ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Travis of FOX Sports 1 accuses John Calipari of paying players

Travis is taking a risk, but I think it's well calculated. The odds of Calipari suing for slander seem minimal. The problem for Calipari is, Travis could potentially put a bunch of former UK players and assistant coaches on the stand, all under oath. What would they say?

Calipari doesn't need a lawyer asking Anthony Davis, under oath, "Did you receive $200K to play for the University of Kentucky? From whom?"

Reactions: pervisl
Travis is taking a risk, but I think it's well calculated. The odds of Calipari suing for slander seem minimal. The problem for Calipari is, Travis could potentially put a bunch of former UK players and assistant coaches on the stand, all under oath. What would they say?

Calipari doesn't need a lawyer asking Anthony Davis, under oath, "Did you receive $200K to play for the University of Kentucky? From whom?"
I doubt Calipari is concerned about it to be honest. He's been flaunting his agenda in front of the NCAA with his one middle finger salute for years now. He's untouchable and he knows it. The NCAA is as useless as Congress has been for the last 50 years. They won't do anything to Calipari even if this Travis dude was able to provide concrete proof of what he writes.

Ha... probably the same "source" as the Davis story. Nothing more than a fart in a stiff wind.

Bring proof... bring sources... bring something... until then, he has nothing.

Ha... probably the same "source" as the Davis story. Nothing more than a fart in a stiff wind.

Bring proof... bring sources... bring something... until then, he has nothing.

exactly. His source was a bitter Jerrence Howard who lost yet another local Chicago kid. When Forde, Goodman, etc. tried to follow up, Howard quickly stopped talking and the story went away. Amazed how anyone ever gave this story any credit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT