ADVERTISEMENT

Chances To Win ACC

SMU is a bit overrated coming from a weak conference. They'll hit a hard wall this year. Miami is Miami until they prove otherwise.

FSU and Clemson always have the talent advantage, and both do have a lot of good players this year, so it's to be expected. I think we probably have the best shot after that due to our portal haul and some of the good returning guys on defense. NC State is NC State and I respect the heck out of that program, they looked like crap when we played them last year in terms of talent and Doeren again led them to a great season where they finished ranked. Virginia Tech ended 2023 hotter than anyone, so look out. Haynes King and GT took a big jump last year, they were a really good squad and it was a good win for us looking back. Mack Brown has recruited well at UNC but it's kind of now showing it's not going to matter and they aren't making that jump.

I do think this is the year Clemson gets back to being the top dog. Garrett Riley and Cade Klubnik are in their 2nd year together. Last year game 1 against Duke was bad, but then the rest of their season they only lost 1 game in regulation. OT loss to FSU, OT loss to Miami, and 1 TD loss at NC State. But wins to end the year against ND, GT, UNC, SC, and Kensucky who all were quality teams. I think their defense remains elite and they have a top level of talent. A returning QB with an OC that got his system installed last season will be huge.

1. Clemson
2. FSU
3. Louisville
4. NC State
5. Virginia Tech
6. Georgia Tech
7. Boston College

My sneaky pick this year is Boston College. Bill O'Brien was superb when he coached at Penn State during their era.

But the bottom of the league? It's not great, but like I mentioned with BC and GT last year, there's always a team that comes from nowhere to surprise.

Reactions: shadow force
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT