ADVERTISEMENT

Chubba Purdy Fl.ST official visit

That’ll hurt Purdy bad!

Although I want him bad, we do have 2 more years of Micale. And Webb is a good commit that we have 4-5 years of right now. 3 more years of Conley who showed really strong signs this year.

I think we will need another QB for depth, but I trust this staff to be able to develop QBs.

That’ll hurt Purdy bad!

Although I want him bad, we do have 2 more years of Micale. And Webb is a good commit that we have 4-5 years of right now. 3 more years of Conley who showed really strong signs this year.

I think we will need another QB for depth, but I trust this staff to be able to develop QBs.
I forgot about Webb thought he had decommitted guess not.

Someone tell Chubba the truth, which is that Novell is going to underwhelm and FSU fans are gonna yell FARRR THAT SONOFABEYITCH by the middle of year 2. I am serious. The lesson learned here is they should have never ran off a guy who had JUST WON the CFP - they are going down down down in a Ring of FARRR'd that is going to be hard to get out of.

Someone tell Chubba the truth, which is that Novell is going to underwhelm and FSU fans are gonna yell FARRR THAT SONOFABEYITCH by the middle of year 2. I am serious. The lesson learned here is they should have never ran off a guy who had JUST WON the CFP - they are going down down down in a Ring of FARRR'd that is going to be hard to get out of.
Jimbo won the BCS I believe. The “playoff” was still being hatched in the medium-dim minds of college presidents and ADs.

Jimbo won the BCS I believe. The “playoff” was still being hatched in the medium-dim minds of college presidents and ADs.

I think you are correct. Still, my point remains. Nebraska FARRRR'd that sonofabeyitch Frank Solich a year after losing the title game and it is been 20 years and they still haven't recovered. They are still stuck in the Ring of FARRR'd…...next year is year 3 for Scott Frost and his time is probably coming.

I think you are correct. Still, my point remains. Nebraska FARRRR'd that sonofabeyitch Frank Solich a year after losing the title game and it is been 20 years and they still haven't recovered. They are still stuck in the Ring of FARRR'd…...next year is year 3 for Scott Frost and his time is probably coming.
Morgantown I said the same thing about frost yesterday. He left UCF for his "dream" Job and he and Nebraska had un performed every year since he has been there. It is one thing to win at Mempiss were the fans are happy with going to the little ceasers bowl. But it is another to go somewhere they expect to win championships.

Reactions: PHCARD
That’ll hurt Purdy bad!
36f8Xx1.gif

The problem is there are maybe 30 schools that are trying to set up their next Dynasty, and there's usually only 1 or 2 elite coaches around. Everyone else is basically in a holding pattern, or hoping to just luck into the Playoff with a generational player. Florida State and Nebraska are both in that boat. If they could ever find the right coach they could get right back on top again. We'll probably add Alabama to the list of teams in waiting within the next 5 years.

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
FSU just flipped a QB from USF today that will be on campus in January. Maybe that weighs into Chubba's decision.

The 3* USF flip is a pro-style QB that Norvelle offered while at Memphis. FSU had a 4* dual threat QB that was committed and met with Norvelle. Immediately after the meeting he decommitted and opened his recruitment. Reading between the lines, it appears Norvelle's offense may not be attractive for a dual threat QB.

Reactions: CardsvsCats2019
They didn’t run him off. He wanted out because of his nasty divorce and thirst for a fat paycheck that only Texas A and M could quench.

IF he is really interested in FSU, why would this other QB scare him?

He’s coming here with Tee and has MC in front of him.

Per Twitter:

UofL DE commit Josh Griffis has unfollowed all UofL coaches (and LSL too). Take that how you will.

Definitely does not sound like a positive move.

Per Twitter:

UofL DE commit Josh Griffis has unfollowed all UofL coaches (and LSL too). Take that how you will.

Man the second I ever get excited about recruiting, drama always follows. If we were to lose both Purdy and Griffis to FSU I’d say Griffis may hurt more due to our current options at qb and addition of tee Webb. We need a lot of help defensively. Oh well.

Griffin and Purdy are cool gets. But we need line depth and bodies on defense. That’s how you build a good team

I'll wait for the dotted line. Even dotted lines aren't worth the paper they are written on today.

Reactions: gocds
I'll wait for the dotted line. Even dotted lines aren't worth the paper they are written on today.
I remember one of the “defenses” for HWWNBN was how many “signees” BP had that never showed up on campus.

There were more than a few.

It is all going to come down to what it always comes down to. Does Chubba want to get on the train and be a part of something special which is Cardinal football? Either way he is going to go to a school who is trying to reestablish itself on the national scene. I am sure there are pros and cons for each school for him. Does he want to play right away or is he willing to be groomed slowly and learn Coach Watt's system? Either way, we will just have to wait and see. But here is to hoping that the Cardinals secondary can be "greedy" as hell next year.

Per Twitter:

4682414.png

Dec 13, 2019: O. Visit
Josh Griffis officially visits Florida State...
4998324.png

Dec 8, 2019: Commit
Josh Griffis commits to Louisville Cardinals
4682414.png

Dec 6, 2019: Decom
Josh Griffis decommits from Florida State...
8074141.jpg

Dec 3, 2019: C. Visit
Mark Snyder from Florida State Seminoles visits...
4648325.png

Nov 29, 2019: O. Visit
Josh Griffis officially visits Nebraska...

He hasn’t unfollowed Coach Iver or Coach Shadon Brown....
Me being the poster who copied and pasted the Tweet seen below from LSL (Lousiville Sports Live), I also need to point out that several people corrected that Tweet saying he had not unfollowed numerous specific UofL coaches. It appeared to me that he did unfollow LSL and they, in return, implied he had unfollowed all UofL sources, which has been proven to be untrue.

Me being the poster who copied and pasted the Tweet seen below from LSL (Lousiville Sports Live), I also need to point out that several people corrected that Tweet saying he had not unfollowed numerous specific UofL coaches. It appeared to me that he did unfollow LSL and they, in return, implied he had unfollowed all UofL sources, which has been proven to be untrue.

Probably he isn’t used to someone tracking his recruitment so closely. Going through a tough decision, he shouldn’t have went on the show and now probably has regrets about what he says knowing the comments he made will haunt him.

That’s why recruits shouldn’t really go on shows until they sign the dotted line.

Probably he isn’t used to someone tracking his recruitment so closely. Going through a tough decision, he shouldn’t have went on the show and now probably has regrets about what he says knowing the comments he made will haunt him.

That’s why recruits shouldn’t really go on shows until they sign the dotted line.

what is a “show”?

If I were a high 3-star football prospect like Griffis is, I’m committing to the first P5 school that offers me, and then I’m going on all 5 official visits. The P5 school that gets my signature on signing day is the one I like best after those five P5 official visits. And that may not necessarily be the one I committed to at the start of the process.

The reason why you go ahead and commit to the first P5 school that offers you is that the committable offer validates to all P5 schools that you are a high major prospect in the opinion of a P5 coaching staff, as opposed to the opinion of a scouting service. That type of validation increases your marketability, because most other coaching staffs are now going to at least take a look at you, which can lead to other offers.

what is a “show”?

If I were a high 3-star football prospect like Griffis is, I’m committing to the first P5 school that offers me, and then I’m going on all 5 official visits. The P5 school that gets my signature on signing day is the one I like best after those five P5 official visits. And that may not necessarily be the one I committed to at the start of the process.

The reason why you go ahead and commit to the first P5 school that offers you is that the committable offer validates to all P5 schools that you are a high major prospect in the opinion of a P5 coaching staff, as opposed to the opinion of a scouting service. That type of validation increases your marketability, because most other coaching staffs are now going to at least take a look at you, which can lead to other offers.
That might be how you do it but no way I would do like that. You sign with the first P5 and the other schools start thinking move on. They don’t have time to play games, they’ve filling a roster with the guys who want to come to my school. You become a “player” and nobody takes you seriously.

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
That might be how you do it but no way I would do like that. You sign with the first P5 and the other schools start thinking move on. They don’t have time to play games, they’ve filling a roster with the guys who want to come to my school. You become a “player” and nobody takes you seriously.
Kids better determine pretty quickly their market. It is all in the offers. A high 3 star will have options.

Committing early doesn’t hurt his stock as long as he continues to take trips. There really is no downside to that strategy. The mistake kids make is they commit and don’t any trips then things change. They run out of time to find options. I wouldn’t want my son committing early if he was a high 3 star. He has all the leverage. However if he was a lower ranked kid we would take the first P5 offer then see what else was out there.

The kids and parents should enjoy the process.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT