ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Redman is one of the Brady 6.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
I guess I knew that at some point and forgot. Anyway, there were 6 QB's taken ahead of Tom Brady in the 2000 draft. Brady remembers them all.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...he-six-qbs-drafted-before-him-20-years-later/

Twenty years ago today, the New England Patriots selected Michigan quarterback Tom Brady with the 199th pick in the 2000 NFL draft. Brady felt slighted then, and he remains motivated by his draft fall today.

On his Instagram stories today, Brady posted a list of the quarterbacks drafted in 2000, adding the comment, “Nope I haven’t forgot.”

The six quarterbacks drafted before Brady in 2000 were Chad Pennington, Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redman, Tee Martin, Marc Bulger and Spergon Wynn. Brady has said in the past that he memorized those names and thinks about them to motivate himself.

After two decades as a Patriot, Brady is now embarking on a new era with the Buccaneers. He’s not lacking for motivation.

Chris just didn’t get enough of an opportunity early on with Ravens and then suffered a severe shoulder injury that set him back. He was on the Super Bowl team and had some good years with the Falcons. Never heard of Carmazzi or Wynn...

Reactions: gocds
And Chris did have enough time in the NFL to have access to their pension program.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Morgantown Card
And Chris did have enough time in the NFL to have access to their pension program.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I remember Bobby bringing Chris (who was selling insurance at the time, IIRC) back into the NFL for that Sunday Night/Monday Night start. I'm certain Bobby, a guy who likes to be comfortable/familiar, had his own interests in mind when he did this...but it was still exciting for this Louisville fan to watch. Chris had a solid game that night as well, considering all.

Reactions: gocds
I seem to recall Chris throwing to Harry Douglas during Harry's Pro Day having something to do with Bobby bringing him to Atlanta.

I seem to recall Chris throwing to Harry Douglas during Harry's Pro Day having something to do with Bobby bringing him to Atlanta.

That, and Bobby was Chris' OC in 1998, the year Redman established all kinds of CUSA and Louisville passing records.

ADVERTISEMENT