ADVERTISEMENT

CDP

KenSucky

One-Star Poster
Apr 2, 2010
This game shows why I still don' to think CDP is the permanent solution here. Outside his first 3 shots, King was TURRIBLE (Charles Barkley voice). Why wasn't he on the pine. Too much selfish play the whole game. Still no Nwora? Just bad decisions throughout the game. FSU passed the ball on the inbounds every time to the corner, one time at the end we challenge that, it' aa turnover. Why not try to run and jump that pass. Their PG is 5 foot. Our rotation once the press was broke was horrible. Still wanting Mack, Smart, or Marshall. Need to go after them sooner than later for recruiting. Go CARDS!

Last edited:
Reactions: HRTheCard and Deeva
Before any decisions made we need an AD. I believe that’s why there’s a push to hire an AD by the end of March, that way we’re in position to hire a BB coach.

Today was a pretty good example why recruiting should NOT be a primary determinant for the permanent hire... The three teams who recruit the best talent--Duke, Kansas, and LPT--were respectively beaten by St. John's, Oklahoma State, and Missouri. And this wasn't a one-day anomaly... All of these teams have been disappointments this year.

College basketball is increasingly a game of Xs and Os and bench coaching. Until today, all I heard was "we don't know how Padgett can recruit." My answer to that, "well enough..."

Before any decisions made we need an AD. I believe that’s why there’s a push to hire an AD by the end of March, that way we’re in position to hire a BB coach.
This is the worst kept secret there is. tyra is getting the job. Any suggestion by the grissom gang that it’s anything but a done deal, is complete bullshit.

Padgett isnt the answer and if he gets the job at 32 while Mack or some other proven coach is waiting at the doorstep, I will be genuinely upset.

Reactions: KenSucky
Today was a pretty good example why recruiting should NOT be a primary determinant for the permanent hire... The three teams who recruit the best talent--Duke, Kansas, and LPT--were respectively beaten by St. John's, Oklahoma State, and Missouri. And this wasn't a one-day anomaly... All of these teams have been disappointments this year.

College basketball is increasingly a game of Xs and Os and bench coaching. Until today, all I heard was "we don't know how Padgett can recruit." My answer to that, "well enough..."
You’ve got to be joking. “well enough” for where?

If Tyra is a done deal and he's hiring a basketball coach from outside, we're probably in trouble. My guess is the primary determinant will be salary...

Padgett isnt the answer and if he gets the job at 32 while Mack or some other proven coach is waiting at the doorstep, I will be genuinely upset.
You can't afford Mack. Tyra's cutting costs. Now, maybe one of Mack's assistants...
You’ve got to be joking. “well enough” for where?
"Well enough" if blue-chippers ain't the answer. I'm pretty sure 4-stars and high-3 star kids will come here regardless of the coach. I want a guy who can actually coach...

You can't afford Mack. Tyra's cutting costs. Now, maybe one of Mack's assistants...

"Well enough" if blue-chippers ain't the answer. I'm pretty sure 4-stars and high-3 star kids will come here regardless of the coach. I want a guy who can actually coach...
Coaching is huge no doubt but without talent it doesn’t matter. Point out any individual regular season losses that you want - talent wins titles. It’s just that simple.

Reactions: Law007
This game shows why I still don' to think CDP is the permanent solution here. Outside his first 3 shots, King was TURRIBLE (Charles Barkley voice). Why wasn't he on the pine. Too much selfish play the whole game. Still no Nwora? Just bad decisions throughout the game. FSU passed the ball on the inbounds every time to the corner, one time at the end we challenge that, it' aa turnover. Why not try to run and jump that pass. Their PG is 5 foot. Our rotation once the press was broke was horrible. Still wanting Mack, Smart, or Marshall. Need to go after them sooner than later for recruiting. Go CARDS!
As I mentioned in another post, in a very similar game, King was not in crunch time, McMahon was. Except today, McMahon makes 5 turnovers himself... yeah it’s CDP’s fault. That and Ray getting cramps and not being able to finish the game.

As I mentioned in another post, in a very similar game, King was not in crunch time, McMahon was. Except today, McMahon makes 5 turnovers himself... yeah it’s CDP’s fault. That and Ray getting cramps and not being able to finish the game.
Because it’s not his fault doesn’t change the fact that Padgett is not the best option moving forward.

The problems I saw today were execution, not talent. That's on DP getting these guys to play smarter. It's not on the talent Pitino left behind.

If you wanna convince me Padgett ain't our best option going forward, talk to me about his coaching and how much better someone else is at coaching.

I'll say it again, coaching. Not recruiting. And that doesn't matter who the coach is...

Reactions: Googstercard
The problems I saw today were execution, not talent. That's on DP getting these guys to play smarter. It's not on the talent Pitino left behind.

If you wanna convince me Padgett ain't our best option going forward, talk to me about his coaching and how much better someone else is at coaching.

I'll say it again, coaching. Not recruiting. And that doesn't matter who the coach is...
Uh, I’d say recruiting is a pretty large slice of the pie graph!

Duke, Kansas, and LPT

31 five-star recruits combined in the last three recruiting classes 2015-2017. (That's 40% of the nation's 5-star kids on three teams.)

Combined record since 1-1-2018: 19-10

So talk to me about the significance of recruiting...

Duke, Kansas, and LPT

31 five-star recruits combined in the last three recruiting classes 2015-2017. (That's 40% of the nation's 5-star kids on three teams.)

Combined record since 1-1-2018: 19-10

So talk to me about the significance of recruiting...

How is that cherry picking going?

Reactions: BPGhost
So analyzing the last 29 games is "cherry picking"? Do you understand what that term means?...

Implying that recruiting isn't important is stupid. We won titles, probably the only two we will have very soon, in 1980 and 1986 due to top drawer recruiting. Teams win with recruiting. To think other-wise is dumb.

Implying that recruiting isn't important is stupid. We won titles, probably the only two we will have very soon, in 1980 and 1986 due to top drawer recruiting. Teams win with recruiting. To think other-wise is dumb.
NTM a top drawer coach on the bench who put it all together.

Conspiracy? All I said was there were 3 easy choices right now better than CDP. Mack, Smart, and Marshall. Those 3 can coach and recruit. Marshall have both been to the Final Four so they can coach and recruit. You have to have a mixture of both. If we know Tyra is the guy, start going hard after these 3. Money be an issue. The fan base desperately wants one of these 3 and would really get behind them with energy and money. You' s that immediately with ticket sales and attendance.

Conspiracy? All I said was there were 3 easy choices right now better than CDP. Mack, Smart, and Marshall. Those 3 can coach and recruit. Marshall have both been to the Final Four so they can coach and recruit. You have to have a mixture of both. If we know Tyra is the guy, start going hard after these 3. Money be an issue. The fan base desperately wants one of these 3 and would really get behind them with energy and money. You' s that immediately with ticket sales and attendance.

Wasn't towards you. Just in general.

If Tyra is a done deal and he's hiring a basketball coach from outside, we're probably in trouble. My guess is the primary determinant will be salary...

DP getting 800,000-1,000,000 for 1 year as a first year INTERIM rookie Head Coach. Tyra getting paid over a million, yet you're guess is Salary issues.

You're a clown. You say you want a guy who can actually coach, yet talk about how Tyra's cutting costs so we can't afford Mack. Mack has a team full of 3 and a few 4 stars. He can coach.

And your basis on all of this is Tyra firing people because he wants HIS people to work for him when he becomes AD, not someone else's. ANY Director, CEO, President does that.

I’m done with this homeboard. It’s not a home. It’s pure trash.

It’s full of conspiracy theories and everything else. Cant talk legitimacy without a conspiracy.
Some of the posters here believe Rick Pitino built the University of Louisville. They cannot accept Pitino's time here was largely an illusion that was more defined by money and smoke and mirrors than accomplishments on the court. And now that Pitino has destroyed the program through his own greed and incompetence, they want to blame everyone else for where we are.

Not DP's fault he's inherited one of the most selfish teams in my memory. And I've been watching for 45 years.

Reactions: Deeva
I already said we can get 4-star and high 3-star recruits regardless of the coach. That level of recruiting is relevant. Don't try to put words in my mouth.

It's not as important as coaching ability in today's game. Otherwise, all of those five-star recruits concentrated on a few teams would be dominant. And they are not...

Not DP's fault he's inherited one of the most selfish teams in my memory. And I've been watching for 45 years.
I'm not calling them selfish, but Padgett did not recruit these guys. He inherited them. And he may not have recruited some of them given the chance...

You're a clown. .

Might even be a
I already said we can get 4-star and high 3-star recruits regardless of the coach. That level of recruiting is relevant. Don't try to put words in my mouth.

It's not as important as coaching ability in today's game. Otherwise, all of those five-star recruits concentrated on a few teams would be dominant. And they are not...

Where do you get this nonsense? Recruiting is the most important element in winning NCAA titles.

DP getting 800,000-1,000,000 for 1 year as a first year INTERIM rookie Head Coach. Tyra getting paid over a million, yet you're guess is Salary issues.
A high-demand basketball coach costs more than both added together. If you think think Tyra was brought in to write big checks, keep watching...
You're a clown. You say you want a guy who can actually coach, yet talk about how Tyra's cutting costs so we can't afford Mack. Mack has a team full of 3 and a few 4 stars. He can coach.

And your basis on all of this is Tyra firing people because he wants HIS people to work for him when he becomes AD, not someone else's. ANY Director, CEO, President does that.
A "clown" pays this coach:

0.687 winning %
0.588 NCAA winning %
One EE in 9 years
(Big East and Atlantic 10)

Twice as much as he pays this coach:

0.696 winning %
(ACC)

Tyra's an overpaid bean counter and will look at the math...

...Where do you get this nonsense? Recruiting is the most important element in winning NCAA titles.
Tell that to the Top 3 teams in the polls: UVA, Nova, and Purdue

Three 5-star kids on their combined rosters...

Tell that to the Top 3 teams in the polls: UVA, Nova, and Purdue

Three 5-star kids on their combined rosters...
Instead of worrying about meaningless mid season polls you might want to consider the teams that actually won titles. It is all about recruiting. To think otherwise is moronic.

Instead of worrying about meaningless mid season polls you might want to consider the teams that actually won titles. It is all about recruiting. To think otherwise is moronic.
You're looking in your rear view mirror. I said "today's game". It's why LPT can't sniff a title anymore...

This is the worst kept secret there is. tyra is getting the job. Any suggestion by the grissom gang that it’s anything but a done deal, is complete bullshit.

I agree

Ghost or one of the new coach clowns in this thread, I'll ask the question here I just asked elsewhere...

Why would you be content to have the current $hit show in charge go out and hire a basketball coach? Or to have the same $hit show hire a new AD to make that hire?

Aren't we ankle deep in enough $hit at the moment?...

A high-demand basketball coach costs more than both added together. If you think think Tyra was brought in to write big checks, keep watching...

A "clown" pays this coach:

0.687 winning %
0.588 NCAA winning %
One EE in 9 years
(Big East and Atlantic 10)

Twice as much as he pays this coach:

0.696 winning %
(ACC)

Tyra's an overpaid bean counter and will look at the math...

Still a 50/50 chance after all of Pitino's players leave that we become the current stage of UConn atm. I can't believe that you and others want to take that chance.

Still a 50/50 chance after all of Pitino's players leave that we become the current stage of UConn atm. I can't believe that you and others want to take that chance.
There is no "chance" as you fear... There will not be a major drop-off in talent because we don't have crazy talent to start with. Our starting five averages 4.2 stars (and that's with VJ King accounting for the 0.2 uptick from a flat 4.0). The first four off the bench average 3.25 stars. That's a 3.8 star average for the nine guys logging the most minutes.

I've already acknowledged that the U of L brand and the ACC are good enough to attract 4-star and high 3-star kids. That's the same level of talent we have now. Trying to get 5-star kids like Bowen and Blakeney is when we had problems. And while he's a good kid, I can live without a VJ King.

Some of you guys are trying to IMPROVE from where you were with a guy recruiting 5-star kids. You don't recognize that's what you want, but it ain't U of L...

ADVERTISEMENT