ADVERTISEMENT

Cards WBB 96 - UTM 61

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
This may be the shortest recap I've done on a Louisville WBB game. I couldn't attend (work), only caught bits and pieces of it on the radio and missed almost all of Dana's big first quarter.

Five things I liked, though:

1) Dana delivered. 10-12 from the floor six for seven from three and 29 points in 25 minutes. At halftime, it was Dana 22 - UTM 22. She's back, she's hot and she's Dana. Be very afraid, ACC.

2) Three! The Cards were 50% (13-26) from three-point range. Dana and Kianna were a combined 9 for 11 from the deep. Heck, even Malea Williams made one. UTM made just four for the 40 minutes.

3) Hello, Malea! The Frankfort, KY freshman scored the Cards last seven points of the afternoon. You could hear the Louisville bench going nuts over the radio. Yeah, sure, the contest was long since over but we may have found the next Jess Laemmle, in terms of bringing excitement when entering a game. She even had a block.

4) 17-19. I've harped on free throws a bit this season. No complaints on almost 90% accuracy yesterday,

5) Norika Konno. She's really turning into what we all thought she might be. 20 minutes of hustle and team play. Four rebounds, three assists two steals and no turnovers. She saw the most minutes of any of the reseves because she's effective and a team player. You go, Konno.

The ACC has determined the Cards will play VT next. Tomorrow, in Blacksburg. 8 p.m. Kenny's Brooks Hokies are 6-2, bit 1-2 in conference and have lost their last two. Yes, Elizabeth Kitley is probably the center the Cards will have faced so far this season. Yes, Aisha Sheppard can drill the three. It's a road game with just one day's rest. I still like the Cards chances. Just make sure Dana doesn't miss the flight.

--sonja--

Reactions: CardsFirst
We have a good starting lineup and a good bench I really like this team. Coach has a lot of options, we can go 4 guards and do well or he can insert a couple of bigs and we do well. I agree with you I also like Konno’s game, she is very athletic and team player. I like the pace of our game with our bench being so deep we ware out the other teams. The Va Tech game will be interesting being on the road and Kitley is impressive.

Reactions: Sonja
Great breakdown Sonja. Not much to dislike with this team. Their as usual fun to watch and their ceiling this year and over the next several years is extremely high. Look forward to tonight. Go Cards!

Reactions: Sonja
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT