ADVERTISEMENT

Clarkson

SpotHogCard

1250+
Mar 17, 2013
Clarkson didn't look good at all.

To be a dual threat QB, he looked very slow too. Makes me wonder why he was so highly recruited.

Come on now. Twice he was rushed and sacked before he could even look to throw the ball. He came in with some 2nd team linemen and they couldn't protect him.

Nowhere near enough snaps to evaluate his ability.
I’m not evaluating his ability.
I’m just saying what I saw from the little that we saw of him

Come on now. Twice he was rushed and sacked before he could even look to throw the ball. He came in with some 2nd team linemen and they couldn't protect him.

Nowhere near enough snaps to evaluate his ability.
So did Baily and he was 6-6 for 35 yards and a QB rating of 48. Clarkson was 1-2 for 11 yards QB rating of .7. The difference was Baily is tall and has a decent arm and he made the throws. Clarkson’s size hurts. He’s listed at 6.1 but I don’t believe it.
I want him to do well and he’ll get more chances. But he’s got heavy competition heading his way and I bet he ends up transferring

He was under a lot of pressure but concerned after yesterday's performance. Was surprised JB didn't give him a few more series. Bailey looked better, no question about it.

I just don't know how anyone could be "concerned" after such low amount of snaps. He threw the ball just twice and was sacked once right after receiving the ball. Now why Brohm didn't play him more, that could be a question.

Everyone knows he's a shorter QB, that's no surprise. I just don't get the negatively when the dude hadn't had a real chance yet to show what he can do. I remember when Jordan Travis was here and how some fans were concerned about him. He moved on to FSU and we saw what he could do and it's not like he's tall.

And this he's slow BS takes the cake. I suppose some fans only know how to complain in a 62 to 0 win?

Maybe he’s not that good and some want him to be the next great QB at UofL so badly because of how “highly” recruited he supposedly was. Bottom line time will tell, but to wish something to be true doesn’t make it true and everything I’ve seen from him thus far including spring games makes me lean towards he’s simply average at best.

He was out there for two series. The first one he was sacked immediately after a blown block by the OL. Cards ran a running play on 2nd and long.

Clarkson completed a 11 yard pass but it wasn't good for a first down.

Pretty much the same on the 2nd series, minus the completion. He was pressured immediately when he set back to pass.

Then that was it. That's all he got. Had this been against a FBS school, Brohm wouldn't have played all his QB's and Clarkson probably would have played the entire 3rd quarter.

It's not that I want him to be the next big thing that I'm defending him in this game. It's the notion he didn't look good in his short stint I'm defending. No one looked good, especially the OL. Clarkson didn't really have a chance to do anything.

When Bailey came in, so did Watson and the running opened up the passing for Bailey and I'm sure the coaches made an adjustment with the OL after those two inept series under Clarkson.

Until Clarkson is out there for an extended period of time, we don't know how good he can be. I use Jordan Travis again as an example. When he left Louisville he wasn't expected to be as good as he got at FSU. He proved however his potential was legit when he finally got extended playing time.

There is a reason this staff considers Clarkson #2 after watching him in practice going on two years now; he is going to have a lot more opportunities and should not be judged based on the a limited number of snaps that we witnessed yesterday.
One would think?

after watching the highlights again, I saw enough from Clarkson that told me there’s potential. The handoffs, the throws, all showed me that he’s able enough. I bet he’ll get some run in the JVILLE state game and will be even better

Actually, he played three series.

1 - 3 and out
2 - TD
3 - 3 and out

The TD drive was one play - a handoff to #25 for a long TD run

Maybe he’s not that good and some want him to be the next great QB at UofL so badly because of how “highly” recruited he supposedly was.
I would like to see him follow the Michael Bush path and rotate to a back. He could supposedly run and he has size but no height. I may be speaking out of my rear but that's what I see. Don't imagine him being a starter unless he transfers. Not the fastest guy but Bush wasn't either. He ran over people instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT