ADVERTISEMENT

Cards vs uk

It's a long way away ... and at best, UK is the 7th best team on our schedule (prolly more like 9th best).

As usual, injuries may play a role, and how the season has unfolded for both squads to that point will as well.
But that game isn't one I'm overly concerned with.

Reactions: American Male
Keep dreaming. The window has closed for any chance of ul beating UK again. Thank joker for the wins you got because of him. Ul was very lucky to get past us last year, but I cannot see ul even getting close enough to UK to even get a lucky win as long as Stoops is in charge.
Sometimes it is hard for ul fans to understand your place in the pecking order of college football. The opening games for both teams is a good example. Sec teams, much like NFL teams, like to have a preseason warm up game against a much lesser opponent. UK has ull and UA has ul as the paid cupcakes. It really blows my mind that because Auburn has agreed to play you, somehow it elevates ul football. I dont hear ull fans bragging just because we allow them to come to the new Commonwealth to be slaughtered by the Big Blue.
Just a little reminder that ul is much closer to ull than any SEC school

Keep dreaming. The window has closed for any chance of ul beating UK again. Thank joker for the wins you got because of him. Ul was very lucky to get past us last year, but I cannot see ul even getting close enough to UK to even get a lucky win as long as Stoops is in charge.
Sometimes it is hard for ul fans to understand your place in the pecking order of college football. The opening games for both teams is a good example. Sec teams, much like NFL teams, like to have a preseason warm up game against a much lesser opponent. UK has ull and UA has ul as the paid cupcakes. It really blows my mind that because Auburn has agreed to play you, somehow it elevates ul football. I dont hear ull fans bragging just because we allow them to come to the new Commonwealth to be slaughtered by the Big Blue.
Just a little reminder that ul is much closer to ull than any SEC school

I'm honestly unsure how to react to posts like these. I don't really believe this is a legitimate thought process by a legitimate poster. I think it's just a poser overexaggerating a stereotype. It's just really easy to chuckle at its absurdity and move on.

Last edited:
I am actually trying to do your fanbase a favor. I see a lot of disrespect toward UK football and I am letting you know that it will only come back to hurt your team. Coach Stoops is an honorable man and running up the score is against his charecter, but why would ul fans want to tempt fate? Going forward UK will often be playing in the SEC championship game the week following ul, so Stoops will be inclined to pull starters early to avoid injuries. When ul fans create this ill will by disrespecting UK, it may well lead to Stoops leaving his starters in longer and not allow ul any garbage points. What might be a 14 or 21 point loss could turn into a 30 or 40 point blowout and hurt even more. Remember that next time you are aboit to say something disrespectful about UK.

Homer you are full of crap. Please tell me one, that's ONE, player that has been seriously coached up since Stoops and his staff has arrived. Recruiting talent is one thing, but getting them to play at a higher level is another. CBP and his staff are experts at this process as they've actually been head coaches and know how this is done. It is my guess that Stoops will be four and out either by being fired OR if he is successful he will be snapped up by a program that really cares about football.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: beasleythecard
Homer you are full of crap. Please tell me one, that's ONE, player that has been seriously coached up since Stoops and his staff has arrived. Recruiting talent is one thing, but getting them to play at a higher level is another. CBP and his staff are experts at this process as they've actually been head coaches and know how this is done. It is my guess that Stoops will be four and out either by being fired OR if he is successful he will be snapped up by a program that really cares about football.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!![/QUOTE

I'd like to throw a couple of names out of players who have been coached up by Stoops and his staff. How about Jon Toth and Josh Forrest?

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
I'd like to throw out a couple of names of players who have been coached up by Stoops and staff. How about Jon Toth and Josh Forrest?

You have to keep Homerblue posting. Good Lord, he is incredible. He not only buys into the deluded sense that UK is a "sleeping giant", he gives us ample helpings of what will no doubt later be his own humiliation. He is the UK "National Champions 2015" tattoo.

I am actually trying to do your fanbase a favor. I see a lot of disrespect toward UK football and I am letting you know that it will only come back to hurt your team. Coach Stoops is an honorable man and running up the score is against his charecter, but why would ul fans want to tempt fate? Going forward UK will often be playing in the SEC championship game the week following ul, so Stoops will be inclined to pull starters early to avoid injuries. When ul fans create this ill will by disrespecting UK, it may well lead to Stoops leaving his starters in longer and not allow ul any garbage points. What might be a 14 or 21 point loss could turn into a 30 or 40 point blowout and hurt even more. Remember that next time you are aboit to say something disrespectful about UK.

this is beyond any common sense of 99.99% of UK fans...he is just trolling you guys.
I doubt he is a UK fan

Reactions: KDcats11 and gg4uk
I'm honestly unsure how to react to posts like these. I don't really believe this is a legitimate thought process by a legitimate poster. I think it's just a poser overexaggerating a stereotype. It's just really easy to chuckle at its absurdity and move on.

I don't doubt you're right. The problem is incendiary trolls like this tend to derail legitimate discussions. They either suck people in, or get people talking about the troll rather than the topic.

I don't doubt you're right. The problem is incendiary trolls like this tend to derail legitimate discussions. They either suck people in, or get people talking about the troll rather than the topic.

The problem is the free board is part legitimate/but part smack board where mods allow the riff raff to run amuck, with the point being to drive posters seeking legitimate discussions to a premium account. You have a couple fans that enjoy the back and forth and others that beg mods to act.

The advertising model isn't going to impact premium membership. Maybe I'm wrong about that. What we do know is this place isn't being moderated the way it was years ago.

Fair point. I invite you to utilize the "report" feature whenever you read posts or comments that you feel need to be addressed by a mod. It's what we rely on for feedback on the board's activities. I'm on the board a lot, but I don't read or catch every thread or post. And I don't always "get it" when a post may be considered an issue or concern for any of our posters.

Steelers I've lost a little respect for you....I always thought you were "HomerBlue," and JHB4UK was "Petjurino." :D

Reactions: Steelers2012
The thread is titled "cards vs UK" My posts were relevant to the topic on hand...I can not help with hurt feelings.

Good lord Saturday can't come fast enough. It won't matter if we win or lose, at least we can stop talking about UK like it is the first game of the season.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
UK FOOTBALL: One of our LBers is 6'3". See y'all in the Atl.!
I tell you guys, I'm a VOL fan and have been for life. I retired from the Army here in Fort Knox and have many friends that are Cards fans and so i watch the Cards play and i always root for them. Cards fans are better, I can talk to them. KY fans are Idiots if you ask me. I hope the Cards beat KY bad. GO CARDS>

I'm a UK fan and a die hard one at that........with that being said I do believe we (UK) are on an upswing, but until we actually beat UL in football, then "we" as fans need to understand where our place is, in the pecking order of this sport.
Good luck to you all on Saturday....I'm just glad that football season is finally back!!

ADVERTISEMENT