ADVERTISEMENT

Cards are now in 1st place in the ACC!

The Cards destiny is in their own hands right now.

Not that I thought the games against UVA were even close to a sure thing this season, for obvious reasons, but them beating a solid FSU team shows they definitely can't be overlooked.

Reactions: Cue Card
Virginia and UNC are starting to make some noise in the conference so nothing is going to be easy. I have watched FSU play 6 times this year including their loss to Virginia tonight. FSU’s best game this year was when they played us they have really struggled against other opponents. Polite and Vassel are good from outside but the rest of the team have been struggling.
CCM is still at a disadvantage in the conference right now compared to the other coaches. Other coaches in the conference have been around awhile where Mack is new to the conference. They know everybody’s personnel and the coaches style of play Mack is still getting familiar with it.

Hopefully the BC game just became “more important” to our guys. Maybe they’ll go up there and have an outstanding game on the road. Let’s hope anyway.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Yikes!!! As we’ve already seen, heavy is the head that wears the crown. Happy to be in this position but nervous as well.

It’s a plus and a minus. FSU losing puts us ahead, but UVA starting to turn a corner makes those 2 games appear much tougher. But it’s what we want, bring em all on!

Yeah I want no part of UVA this year. It will be like 50-60 point game max.

I see the Cards beating FSU and losing two more: losing one of the games to UVA, and losing one more perhaps an inexplicable one.

And if thats the case, who wouldn't take 25-6 and 16-4 in the ACC before the season. That result would be no worse than a 3 and highly likely a 2 seed.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
We got no choice. The Cards will play UVA at least 2 times and possibly a 3rd time in the ACC tourney.
They’re our mental and physical kryptonite. They’ve just beat us so much that it’s in our heads, and that style can throw a team like ours off guard because we like to push in transition.

But I’ve watched them and feel strong/secure that we will win the regular season ACC title. Schedule lines up perfect, we don’t see Duke again, UNC is down, we have 1 game up on FSU, and UVA is down too.

Virginia can’t hit the broad side of the barn this year. They do have a good coach and a good defense. That being said if you get a 6 point lead on them that seems like a double digit lead since their offense is so bad. I am more concerned with UNC than Virginia. They are starting to play better and there best player hasn’t come back yet.
I like our team and like the announcer said the other night we are a good team right now but we are still going to get better. I like our chances against anybody right now with all the offense we’re putting up.

Louisville will split w/Virginia and if we play them for a 3rd time in ACC tourney, it'll be a toss up.

Virginia can’t hit the broad side of the barn this year.

Ahem I feel the need to anti jinx this comment. Virginia will probably light it up all over the court against the Cards. Lol

Seriously, I think UofL can beat them but it won't be easy. Same with UNC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT