ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson FSU Back Story to Game Cancellation:

73Card

1500+
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2006
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...tigers-florida-state-seminoles-game-postponed

" Florida State and Clemson will not play Saturday after the teams' medical personnel could not mutually agree on moving forward with the game, the ACC said in a statement. "

" Multiple sources said Clemson was tested before leaving for Tallahassee and did not get the positive test back until late Friday night, meaning the team had traveled to Tallahassee with a positive player. That player, an offensive lineman, was immediately isolated and Clemson arranged for him to travel back to Clemson separately. Clemson then informed Florida State of the positive test. "

Multiple sources indicated that Florida State's medical advisers felt there was risk involved in playing the game because the positive player traveled with the team, and raised concerns about possible Clemson team spread. Florida State wanted to side with caution and could not sign off on playing. Because of the difference in medical opinion, Florida State (2-6) and No. 4 Clemson (7-1) could not agree to move forward with the game. The league does not play a role in the decision-making process because it wants that choice to be made by both schools.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
If I'm Dabo, am I a little frustrated? Sure. I prepared my team all week, took all the proper precautions, then traveled to Tallahassee to likely get an easy W. Do I whine and throw out unsupported claims when something goes awry during a pandemic? No, I'd be smarter than that. I'd be a professional about it. Maybe if I was an unknown or a up and comer in the coaching ranks, I'd try to get people to pay attention to me. But, I'm Dabo. I'm top the heap. With that comes responsibility. It's not a good look.

I don't think there's anything wrong with talking smack, even as a coach...that's what I see this as...I think his players are thinking it and just makes the football family a little tighter when the coach speaks their truth. You know, coach is with us.

I think FSU was absolutely right here though, nothing to gain by putting your heavily outgunned players at increased risk.

It’s an “increased risk” playing any games , by any teams, anywhere.

So if it’s “wise” for FSU to cancel why are we, or anybody else, playing? Especially when we were 9-10 starters down?

Reactions: Mayoman

So if it’s “wise” for FSU to cancel why are we, or anybody else, playing? Especially when we were 9-10 starters down?
Situations and circumstances are different. If a team traveled here to play, and they had a positive test from the night before they got here, and that positive player traveled with the team, I’d imagine a lot of programs would have decided to postpone.

If teams can mitigate the risk (testing, precautions), I can understand why play. We (kids, fans, coaches) have a passion for FB, with extraordinary efforts these games can be played and that benefits a lot of people.

I have a very close friend who died from CV

Another is in a coma on a ventilator today.

I have 3 close friends who’ve tested positive from sick in bed for 10 days to mild for a couple days to no symptoms. One whom I was face to face with two days before he got sick, no masks, trying to keep a boat from sinking. This was three weeks ago. I’m fine thanks for asking.

Point being, this is a friggin virus.

Like ALL viruses, some people get it with varying degrees of intensity. Most don’t get it at all. And some die from it.

But for some reason, in 2020, some people want to use this one to totally change/destroy our way of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

Currently, +/- 5% of the population tests positive. 20 mil

1 out of every 100 of those die. Or 7 of every 10k in the country.

And we’re taking jobs, retirements, businesses, etc from people?? Food giveaway lines in the USA for a .0007 death rate?

Ask yourself one question. If this is REALLY about saving lives, why does the Govt(s) not mandate making cars with a 45 mph top speed?

Most of the “we gotta do something” crowd would not tolerate a two day drive to FLA even though it would save approximately 35,000 lives a year.

And after all, if it just saves one life.... Don’t we hear that all the time?

If this doesn’t end soon, it will end badly regardless the outcome.

Reactions: PHCARD and Mayoman
1,413,325 people have died, 260,591 in the USA.

This is more than friggin virus!

We just need to slow down, follow the guidelines and get some control over this killer.

Then restart our lives and move on in 2021.

Stay safe and have a good holiday season.

Ask yourself one question. If this is REALLY about saving lives...
Here are some questions I’d like to hear your answers to. If this REALLY isn’t about saving lives - then what is it about? And why is it happening? And who’s behind it and what are they trying to gain?

Here are some questions I’d like to hear your answers to. If this REALLY isn’t about saving lives - then what is it about? And why is it happening? And who’s behind it and what are they trying to gain?
I’m not Rollem, but it’s a great question, and I’ll take a stab at it from my perspective.
This virus isn’t like most other viruses in that it is highly transmissible. It’s often described as “deadly” but it really isn’t. As stated above, the mortality rate is very small. From the standpoint of an individual who is healthy and not a member of a high risk group, there is little danger. However, from the population standpoint, the high number of total deaths (Still far less than the Spanish flu in a much smaller country) appears horrific- and it is. It’s this difference- the individual perspective vs the population perspective, that causes people to be less compliant with common sense recommendations than they really should be. It is fear- that great motivator of politicians- that is behind the overreaction of many state and local governments, who are no more “scientific” in these restrictions than one would be about going barefaced in a large crowd. The reaction to this virus is a powerful political weapon, and politicians have assessed the risk and many believe it is safer to overreact, since that is less likely to be used against them later, than to not overreact, since they can claim they have “acted” and had they not done so, things would have been much worse (without proof, of course).

I’m not Rollem, but it’s a great question, and I’ll take a stab at it from my perspective.
This virus isn’t like most other viruses in that it is highly transmissible. It’s often described as “deadly” but it really isn’t. As stated above, the mortality rate is very small. From the standpoint of an individual who is healthy and not a member of a high risk group, there is little danger. However, from the population standpoint, the high number of total deaths (Still far less than the Spanish flu in a much smaller country) appears horrific- and it is. It’s this difference- the individual perspective vs the population perspective, that causes people to be less compliant with common sense recommendations than they really should be. It is fear- that great motivator of politicians- that is behind the overreaction of many state and local governments, who are no more “scientific” in these restrictions than one would be about going barefaced in a large crowd. The reaction to this virus is a powerful political weapon, and politicians have assessed the risk and many believe it is safer to overreact, since that is less likely to be used against them later, than to not overreact, since they can claim they have “acted” and had they not done so, things would have been much worse (without proof, of course).
While I appreciate the response, I’m not sure that it addressed any of my questions.

While I appreciate the response, I’m not sure that it addressed any of my questions.
Please read carefully.
What is it about? Fear
Why is it happening? difference in perspective ( individual vs population)
Who is behind it and what are they trying to gain? Politicians are behind It and they are trying to save their own skins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollem Cards
I don’t know the question because I’m not receiving posts from some people.

Of course I’m a conspiracy theorist :rolleyes:

I find it ironic that even the “shutdowns” and “life saving” measures have fallen on political lines.

The “blue” controlled states are the most restrictive and most populated with the most registered voters. Living and dead:p And stopped vote counting before we went to bed

If not for CV we would have NOT had mail in voting.

If not for mail in voting DT would have a second term. He won the walk in votes.

We have heard for four years that we would not know who the winner of the the 2020 election would be “for days” and maybe “weeks” after the election. Why? Would it take a yet undetermined amount of time to know how many mail in votes would have to be “found”?

Sure, this could all be circumstantial if you believe in circumstance.

I want it cured, go away, and get back to the way we were.

We’ll see if that happens. With “the way we were” being key.

“If not for mail in voting DT would have a second term. He won the walk in votes.”

“Winning the walk-in vote” isn’t a thing. The voting procedures were approved state by state, many of which had GOP state houses.

Reactions: BPGhost
I have a very close friend who died from CV

Another is in a coma on a ventilator today.

I have 3 close friends who’ve tested positive from sick in bed for 10 days to mild for a couple days to no symptoms. One whom I was face to face with two days before he got sick, no masks, trying to keep a boat from sinking. This was three weeks ago. I’m fine thanks for asking.

Point being, this is a friggin virus.

Like ALL viruses, some people get it with varying degrees of intensity. Most don’t get it at all. And some die from it.

But for some reason, in 2020, some people want to use this one to totally change/destroy our way of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

Currently, +/- 5% of the population tests positive. 20 mil

1 out of every 100 of those die. Or 7 of every 10k in the country.

And we’re taking jobs, retirements, businesses, etc from people?? Food giveaway lines in the USA for a .0007 death rate?

Ask yourself one question. If this is REALLY about saving lives, why does the Govt(s) not mandate making cars with a 45 mph top speed?

Most of the “we gotta do something” crowd would not tolerate a two day drive to FLA even though it would save approximately 35,000 lives a year.

And after all, if it just saves one life.... Don’t we hear that all the time?

If this doesn’t end soon, it will end badly regardless the outcome.

The big issue right now is that we are running low on qualified hospital staff. Many of my friends are doctors and the ones that aren’t sick are running on fumes. Unless you want a dermatologist intubating you, this is a big problem. This doesn’t just affect those with Covid, this impacts anyone who has medical emergency.

Just curious how many people that are stridently complaining now were complaining about heightened security measures post 9/11.

Anyways, much of this could’ve been avoided if we had a war-like effort at manufacturing and distributing high quality masks for everyone and if people wouldn’t have been such wusses about wearing them.

Reactions: BPGhost
Please read carefully.
What is it about? Fear
Why is it happening? difference in perspective ( individual vs population)
Who is behind it and what are they trying to gain? Politicians are behind It and they are trying to save their own skins.
“Fear”? Lol - that’s missing a little context - wouldn’t you say? 1.5M people have died worldwide - I’d say having a healthy fear of a disease that has killed that many people is a rational position.

Individuals feeling that their “rights” are more important than the well being of others is a problem. The bottom line is that a bunch of Americans are both coddled and, not very smart. For obviously selfish reasons - they’ve decided to make a pandemic political rather than about the science - as we’ve done successfully throughout history.

Your comment about Politicians makes no sense either. Beshear’s actions - which are an honest attempt to follow the scientific wisdom - are actually hurting him politically in Kentucky. If he was trying to save his own skin - he’d take the same sort of dumbass approach desantis or noem is taking.

Reactions: 73Card
ADVERTISEMENT