ADVERTISEMENT

Cards favored by 3.5

How much did State lose to the slapd!cks by?...

How much did State lose to the slapd!cks by?...
Has very little to do with our game with Mississippi State. We should be healthier going into the bowl game, the flu and injuries had us depleted against Kentucky. Did you notice that we ran very little of the triple option against Kentucky? Cunningham had the flu so we couldn’t. Mississippi State isn’t any better than a team like Virginia, Kentucky isn’t either but we were depleted against them.

Reactions: cocoa and Cue Card
I am hoping for better weather in the Music City Bowl than what we had against sUcK.

Looking forward to it. Should be a very competitive game!

UofL will be the last ACC team in the game until at least 2026, as the Music City Bowl becomes Big Ten versus SEC from 2020 to 2025.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Problem is Bulldogs lines are still massive compared to ours . Not a good matchup period for this years Cards team with any SEC team. Until Satterfield can recruit bigger and more talented o and d linemen we will struggle with certain teams. Thats the one thing Clemson and Fl.st have over the other ACC teams bigger athletic o and d linemen. Especially Clemson. I mean as much as i dislike UK thats the first thing Stoops identified when he to UK that they had to get on par in the trenches to be somewhat competitive in the SEC. Even the lower rung teams ie UK still have superior linemen than us.

Only thing i worry about Satterfield if he will adjust to recruiting bigger guys due to him saying he prefers smaller quicker guys . Coaches do not like to change their philosophy much.

Problem is Bulldogs lines are still massive compared to ours . Not a good matchup period for this years Cards team with any SEC team. Until Satterfield can recruit bigger and more talented o and d linemen we will struggle with certain teams. Thats the one thing Clemson and Fl.st have over the other ACC teams bigger athletic o and d linemen. Especially Clemson. I mean as much as i dislike UK thats the first thing Stoops identified when he to UK that they had to get on par in the trenches to be somewhat competitive in the SEC. Even the lower rung teams ie UK still have superior linemen than us.

Only thing i worry about Satterfield if he will adjust to recruiting bigger guys due to him saying he prefers smaller quicker guys . Coaches do not like to change their philosophy much.
Our offensive line is fine, our defensive line is the problem. We will beat Mississippi State because of our team speed. They are not a fast team!

Our offensive line is fine, our defensive line is the problem. We will beat Mississippi State because of our team speed. They are not a fast team!
Our pass defense has to be the best in the country! We only allowed 2 pass completions for 4 yards against the kitties! Oh wait...

Reactions: zipp
Shake your head all you want but do you want to forfeit the bowl game? Turn down the invitation? Line em up.

I don’t care how “bad” or “good” we think they are, they ARE good enough to win seven games, and may very well manage an eighth against an overconfident six win team.

It is what it is and will be until we get a couple of classes in.

Reactions: Mayoman
Shake your head all you want but do you want to forfeit the bowl game? Turn down the invitation? Line em up.

I don’t care how “bad” or “good” we think they are, they ARE good enough to win seven games, and may very well manage an eighth against an overconfident six win team.

It is what it is and will be until we get a couple of classes in.
They should put you in charge of marketing for selling bowl tickets.

So what happened in the UK game?. Fans still think we have quality lines smh.

A combination of UK’s very good defense, and a team made one dimensional because our QB had the flu and very bad weather conditions (nearly an inch of rain fell that day with up to 25mph wind gusts during the game) that prevented us from being able to pass.

So yes, If those conditions are duplicated in Nashville this month, then we will be just as one-dimensional, and Mississippi State’s defense will dominate us.

What’s impressive (in a “just bad luck” way for us) is that if you look up the precipitation statistics for Lexington KY on November 30th, by far the most rain that day (over half an inch!) fell between 12 and 3pm.

Last edited:
Reactions: JacksonPurchaseCat
With regular weather conditions, we win this game. Snow or heavy rainfall, it will be a long game. I like Coach Satterfield's ability to game plan, with the exception of the UK game.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
MSU runs the ball...can we at least limit it?!? I agree weather and sick QB's hurt us in the UK game and would have kept our O on the field, lessening the UK run offense, but still would have been a 2 TD game even with all that. sUcK is not 32 points better than us, but I think they are 7-10 right now, today at their place. Is what it is, we went 7-5 and what looks to be a legit shot at 8-5 on a year "most" of us thought 3-4-5 wins. Let's go kick some bulldog ass--we owe them 1 from a few years ago.

First thing is your reading comprehension skills are very bad if that is what you think I said. Our quarterback had the flu, we couldn’t run our normal offense because of it.

MsSt pass defense is very suspect! Think the spread is about right. This is truly going to depend on the the field and weather conditions. Like our chances if we can use our best weapons!! Team speed when wehave the ball!

As an FYI the field at Nissan is Tifsport Bermuda Sod Natural grass. Titans play home games on 12/15, and 12/22 . So watch closely on the field , and weather conditions the next two weekends for games at Nissan. The good news the Titans are playing an away game on Sunday 12/29 , so the conditionof the field will have a full 8 days to be rehabed before are game. Also it looks like the Titans have a real shot at the playoffs so it's in there best interest to keep the field in Tip Top shape for possible Wild Card game the following weekend after the Music City Bowl or beyond. We shall see, and something to watch.

Pervis did not see a line yet, only assumed Knuckle had it right! Either way it's a one possesion game, spread for both teams. Clearly a close game. Like our chances a lot better with good field, and weather conditions. Just sayin

First thing is your reading comprehension skills are very bad if that is what you think I said. Our quarterback had the flu, we couldn’t run our normal offense because of it.
It's obvious you dont' know anything nor watched if you think our d-line and o-lines can stand up to those big guys . That beat Uk which destroyed us. Dude do you realize they have an NFL back being sprung with o-linemen avg over 330 plus . Who the hell have we stopped nobody with our little d-linemen.

Plus i've noticed you haven't taken your thoughts over on the miss.st o-line thread wonder why?

It's obvious you dont' know anything nor watched if you think our d-line and o-lines can stand up to those big guys . That beat Uk which destroyed us. Dude do you realize they have an NFL back being sprung with o-linemen avg over 330 plus . Who the hell have we stopped nobody with our little d-linemen.

Plus i've noticed you haven't taken your thoughts over on the miss.st o-line thread wonder why?
Are you really this f-Ing dumb?

Well one big factor that some who have never played football fail to realize is that speed is not an advantage if at all in the rain on a wet field. As was in the UK game. Another thing that may have been a big deal - or it may be a non factor I’m not real sure... is the rumor that half of our team was sick with a stomach virus.
I will say this Notre Dames O and D line was supposed to be as good as any - and we held our own in that game.
I agree that our d line needs work... it will be addressed but these coaches are doing one hell of a job working with what they got!

I expect defensive outcome similar to the UK game. Louisville can hang for a half, but the size and physicality of MSU's offensive lineman is going to overpower the Cardinals. They have a great RB and a QB who is also a good runner. Unlike UK, they also have some ability to throw the ball.
Fortunately, the Bulldog's defense is not as good as UK's. The Cards should be able to score; possibly outscore MSU. However I expect Louisville, specifically the defense, to be gassed in the second half.

Depth should be pretty good for this game. We will have a lot of veteran players trying to impress scouts, rather than sitting out to protect their draft position. Several weeks off to get healthy before this game should be very helpful to our undersized defensive front. Plus, the coaches are going to be able to play both Zach Edwards and Ramon Puryear on the defensive line without burning their redshirts.

The only way player who might sit out is Mekhi Becton, which would be disappointing but completely understandable.

I also wonder what the coaches will do about freshman kicker James Turner. He’s played 4 games so far, so will they burn his redshirt by having him kick off for us in the bowl game? Or will they have someone else kickoff for us? Possibly Chalifoux or Mason King?

Depth should be pretty good for this game. We will have a lot of veteran players trying to impress scouts, rather than sitting out to protect their draft position. Several weeks off to get healthy before this game should be very helpful to our undersized defensive front. Plus, the coaches are going to be able to play both Zach Edwards and Ramon Puryear on the defensive line without burning their redshirts.

The only way player who might sit out is Mekhi Becton, which would be disappointing but completely understandable.

I also wonder what the coaches will do about freshman kicker James Turner. He’s played 4 games so far, so will they burn his redshirt by having him kick off for us in the bowl game? Or will they have someone else kickoff for us? Possibly Chalifoux or Mason King?

Zach Edwards has already played in 4 games. Ramon Puryear has played in 3, so he will be available to play.

Edwards is listed as only having played 2 games on gocards.com. Of course, those stats could be wrong.

I look in the game notes, and they have Edwards listed at 4 games. I went through every game to double check and You are correct. He's only listed as playing in EKU, BC and WF. So according to the participation charts, he's only played in 3. Puryear played in EKU, FSU and Miami.

I'll have to send Kenny Klein a message to have Rocco double check their stats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT