ADVERTISEMENT

Chubba Purdy Fl.ST official visit

Blankenbaker saying on 93.9 hes hearing Chubba to Noles also . However he is not confirming it though.

I'm sure once mom got to Fl.orida she felt at home wheather just like Ariz

Wow...Petjurino. That's a blast from the past. How ya been?
I have been okay. Took a bit of a break there but hoping to get back to posting a little more regularly again. You know how big of a fan and defender I am and have been of the Cards. Those last few years got hard for me to defend and I took a lot of heat so I thought it best to back off for a while. But man, with the staff we have now in FBall and BBall, I am just too excited. Big things are coming. L's up.

Now I just need to figure out how to change my user name since all of those guys are gone. Ha ha.

That might be how you do it but no way I would do like that. You sign with the first P5 and the other schools start thinking move on. They don’t have time to play games, they’ve filling a roster with the guys who want to come to my school. You become a “player” and nobody takes you seriously.

You don't SIGN with the first P5 school you verbally committ to the forst P5 school to offer. Coaches still recruit these committed players, and they still take offical visit. Saying your committed to a P5 schools get other schools looking at you more closely.

You don't SIGN with the first P5 school you verbally committ to the forst P5 school to offer. Coaches still recruit these committed players, and they still take offical visit. Saying your committed to a P5 schools get other schools looking at you more closely.
Herein lies the problem. A verbal “commit” used to have some meaning, a commitment until signing day giving both sides allowances for things to change. Now it has become some kind of fall back in case you don’t get a better offer. Can’t expect a school to just wait on you.

Kind of goes both ways...schools have unactionable offers....and kids have verbal committments.

A verbal commit where the school does not send a letter confirming a scholarship awaiting, is a place holder just as is the school's offer.

Schools "offer" many, many kids that they won't accept for a scholarship. Alabama offered 150 kids.

So the question stands, why make an offer to a kid if you won't accept his commitment?

Most "offers" to kids at this stage, are bogus offers. Sure many are the real deal, but there are that many more that are nothing more than a way for your school to stay in the game with a prospect without losing ground on him to other schools. When in reality, the offer isn't a committable one, though it could be down the road.

Nowadays, offers go out before evaluations are even made on many of these kids. If not, then you won't sign many of these prospects. So if you "offer" a player before making an evaluation, you can see why the so-called offers aren't exactly iron clad.

These "offers" mostly consist of certain verbiage such as, "we are offering you a scholarship depending on three main goals being met: keeping your grades up, continuing to get better on the field, and staying out of trouble off the field."

That way the school has "offered" the prospect, but they have given themselves wiggle room if the prospect wanted to commit right then, saying the offer is based on certain things that must be met first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT