ADVERTISEMENT

Cards match up well against Clemson and FSU

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Now I'm not saying we will definitely win both games but after watching Clemson Saturday and FSU tonight, I don't see this obvious talent advantage over Louisville. In fact, I think the Cards are deeper at some positions.

Clemson's offense looked limited against Auburn and the Tigers defense is not as potent as the Cards. And Auburn's offense is really bad because they have no idea who's their QB. A lot of teams are going to limit Auburn's ability to score.

FSU's offense appears to be Dalvin Cook and if you stack the box with a aggressive and talented front seven, he's neutralized. Ole Miss's defense tonight so far is dominating FSU up front and we know Louisville's front 7 is the strength of our defense. Also, Ole Miss is killing the Seminoles with their TE so far tonight. As I'm writing this, the Rebels are up 21-3 in the 2nd quarter. The Cards are loaded at TE. FSU isn't getting much of a pass rush and Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly has had some nice runs and he's not Lamar Jackson there.

Again with this Louisville team, it's all about the OL. Both Clemson and FSU appear to have significant better OL's than the Cards. Every game is different from the last and I'm sure Clemson and FSU will perform much better against the Cards. My only point with this post is I think the Cards are just as formidable as both of these teams. Coming in to this season it was said over and over how loaded Clemson and FSU are but I believe Louisville is loaded as well.

Food for thought, thanks.

We have to prove it, after which, it becomes believable.

Now I'm not saying we will definitely win both games but after watching Clemson Saturday and FSU tonight, I don't see this obvious talent advantage over Louisville. In fact, I think the Cards are deeper at some positions.

Clemson's offense looked limited against Auburn and the Tigers defense is not as potent as the Cards. And Auburn's offense is really bad because they have no idea who's their QB. A lot of teams are going to limit Auburn's ability to score.

FSU's offense appears to be Dalvin Cook and if you stack the box with a aggressive and talented front seven, he's neutralized. Ole Miss's defense tonight so far is dominating FSU up front and we know Louisville's front 7 is the strength of our defense. Also, Ole Miss is killing the Seminoles with their TE so far tonight. As I'm writing this, the Rebels are up 21-3 in the 2nd quarter. The Cards are loaded at TE. FSU isn't getting much of a pass rush and Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly has had some nice runs and he's not Lamar Jackson there.

Again with this Louisville team, it's all about the OL. Both Clemson and FSU appear to have significant better OL's than the Cards. Every game is different from the last and I'm sure Clemson and FSU will perform much better against the Cards. My only point with this post is I think the Cards are just as formidable as both of these teams. Coming in to this season it was said over and over how loaded Clemson and FSU are but I believe Louisville is loaded as well.

It's always tougher to win on the road. The Cards could play a very good game against both and still come up short. I just think the Cards are not over matched by these teams like most people assumed. How many top level teams have three legit RB's, five WR's and three TE's to choose from? Also have two starters at QB and a phenom freshman as the 3rd option? Juwon Pass would probably start at LSU and Auburn.

Great call. I always read your analysis and then bet the exact opposite

And as I'm reading this, FSU went on a 39-6 run to win going away. Your ability to get everything 100% wrong 100% of the time is astounding
Wow, what an ass. God forbid anyone think we can actually WIN a game. Shame on Card fans for being positive. Btw, you'd better tell Bobby to cancel the games because I'm pretty sure he thinks we can win those games too.

Wow, what an ass. God forbid anyone think we can actually WIN a game. Shame on Card fans for being positive. Btw, you'd better tell Bobby to cancel the games because I'm pretty sure he thinks we can win those games too.
I'm assuming this is a response to Jay? Since I employed the ignore option weeks ago, his asinine comments disappear. It's obvious he's a troll because he knows I can't see his posts but he responds anyway. Why the mods let him continue bashing Cards fans I don't know.

I think I'll hold my thought on this until I see our OL perform against a team ranked higher than #128. Charlotte was horrible I know we scored at will and that shows promise but the competition steps up this week and accelerates next week.

Yep because that's exactly what I said: "We can't win a game." Good reading comprehension. God we have some complete morons as fans.

I think I'll hold my thought on this until I see our OL perform against a team ranked higher than #128. Charlotte was horrible I know we scored at will and that shows promise but the competition steps up this week and accelerates next week.

Don't do that man! Real says we'll win every game by at least 30. You'd be wise to get playoff tickets now

We've always been right there with Clemson. They won both games, but very narrow margins of victory with us having a chance at the end.

We've had leads then collapsed in the second half against FSU both times (Much like Ole Miss did last night).

Yes, we CAN win the ACC, just have to get over those humps.

FSU really put it together in the second half, and the freshman QB really looked terrific. After week one, I'd say FSU, Clemson and Houston all look like VERY formidable opponents. Go Cards!

Reactions: SoulSr
Versus Florida State, one very encouraging thing was their inability to cover seam routes. Their safeties were getting drawn outside and their linebackers were getting run by in coverage. All of Kelly's INT's were on out patterns....I was really surprised Ole Miss kept challenging things on the deep outs. Anyways, if their coverage breakdown continues, I foresee Cole Hikutini having a huge game. Also, FSU runs a lot of man coverage, which opens up some huge space for the QB to run. So Lamar could potentially have a big game with his feet. The big problem for us is our o-line matching up with their d-line and linebackers. They have both size and speed. I don't see us being able to run the ball much at all.

who the hell is this Jay guy? I think we're competitive in both games and will be happy going 1-1 in those games. My heart says we win both and my brain says we get FSU at home and lose a nail biter at Clemson.

Where are the mods? It's obvious this Jay is not a Cards fan. What fan constantly belittles fellow fans for being optimistic? Maybe a post or two saying why he's not as confident but a continued campaign to deride anybody who thinks the Cards can or will win? Who is moderating this board anyway? I have ignored Jay but I still see others reacting to his same old crap. Is this how it's going to be all season? All basketball season as well? The mods would never permit a UK fan to come here and spout this tired old crap so why are they giving this "person" a pass? I mean what does it take?

Where are the mods? It's obvious this Jay is not a Cards fan. What fan constantly belittles fellow fans for being optimistic? Maybe a post or two saying why he's not as confident but a continued campaign to deride anybody who thinks the Cards can or will win? Who is moderating this board anyway? I have ignored Jay but I still see others reacting to his same old crap. Is this how it's going to be all season? All basketball season as well? The mods would never permit a UK fan to come here and spout this tired old crap so why are they giving this "person" a pass? I mean what does it take?

Oh for crying out loud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT