ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Creme's 2023-24 Top 25 out and he ranks us #22 and 5th in the ACC

Birdie King

6000+
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2002
It's up on ESPN's website. ND #10, Va Tech #14, Duke #16 , FSU #19 & Cards #22. Oh well, at least we are back in the Top 25 (until we lose our first game)☹️

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva
There is so much player movement to be had yet. I’d take those types of polls with a grain of salt. Unless Va Tech replaces Kitley with Kitley they will Not be nearly as good.

Reactions: rh62531
Once again the critics and “talking heads” struggle with understanding CJW and UL Women’s basketball.

We were omitted from the top 25 poll, despite our surge in the last portion of the ACC regular season, and our strong performance in the ACC tournament. The ACC demonstrated that it was worthy of its inclusion and respectful seeding, and UL reaching the Elite Eight serves as a powerful testimonial to Walz and our program. Losing to Iowa when considering the way Clark and her teammates performed, was no reason for any shame.

Creme and others are only trying to make their own presence relevant as the season as ended. It is ludicrous to project next season when the rosters are still unsettled. I stated a few weeks ago that I think Jeff wants two (2) or three (3) players to come via the portal …… a true PG that is tall and athletic enough to defend, something Carr could not do, and a tall athletic inside presence to replace Liz and provide support for Olivia. Then a true 3 point shooter who can create their own shot.

Will we get that between now and next season? I am betting on the highly competitive Walz to do just that!

Norte Dame should be the best team in the ACC next after that it is to early to know who is next until the dust settles. The problem ND will have is winning the big games because of coaching. Neil Ivey has not done well when her team is going against good competition in the big games. They look unprepared and not motivated and she hasn’t made good adjustments during crucial times during the game.

The same day, we pickup a very good point guard from Cal!!! Why waste time on this post??

I found it she is another CC at 5’6” I hope she can hit the 3 pointers like CC. She is the 2nd guard the other guard from Ga Tech is 6’1”.

There is so much player movement to be had yet. I’d take those types of polls with a grain of salt. Unless Va Tech replaces Kitley with Kitley they will Not be nearly as good.
They just did. Kitley announced on Twitter she’s back next year 😣

Norte Dame should be the best team in the ACC next after that it is to early to know who is next until the dust settles. The problem ND will have is winning the big games because of coaching. Neil Ivey has not done well when her team is going against good competition in the big games. They look unprepared and not motivated and she hasn’t made good adjustments during crucial times during the game.
On ACC NOW today Packer said ND is way underrated and will be great next year and could win it all. 🙄

Curry is not as small as CC. Kitley returning is crazy.

Curry is not as small as CC. Kitley returning is crazy.
Kitley returning is good for the league but not for us 😕. Last season we played Tech only once and it was at their place so it should be a great scene and big crowd when we get them here next season

Reactions: Deeva
I thought Amoore (25 points) hurt us more than Kitely. As I recall she hit some timely and critical 3s when the game was moving in our favor.

As strange as it may seem, Iowa‘s win over us was as much a result of Marshall and Warnock combining for 6 of 16 from 3, and theit total of 31 points, than Clark’s 41.

Cochran outplayed Czinano, something no one expected. It’s an old story ……… everyone needs to step up, and Iowa got perimeter support beyond just Clark.

Kitely is very good, but we can beat VT as long as they fail to replace Amoore’s contribution.

Reactions: Bardman
Teams hurt us all season with their 3 point shooting. Wish Jeff had some answers for that.

Teams hurt us all season with their 3 point shooting. Wish Jeff had some answers for that.
IMO too many teams continue to try to help in the middle in an effort to stop the drive rather than guard their man on the perimeter. If you play more straight up defense you would get better 3-pt defense. Once a shooter receives the ball and goes into their shooting motion, running at them is useless.

IMO too many teams continue to try to help in the middle in an effort to stop the drive rather than guard their man on the perimeter. If you play more straight up defense you would get better 3-pt defense. Once a shooter receives the ball and goes into their shooting motion, running at them is useless.
Bingo ! 👍 👍 👍

It starts with us having a legit shot blocker down in the post. We didn't have that kind of the defense. Opposing guards were allowed to drive in draw, and kick...around teh horn til a shot was open.
Amour is an exceptional guard. You have to chase her like LSU did. We didn't start pressing her until the end of the game. Truth is that she gets uncomfortable when she is chased by bigger guards. But you can't chase someone like her all game long, because she then gets wore down but also used to it...and learns to adjust.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT