just change your name to SmartEnoughToBeAUKFan ;-)

noted-ryan-the-office.gif

Reactions: CardMonarch
I have to agree with Capt. Tony. Where do you come off with this "LJ is forever overthrowing or underthrowing by wide margins on a frequent basis" No he hasn't. Sure he has overthrown a few. All quarterbacks do. Just ask Ohio St fans. But Lamar has been much more accurate this year and wasn't bad last. The difference is this year were not dropping passes like we did last year and Lamar is much more comfortable. Booger is a moron. I wouldn't wathch that bunch if they were the only thing on.

They call us pillbillies? Anyone ever been to South Carolina? As a Virginia Congressman said when they seceded - "What are they now? South Carolina is too small to be a country and too large to be an insane asylum."
I think that was a jab at the huge heroin and pill epidemic in the area. Louisville was on CNN one night for one if the leading cities for heroin and opiate addiction

I think that was a jab at the huge heroin and pill epidemic in the area. Louisville was on CNN one night for one if the leading cities for heroin and opiate addiction
Go to downtown Charleston and tell me Louisville's problem with heroin is worse than South Carolina's.

By multiple articles from the sports writers in South Carolina we don't stand a chance. They have the advantage over us in every position except quarterback and we are not even a good team. They rank us 5th in the ACC I hope our pitiful team can rise to the occasion overcome our all our shortcomings.

Reactions: TigerJBM
Go to downtown Charleston and tell me Louisville's problem with heroin is worse than South Carolina's.

Where the hell are you hanging out in downtown Charleston? I feel like you have your charlestons mixed up.

And again - one opinion is not reflective of an entire fan base.

Last edited:

Really! After 2 games against Power 5 Teams
64% Completions(56% last year)
5 TDs
0 INTS
386 YDS per game Avg
14 yd avg per completion
9 yd per attempt.

God I wish he could throw the ball.

Reactions: JohnCard28
I did not see on what show Booger said it, but the new Black guy Yates is the one who chimed in with it when the they were discussing the Heisman.Yates brought up Calvin Pryor and Braxton Miller, which I don't remember either one of them winning the Heisman Trophy or putting up the numbers LJ is.My thing is Booger always po poos anything if it is not related to the SEC, but for Yates to pop on to TV after sitting behind a computer typing for the Undefeated and throw shade on Lamar is typical of the people over on ESPN.It seems to work there you have to kiss the a$$ of the SEC,Lebron,Tom Brady, and Alabama.And as far as Charleston goes after what happened in that church, they should be the last people to be talking about another cities short comings.Just saying.

Where the hell are you hanging out in downtown Charleston? I feel like you have your charlestons mixed up.

And again - one opinion is not reflective of an entire fan base.
Was there in July when my daughter graduated from MUSC. Saw many panhandlers with obvious substance abuse issues. Especially near the bridge that goes to James Island. Stayed at hotel near that bridge and saw two hypodermic needles on ground while running.
That being said I really enjoyed my trip to Clemson in 14. Was never treated as well by a fan base. Guess Louisville wasn't seen as a threat back then.

The article is pretty bad, just over the top exaggerated talking points crying about shifting narratives that exist in the writer's head only.

Clemson is favored to win, on the road, against a T20 team. Everything else the writer is chirping about is just some spin.

The author isn't scared, he just doesn't think his favorite team gets enough love, because in his bizarro world nobody noticed they won the title last year and have been a top program for a while now.

Every week there is an angle to find motivation for an opponent, it's flattering to UofL that this writer comes with so much "ammo" to get fired up for the game, even if much of his "ammo" are figments of his imagination.

Oh dear lord, please just change your name to SmartEnoughToBeAUKFan ;-)
Hahaha don't get me twisted, I'm only saying I can understand how some say that. LJ is a baller and his percentages are good and seems to be getting more comfortable in the pocket. But he still does make some wild throws that aren't even close. He's improved from last year so hopefully he shores up some of these throws that have you scratching your heads ;)

Was there in July when my daughter graduated from MUSC. Saw many panhandlers with obvious substance abuse issues. Especially near the bridge that goes to James Island. Stayed at hotel near that bridge and saw two hypodermic needles on ground while running.
That being said I really enjoyed my trip to Clemson in 14. Was never treated as well by a fan base. Guess Louisville wasn't seen as a threat back then.

10-4. Congrats to your daughter. Glad to hear that about 14. Love the fact that you guys are in the conference. Enjoy the game every year. They've probably shaved 5-10 years off my life. I expect this one is either going to continue that trend or result in a blowout (and FWIW - I could see that going either way). With the pace at which these teams play, it will be critical for offenses to produce points and sustain some drives, otherwise defenses will get tired and find themselves looking at a big deficit in a hurry.

Reactions: fredburgcard
Well, the 1st thing that you have to realize is that the hate column on shakinthesouthland is intended for comic relief only. There's very little link to reality in those columns. They just put out a new version every week on why Clemson fans should hate team x... blanket statements and embellishments are the rule of the day here.

I can't speak to the other blogger column as I've never heard of the guy. All I know is that the last 3 years have been really close games and I don't think there's any reason to believe that this year should be much different.

I actually feel better about Clemson's chances this year than I did last year.

First let me say that I don't have any special insight into the UL program. I just know what I've seen on TV (watched all ULs games this year and a couple of them last year). I don't pretend to have the knowledge that anyone reading this thread on the UL boards does about the UL program. So take these observations for what they are worth.

Last year's UL team scared me more than this year's version does. It's as simple as that. Last year UL was 4-0 coming into Death Valley. They were averaging > 60 points per game and had played 2 power 5 schools (including hanging 63 on Florida State) and Marshal. This year you are 2-0 and have played 2 mediocre programs in Purdue and UNC (I admit that I don't know much about Purdue, but they are never better than mediocre and UNC will be LUCKY to finish 3rd in their own division) and have not put either of them away.

And that doesn't appear to be LJ's fault at all. If anything he seems stronger, faster, and more accurate with the ball than he was last year. Perhaps teams are more ready for him defensively, or perhaps the players around him are not as good. I have no idea, but it's hard for me to imagine the UL team from last year not hanging 55+ on each of these teams and allowing < 20.

Again, just watching both games, I didn't see another offensive player that strikes fear into me. The offensive skill guys seem like decent players but not much more than that. I can remember a WR named Smith who had some good routes and yards after the catch in both games and a RB named Williams that looked good vs UNC but I can't recall seeing him at all vs Purdue. Nobody else made enough plays for me to remember their names.

Defensively, UL seems to have taken a step back (especially in the secondary). UL is way too good to allow UNC and Purdue to score 30 points against them. That does not bode well for the season.

So while I look for this one to be another close one, I do expect a Clemson win.

News Flash: That Tiger on Tiger action was you beating up on a mediocre team that "will be LUCKY to finish 3rd in their own division)" or are you one of those big league SEC West fans? :-D

Well, the 1st thing that you have to realize is that the hate column on shakinthesouthland is intended for comic relief only. There's very little link to reality in those columns. They just put out a new version every week on why Clemson fans should hate team x... blanket statements and embellishments are the rule of the day here.

I can't speak to the other blogger column as I've never heard of the guy. All I know is that the last 3 years have been really close games and I don't think there's any reason to believe that this year should be much different.

I actually feel better about Clemson's chances this year than I did last year.

First let me say that I don't have any special insight into the UL program. I just know what I've seen on TV (watched all ULs games this year and a couple of them last year). I don't pretend to have the knowledge that anyone reading this thread on the UL boards does about the UL program. So take these observations for what they are worth.

Last year's UL team scared me more than this year's version does. It's as simple as that. Last year UL was 4-0 coming into Death Valley. They were averaging > 60 points per game and had played 2 power 5 schools (including hanging 63 on Florida State) and Marshal. This year you are 2-0 and have played 2 mediocre programs in Purdue and UNC (I admit that I don't know much about Purdue, but they are never better than mediocre and UNC will be LUCKY to finish 3rd in their own division) and have not put either of them away.

And that doesn't appear to be LJ's fault at all. If anything he seems stronger, faster, and more accurate with the ball than he was last year. Perhaps teams are more ready for him defensively, or perhaps the players around him are not as good. I have no idea, but it's hard for me to imagine the UL team from last year not hanging 55+ on each of these teams and allowing < 20.

Again, just watching both games, I didn't see another offensive player that strikes fear into me. The offensive skill guys seem like decent players but not much more than that. I can remember a WR named Smith who had some good routes and yards after the catch in both games and a RB named Williams that looked good vs UNC but I can't recall seeing him at all vs Purdue. Nobody else made enough plays for me to remember their names.

Defensively, UL seems to have taken a step back (especially in the secondary). UL is way too good to allow UNC and Purdue to score 30 points against them. That does not bode well for the season.

So while I look for this one to be another close one, I do expect a Clemson win.

News Flash: That Tiger on Tiger action was you beating up on a mediocre team that "will be LUCKY to finish 3rd in their own division)" or are you one of those big league SEC West fans? :-D

Well news flash right back at you. You DO realize that UL PLAYED the SECW number 3 team in your bowl game, right? LSU mopped the field with you... I'd think you wouldn't talk that much trash about the SECW division that just wood shedded you. Kinda like I don't say a word about West Virginia.

Look, as I said, my knowledge of the ins and outs of UL football is limited to what I've seen on TV. Maybe your other skill player on offense are better than I think or maybe your OL is better. That's certainly possible. Maybe UNC and Purdue were playoff bound teams that UL cut down... who knows? But the above argument is just silly.

Last edited:
Well news flash right back at you. You DO realize that UL PLAYED the SECW number 3 team in your bowl game, right? LSU mopped the field with you... I'd think you wouldn't talk that much trash about the SECW division that just wood shedded you. Kinda like I don't say a word about West Virginia.

Look, as I said, my knowledge of the ins and outs of UL football is limited to what I've seen on TV. Maybe your other skill player on offense are better than I think or maybe your OL is better. That's certainly possible. Maybe UNC and Purdue were playoff bound teams that UL cut down... who knows? But the above argument is just silly.

Its UofL, not UL

Beating Auburn was impressive however.......

UofL is not Auburn. They are better.

HoepfulTiger, the "Smith" no name guy is #3 in the country for yardage gained, with 117 yards on 8 catches against Purdue and 180 yards against UNC - both P5 teams you wish to call "weak", which seems bizarre coming from your games against a 1 AA team and Auburn, the single least imaginative offense in football - with a dime store wooden Indian for a QB, lol. We watched that game, ha ha.

Louisville is averaging 42 points a game which, to you, is somehow "disappointing" and less than you expected. You scored 14 big points last week. Your QB was adequate - certainly not particularly special in any way that comes to mind. I can;t see you guys staying within 20.

Reactions: OrangeTigerTower
To be a national championship caliber program they sure do have some thin skin folk down there in Clemson. Remember" Petrino doesn't think Clemson fans are loud." I am having a difficult time remembering our program facing anyone with a fanbase so hyper sensitive to criticism just looking for a reason to be pissed off and butt hurt.

As many times as we have played Miami and Florida State, both more prestigious programs with abundant more tradition and national titles than the Tigers, you don't see trash like this from their fans.

The reality is we didn't see or hear this type of BS when we played Ohio State, Auburn or Alabama either.

Truth is a lot Clemson fans have a serious Napoleon Complex. The little pumpkin that wrote this might well be the worst. It must be from decades of being so insignificant in college athletics. Lots of the "hey look at me, new money" thing in that fan base.

The best way to deal with Clemson fans is to ignore them. They hate being ignored.
CJ

Earth to Tiger dude: LJ > Auburn (which has about the crappiest offense in all of the land). Talk about our OL all ya want--it's the one that rolled over your D last year--but keep quoting the games at the end can't blame you since LJ put up just shy of 500 yards on ya himself.

Excuse this Gamecock for posting on your board but wanted to see how you guys feel about knocking off Tater U. This writer is the same as their fan base, arrogant to no end , think they are unbeatable, etc... Hope the Cards wipe the cow dung eatin' smile off their face tonite.

Consider it done.

You guys take out the trash otherwise known as SuCkS football.

Excuse this Gamecock for posting on your board but wanted to see how you guys feel about knocking off Tater U. This writer is the same as their fan base, arrogant to no end , think they are unbeatable, etc... Hope the Cards wipe the cow dung eatin' smile off their face tonite.
Our Cardinal Jim nailed it. Napolean Complex. I have never seen Championship fans whine as much as these assholes.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT