ADVERTISEMENT

Cards vs Virginia

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Cards take early lead 1-0 in 3rd inning in Game 1 of series courtesy of Fitch solo HR. Cards had bases loaded in first inning but couldn't score.

Cards take game 1 of the series, 5-2. After leading 3-2 in the top of the 9th, Colby Fitch hit his 2nd HR of the game, a 2 run shot. With 1 man on, VA brought in a lefty to face Fitch only to have him blast a HR. Hentzman closed the 9th.

I can see by that game last night(yaawwwwn) that the Cavs are going to fight to the end.We'll need help from a few others going forward.Great win and performance by Fitch.

Let's take another step growing as a team on Sunday and get the series.

Yeah it wasn't pretty today. Couldn't get the big hit we needed and they did. McClure like McKay wasn't sharp and didn't get the support he needed. Let's win the series tomorrow. Go Cards!

Wasn't very pretty today as well but Cards manage to win 4-3 to take the weekend series, 2-1. Some very bizarre plays like Fitch walking off the bag at 2nd when he was safe and a lot of crazy bunt plays.. Taylor who hadn't play all weekend came in late as pinch hitter. Hairston had a big HR to tie the game at 3-3. UK on Tuesday!!!

Weird weekend,but ecstatic at getting 2 of 3.

Cavs had this one circled and they played their hearts out.I think ugly wins will build the character of this team.

Yes, this had the feel of a super regional. It was weird almost like playing their basketball team. They pride themselves on not striking out and McKay only had 2 and I think McClure only had 1. They saved their best pitcher until Sunday so things were looking in their favor. Big road series win!

Reactions: earsky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT