ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Ole Miss will 'aggressively investigate' possible Laremy Tunsil violations

Feb 19, 2003
Ole Miss got issues...

Ole Miss released a statement early Friday morning noting that the school was aware of Thursday night's incidents and would cooperate with any NCAA or SEC investigation that comes from them.

"The University is aware of the reports from the NFL Draft regarding Laremy Tunsil and potential NCAA violations during his time at Ole Miss," the school told CBS Sports' Jon Solomon. "Like we do whenever an allegation is brought to our attention or a potential violation is self-discovered, we will aggressively investigate and fully cooperate with the NCAA and the SEC."

This comes while the school is still dealing with a current NCAA investigation. Ole Miss has not made its response to the NCAA's Notice of Allegations public yet, as there has been a request for a 30-day extension, supposedly from a third party.

"One of the other parties to the NCAA Notice of Allegations has requested and received a 30-day extension to respond to the notice," said Ole Miss in a statement. "This extension is an often used tool available to all parties, and the Notice of Allegations itself has not changed in any way. Upon the completion of the 30-day extension period, the University will release our full Response to the Notice of Allegations."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...statement-regarding-laremy-tunsil-allegations

I watched the NFL draft where they were expecting Tunsil to be the top pick in the draft. Instead he was the 12th pick they said the reason he went lower was because of a video of him smoking pot 2 years ago. It cost him 10 million dollars, for that kind of money I would be able to refrain.

I watched the NFL draft where they were expecting Tunsil to be the top pick in the draft. Instead he was the 12th pick they said the reason he went lower was because of a video of him smoking pot 2 years ago. It cost him 10 million dollars, for that kind of money I would be able to refrain.

You had other issues with him as well...he didn't run at the NFL Combine or at his Pro Day....he was with Robert NKemdiche with his incident in Atlanta and the hotel room...this was the straw that drove many teams away.

Rankin went #12 I think.

Reactions: LockdownCard
I wouldn't have taken this guy in the last round. We've all just watched Johnny Football implode - these high paid GM's will never learn!

Looks like Tunsil Financial Advisor is the one that threw him under the bus:

The Miami Dolphins believe they have found who's behind Laremy Tunsil's NFL Draft social media sabotage.

Palm Beach Post beat reporter Andrew Abramson is reporting through sources that the Dolphins believe Tunsil's former financial advisor is the one who leaked a video showing Miami's first-round pick smoking marijuana through a gas mask.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/...mer-financial-advisor-linked-to-leak-45102698

"Former" financial adviser pretty much says it all. My supposition is that the financial adviser funneled $$$ to the kid, only to be dumped when it was his turn to get paid.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Wow! Prior to the NFL draft, he had the time to have a "FORMER financial adviser."

I guess financial adviser is the more PC term for a sugar daddy.
I would be willing to bet this guy was not an "accredited financial advisor". Probably an associate at World Wide Wes Financial Services.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Latest on the Tunsil incident:

The Palm Beach Post reported earlier this week that the organization thinks Tunsil's former financial advisor leaked the video onto Tunsil's Twitter page. And now, according to ESPN.com, Tunsil's attorneys and agents are investigating a relationship with a former business manager/financial advisor to see what role the man may have had in the video making its way online. Based on what's discovered, Tunsil's representatives could turn their findings over to the FBI.

More via ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach and Nicole Noren:

Tunsil fired the business manager after other agents informed Tunsil that the man wasn't licensed or registered to work as a financial adviser but was a "runner," a term used to describe someone who gives money and other benefits to a player in order to entice the player to sign with an agent or financial adviser with whom the runner is working.

The sources said the business manager gave Tunsil a new cell phone in mid-October. People close to Tunsil believe the man might have accessed Tunsil's social media accounts Thursday by logging into them through his old phone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ps-investigating-ex-advisor-over-leaked-video

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT