ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Strong Rumors

du72

No-Ranking Prospect
Aug 12, 2002
I'm hearing Charlie Strong is very interested in coming back to UL and there is mutual interest here. Very early in the process here but we'll see where this goes.

Laugh-Out-Loud-Images-09.jpg

Best check with the big donor / former trustee whose now ex-wife he was having fun with
That was my take. Wonder how Johnathan Blue feels about the subject? Doubt that VT is interested in chasing off anymore well heeled donors. Besides - and I'm not hating - if Teddy Bridgewater doesn't fall into his lap from the whole U debacle - I'm betting CS's tenure here looks more like that of his UT stop.

That was my take. Wonder how Johnathan Blue feels about the subject? Doubt that VT is interested in chasing off anymore well heeled donors. Besides - and I'm not hating - if Teddy Bridgewater doesn't fall into his lap from the whole U debacle - I'm betting CS's tenure here looks more like that of his UT stop.
At this point, it may be the best we can do though. He's doing quite well at USF and could probably get some decent Florida talent now.

Maybe a lesson learned and he would stick around. He did leave a full cupboard so there's that.

I think Kerry is right. Strong really burned a lot of bridges (and apparently help end a marriage) while he was the UofL head coach. He is apparently cut that way. Not a good fit this time around.

Brohm or bust.

I think Kerry is right. Strong really burned a lot of bridges (and apparently help end a marriage) while he was the UofL head coach. He is apparently cut that way. Not a good fit this time around.

Brohm or bust.
OK so then it's just a bust? We have to hire someone that can bring us back to prominence.

i think we should act like we are hiring him up until the press conference and then at that moment tyra should lean over and say, "why would we ever want back someone who told us they'd never do us like that? Bye Felicia" and drop the mic

I don’t hold any grudges towards Charlie. He was perfect for Louisville at the time. He did a great job. Everyone knew Texas was a bad fit. He knew it, too. But, timing was on his side. Texas was desperate and Charlie was desperate to get away from certain personal matters, which we all know about. All that being said, I’ll pass on any possible reunion. The Louisville job is unique. We all love to win. We all like to have a good time and be entertained. Offense is entertaining. The program needs a jolt. We need an offensive minded coach.

I greatly dislike this line of reasoning, because the reality is that he DID sign him. No other reality is relevant.... Strong also signed Sheldon Rankins and Devante Parker, so it's not like he only recruited and developed one great player.

Reactions: SoulSr
I greatly dislike this line of reasoning, because the reality is that he DID sign him. No other reality is relevant.... Strong also signed Sheldon Rankins and Devante Parker, so it's not like he only recruited and developed one great player.
Understood, and while Parker and Rankins (and Burgess, etc. etc) were really good players - Teddy was chiefly responsible for the success that Strong had at UofL. Of all of the issues that he had at UT - a lack of talent wasn't one of them.

Except at QB.

Reactions: gocds
Charlie is where he belongs at South Florida. He will recruit well there. Also, lots of open and swinger marriage down there. So he should be able to pick and choose and stay out of trouble. However, he left Louisville ugly and burnt bridges. I do not want him back! Maybe Rick Pitino can coach basketball at South Florida and Bobby Petrino can be Charlie's offensive coordinator. Wow, that would be a lot of scumbag coaches in one place.

Last edited:
Reactions: STLNBSE
Charlie isn’t big boy conference material. Good job while here, but things are different now and we certainly don’t need anymore retread coaches who volunteered to leave us when we had them

Reactions: wilkie01
No Charlie for me. I ain’t cut that way. Yes there were some really good players on his teams here but, in my opinon, without Teddy Bridgewater we are barely over .500, if that good. His experience at UT was a real eye opener for me and I’ll bet you a dime to a green assed fly that he’ll leave USF for the first P5 job that is offered to him just because he IS “cut that way”.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

OK this may be somewhat of a stretch for a coaching candidate but I definitely think Charlie Weis should get a hard look at for the job. He has shown in previous jobs that he can recruit at a high level and he is an offensive genius. We need someone that runs a high level offense and can attract top recruits in the Midwest and nationally. He brings both of that to the table and wants to get back in to coaching. He is hungry to win and he’s exactly what UL needs.

He had 10 guys drafted one year- three in the first round! That’s big boy recruiting and development.
But no, we need to go in a new direction

OK this may be somewhat of a stretch for a coaching candidate but I definitely think Charlie Weis should get a hard look at for the job. He has shown in previous jobs that he can recruit at a high level and he is an offensive genius. We need someone that runs a high level offense and can attract top recruits in the Midwest and nationally. He brings both of that to the table and wants to get back in to coaching. He is hungry to win and he’s exactly what UL needs.

Where the hell did you come from? Either you are a uahkay/cayut fan or an idiot. Oops there I go again with an ironic comment. Please go away and stop with your stupid comments.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

tumblr_inline_om2sz2xibp1uq239c_250.gif

images

Pretty sure Mrs.Strong will not let him come back to Louisville.

Or, maybe she would. Half of a $20 mil or so - 4 yr contract ain't bad ;):eek::p

Reactions: gocds

He’s hungry all right, hungry all the time apparently with that butt in front...

We’re throwing smoke to take the pressure off Brohm

Nice.
The old okey doke.

Theyve contacted Brohm, through a back channel. Told him he's their only choice. Agreed in principle.

Knowing that perception could hurt Brohm, they say the leading candidates are Brown, Strong and Babers.

Tyra is one smart cookie.

Last edited:
Reactions: CardsFirst
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT