ADVERTISEMENT

Cards, Just A Heads Up On A Very Different 9/11 Memorial Project I Just Launched

RutgersRaRa

No-Ranking Prospect
Mar 21, 2011
"Imagine strings made of steel from the Twin Towers.
Now imagine these strings on a guitar, a violin, and a cello.
Now imagine these instruments played by survivors of 9/11."

So starts the intro to the video to the project. You're the only fanbase other than my own that I've told thus far, as I still feel a partial obligation to redeem ourselves in your eyes due to a convo I had with a Card after the Navy issue of about eight years ago. In any case, I have a special place in my heart for the Cards and Mountaineers, so here's the video I did explaining the project. It is gaining momentum behind the scenes, so things are going well in a short time. Have a great season--I am rooting for you to win the conference.

Thank you. I am always humbled when a Cards fan says kind things to/about me. Not sure why that is, but I'm good with it. You were the most decent fans on the boards of all fanbases, so that must be it.
You have always been respectful as well. Our football rivalry while short, was a good one. You guys broke our hearts in 2006 and we returned the favor in 2012.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Just got a bump from a very cool guy in country music. Joe Nichols was part of the inspiration for the project, as his song, "The Impossible," has a line in it that says, "...unbendable steel, bends..." which was in my mind at the time I conceived the idea. Gotta keep the momentum rolling now. Here's the link to his tweet today:

Unbendable steel...bends

And here's the update I did a few hours ago and posted to YouTube. Please forgive me the shirt I'm wearing. :)

Excellent work RaRa!
Thanks! It's still a lot of work to pull this off, but it's a vision I've got so I'll take it as far as I can. Interest is growing in the project, so time will tell how quickly it all gets done. Stay tuned...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT