ADVERTISEMENT

Cards 5 point dogs to FSU

FSU -6 now. I would not be surprised to see this one get as high as -8 or -9 FSU. Game time I think it lands between -6 and -7.

I'm not really sure what to expect in this one.

As an FSU fan just a little insight into our own struggles. Our OL has been a concern for years and this year it has gotten worse. Starting 5 are decent but we have been hit with injuries to the point where we are playing a kid or two that while he tries just isnt ACC quality. It has really hampered us offensively.

At times the offense has the right plays called and has the athletes to make big plays but they just arent executing. There are have been many open receivers who drop balls that would have led to big gains. I believe you have encountered something similar.

The defense has played very well. They are attacking. But they have been hampered by poor field position due to offense turning the ball over.

I think in this game if either team gets up by multiple scores that could be the ball game as Im not sure either team has the mental capacity to come back. I think both could lose focus and give up so to speak if they fear the game is getting away from them yet again.

We have a good QB who throws well but doesnt seem to want to run the ball. RBs are super talented but OL cannot generate holes. Coaches dont give up on the run so I would expect a couple of big plays from play action.

I hope it is a good game and that both play well to at least take that away from the game rather than one where the loser feels demoralized.

Reactions: Steelers2012
This a get back on track game for FSU will MAUL us! This is just a bad year for Cards it is what it is. Bobby at end of year has too makes some coaching changes on staff go into next season and just see if theirs improvement. And those clamoring for Brohm i'm pretty sure he will still be available after next year also.

This a get back on track game for FSU will MAUL us! This is just a bad year for Cards it is what it is. Bobby at end of year has too makes some coaching changes on staff go into next season and just see if theirs improvement. And those clamoring for Brohm i'm pretty sure he will still be available after next year also.

Here's the issue with that. If you've paid attention (not that you haven't) you'll see that Petrino loses staff nearly every year for whatever reason, but he's widely known to be difficult to work for, and nearly always struggles to find replacements. There's a reason Peter Sirmon and Brian Van Gorder were available there's a reason Grantham and he didn't get along. There's a reason Lamar Thomas went to UK. We can fire assistants all we want but I have hard time seeing him get an upgrade at the position....he'll probably just hire another family member. lol

Seems like everyone gets healthy playing the Cardinals.

This is my concern. FSU has not played great but seem to be building some momentum coming off the win over NIU. I know it’s NIU... it’s positive momentum nonetheless. Something we cannot speak to. Couple that with 2 straight losses to Louisville....

If we do not see anything different, meaning we see the same play on offense we’ve seen over the last four weeks... this could be a 2 or 3 touchdown win for FSU. I think it will be closer because I’m not sure how much worse these guys can play.

Have to think that many of our guys will be “up” for this one as well.

My stance on this rest of the season......have no expectations game to game.
Hope that the team takes a step forward from week to week and just go from there. I'm not sure I've seen a Louisville football team look worse than they did last Saturday...so, they can only go up.

Drudge through this season and hope for major changes within the program in one form or another and look forward to next year. Hopefully either way there isn't much roster fallout at the end of the year....either guys leaving if Bobby is retained or guys leaving if Bobby is fired. The last thing this roster needs, with a weak recruiting class is to lose active guys.

ADVERTISEMENT