ADVERTISEMENT

Captains named

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Seniors dominate the selections for team captains.
Zach Britton, Danny O, Luke Smith and Elliot will lead this group that has National Championship aspirations.
Four guys that I think are thinking about bringing home the first ever here above all else.

Reactions: PHCARD
I know that some will take the naming of captains lightly,but we have suffered a bit in the past from a lack of leadership from vets that might not be projected highly at the next level.
This group of captains will keep the focus on the prize.

I know that some will take the naming of captains lightly,but we have suffered a bit in the past from a lack of leadership from vets that might not be projected highly at the next level.
This group of captains will keep the focus on the prize.
Couldn’t agree more. Smith and Elliott play with a lot of energy and passion, they will hold this group accountable more so than some captains we’ve had in the past.

Reactions: earsky
That pesky thing called the draft is what concerns me. They couldn't have it at a worse time than they do.
It's really unfortunate, but understably on the minds of a lot of our players.
Might as well get it out there and talk about it.
How to straddle the fine line between the draft and winning a championship will be at the top of the priority list for these captains.

Reactions: mattsefcovic
That pesky thing called the draft is what concerns me. They couldn't have it at a worse time than they do.
It's really unfortunate, but understably on the minds of a lot of our players.
Might as well get it out there and talk about it.
How to straddle the fine line between the draft and winning a championship will be at the top of the priority list for these captains.
For the first time, the MLB draft won’t be during the NCAA tournament games like in years past. Instead, they have moved the draft to Omaha the three days leading up to the CWS, allowing CWS participants to attend the draft. I don’t know how much this helps, but I think it is a slight improvement from during the middle of the games. Maybe the players that get drafted will have some time to get it off their mind and refocus on the CWS?

And I agree, this needs to be a big focus of the captains.

For the first time, the MLB draft won’t be during the NCAA tournament games like in years past. Instead, they have moved the draft to Omaha the three days leading up to the CWS, allowing CWS participants to attend the draft. I don’t know how much this helps, but I think it is a slight improvement from during the middle of the games. Maybe the players that get drafted will have some time to get it off their mind and refocus on the CWS?

And I agree, this needs to be a big focus of the captains.

That’s great the young men can be part of the MLB draft. But it’s still a major distraction??? I wonder how the coaches feel about this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT