ADVERTISEMENT

Cards WBB vs. Northwestern

I don’t know if she is or not but she doesn’t go for loose balls even when they are right in front of her. Maybe she is still shook up.

Reactions: rh62531
Mykasa!!! Shouts CJW That was funny. NW got the ball to the open 3 point shooter in the corner and Mykasa covers ground to force a bad shot.

As bad as we played, as far as we got behind we come from behind to win by 9. We can’t continue to play the 1st quarter like we have been playing and expect to win. The team has to start the game with the energy of Mykasa.

Reactions: rh62531
As bad as we played, as far as we got behind we come from behind to win by 9. We can’t continue to play the 1st quarter like we have been playing and expect to win. The team has to start the game with the energy of Mykasa.
Yep. I think this was the 4th or 5th game over the last month or so that featured a bad start. I had written this one off at the quarter break. Glad to be wrong but it was scary.

Peace

The slow start was disappointing, but the defensive performance in the first quarter was actually part of Jeff’s game plan. He was not convinced that NW could hit the 3s, but that is precisely what they did early and often.

With that said, the 10 point offensive performance was not part of the game plan, and it does raise questions as to what is going on with this roster. I will say there is absolutely no quit in Jeff and these Cardinal Ladies, as the second, third and fourth quarter defensive effort was unprecedented in Women’s NCAA games. NW scored 25 points in the 1st quarter, but only 28 points in the next 3 quarters.

The slow start was disappointing, but the defensive performance in the first quarter was actually part of Jeff’s game plan. He was not convinced that NW could hit the 3s, but that is precisely what they did early and often.

With that said, the 10 point offensive performance was not part of the game plan, and it does raise questions as to what is going on with this roster. I will say there is absolutely no quit in Jeff and these Cardinal Ladies, as the second, third and fourth quarter defensive effort was unprecedented in Women’s NCAA games. NW scored 25 points in the 1st quarter, but only 28 points in the next 3 quarters.
Yep that was lock down D for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT